• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Impossibly gorgeous "leaked" Famitsu images (WTF?!)

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
What in GOD's name is going on here. These images just appeared on 2ch with no explanation. They appear to be leaked images from an upcoming issue of Famitsu, and indeed closely adhere to that magazine's style.

They seem to be previews for three (!) upcoming games from Namco's Project Aces, of Ace Combat fame. The area for system is blanked out.

What could this possibly be about? Is it a hoax? If so, it deserves attention for being fantastically well done :D

Edit: Ace Combat fans will notice many, many series story references in these shots. If they are fake, someone is a huge Ace Combat fan.

Edit 2: Theory: The images are mockups for an internal Namco presentation, designed to look like Famitsu pages, perhaps to be pitched to marketing. Under this theory, only one of these games will go into production.

Edit 3: An identical character model has been found in an Ace Combat 6 screenshot. Confirmation these images originate from Project Aces?

Edit 4: Image links changed, thanks Lost Fragment.

famitsu1.jpg

famitsu2.jpg

famitsu3.jpg

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Not one of those images looks real time or anything on any platform. Cool "fake" if fake, interesting if real.

I can't read what it says but all I know is it's the Ace Combat team and I see jets and war and I'm guessing they are side games to the new Ace combat story and they will be mine.

BlueTsunami said:
Service Unavailable for the pics. What are they of? Ace Combat? what
BlueTsunami, it's like looking into video games that only exist in the afterlife --as if someone from a future world came to our time and gave us the gift of completely awesome gaming nirvana.

EDIT - Okay well it was like that.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
On a scale of Duke Nukem Forever to Gran Turismo Portable, I give these shots a Metroid Dread.

Twix

oh shiiiit...japanese developers finally jump in next gen.

edit: seriously..what’s this game ? and for which console ?

JoeFenix

If you look at official Ace Combat 6 cutscene images, the style is nearly identical. Looks like it's made by the same folks indeed. WTF is this though? Interactive ace combat 6 cutscenes?

Same blonde haired guy looks to be in all three if you look closely. Seems like it's part of the same project/game/movie.

Grifter

Jamesfrom818 said:
I very much doubt it but imagine if just one of the screens was from a Wii game.

You just blew my mind. Or imagine if they were from a Colecovision game. My weekend is blown.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
The images are down, not MINUTES after they were posted. I have them saved, can anyone recommend a good free image hosting service? Will repost.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Mr. Spinnington said:
BlueTsunami, it's like looking into video games that only exist in the afterlife --as if someone from a future world came to our time and gave us the gift of completely awesome gaming nirvana.

EDIT - Okay well it was like that.

:O

Busts out the dry sock and thinking cap for a pre fap session. Its time to work it out

Top Bottom