In 20+ years, what normal/commonly accepted things from 2019 will be “cancelled”?

DragoonKain

Nov 13, 2013
Retroactive outrage is real, and we’ve seen in 2019 how so many normal commonly accepted things like hobbies, greetings, language, beliefs we’ve known for years are all being called into question.

So I ask, in 20+ years, what things that are commonly accepted as fine and normal that we do/practice/say/etc now will be then considered wrong or immoral and will people try to cancel?

I could see horse racing cancellation attempt sometime in the next couple decades.

The national anthem being performed before sporting events I could see on the chopping block.

This one I can pretty much guarantee: any application of any kind will no longer ask for your gender. Only age, name, etc.

I don’t want to steal them all, just interested in what you think and where you see things headed down the road.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Eiknarf and pramod

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
In 20 years I expect society to be more permissive than we are presently. Within the next 2 years, we'll see more politicians openly campaign on the platform of "free speech" and "non-PC culture" and "no more mobs" and "cancel #cancelculture" and so forth. People are tired of the drama and many will happily side with the brave ones who stand up and call it out.

Anything tied to the entertainment industry right now runs the risk of being cancelled. They birthed this uroboros and now they're gonna be the meal at the end.

Otherwise, I dunno. Like I said, I think we're going to start becoming more permissive about more things and we'll start "uncancelling" things that were once on the intersectional hitlist.

JordanN

Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Border Control.

No one will be asked questions for trespassing into foreign countries and it will be illegal to actually detain them.

Speaking of which, the police will have their balls completely neutered. There wont be any law enforcement because enforcing laws will be considered "racist, hurtful and extremely bigoted".

A real life Demolition Man scene comes to life.

lock2k

Jun 13, 2018
Brazil
Retroactive outrage is real, and we’ve seen in 2019 how so many normal commonly accepted things like hobbies, greetings, language, beliefs we’ve known for years are all being called into question.

So I ask, in 20+ years, what things that are commonly accepted as fine and normal that we do/practice/say/etc now will be then considered wrong or immoral and will people try to cancel?

I could see horse racing cancellation attempt sometime in the next couple decades.

The national anthem being performed before sporting events I could see on the chopping block.

This one I can pretty much guarantee: any application of any kind will no longer ask for your gender. Only age, name, etc.

I don’t want to steal them all, just interested in what you think and where you see things headed down the road.
I hope this cancel trend is canceled by then and everything is restored.

DragoonKain

Nov 13, 2013
In 20 years I expect society to be more permissive than we are presently. Within the next 2 years, we'll see more politicians openly campaign on the platform of "free speech" and "non-PC culture" and "no more mobs" and "cancel #cancelculture" and so forth. People are tired of the drama and many will happily side with the brave ones who stand up and call it out.

Anything tied to the entertainment industry right now runs the risk of being cancelled. They birthed this uroboros and now they're gonna be the meal at the end.

Otherwise, I dunno. Like I said, I think we're going to start becoming more permissive about more things and we'll start "uncancelling" things that were once on the intersectional hitlist.
It's very possible, but I also think we'll go through pendulum effects, and I think things will swing back the other way sometime in the next 5-10 years, but in 20+ years, it could also take a massive swing back to this crazy far left progressive direction yet again. I do worry that we will never settle in "the middle" it will always swing to different extremes.

Dec 22, 2007
I wouldn't be surprised to see any sports which require physical contact to be phased out; especially football and mma. Twenty years may be a bit too soon, though, since they're still huge money-makers.

Yoshi

May 4, 2005
Germany
www.gaming-universe.de
I truly wonder what JordanN could write about he...

I do not think it is easy to say such a thing, because what is and is not acceptable does not evolve in a linear way, but it is more like waves. It could well be that in 20 years society is much more liberal in terms of what behaviour it accepts than today.

Reactions: Lamel

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
It's very possible, but I also think we'll go through pendulum effects, and I think things will swing back the other way sometime in the next 5-10 years, but in 20+ years, it could also take a massive swing back to this crazy far left progressive direction yet again. I do worry that we will never settle in "the middle" it will always swing to different extremes.
The pendulum always swings, but I don't think we'll see this kind of moral authority again. The West decided to give up the Judeo-Christian moral authority over the past 100 years, and now the secular moral authority (in the form of nuAtheism married to intersectionalism) is going to be upended, too. The question will be if the country returns to a religious moral authority, to a different kind of secular moral authority (perhaps nationalism-gone-mad again?), or maybe the pendulum breaks and we find a happy medium.

Impossible to say, of course.

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Fights and bodychecking in the NHL will probably be long gone 20 years down the line without people like Don Cherry around to defend them. They've been sterilizing my beautiful sport for decades and it's been banned in Canadian youth hockey for a few years already. :messenger_frowning_

#Phonepunk#

Gold Member
Sep 4, 2018
a whole lot of fake woke shit. there are tons of people trafficking in bad stereotypes and poor representation but get away with it because they are good at Ally Marketing. in the future, people will be far woker, and they will be able to see that shit for what it truly is.

a lot of the casualties in 20 years will be stuff by Male Feminists. Handmaid's Tale, the Avengers movies, the Star Wars movies, Di$n3y live action remakes, a lot of Marvel stuff, things people think are super woke right now will be seen as really backwards old people trash.

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
the resetera types will be cancelled and show us why they hate the joker

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Apr 9, 2009
Rampant obesity
Human-operated semi trucks
Semi automatic firearms

I choose to be an optimist.

GamingKaiju

Oct 24, 2014
Genders and what we class as gender norms if the ERA/SJW types continue their campaign of cancel culture and anti free speech.

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
20 years... driving yourself unless it is a “classic” car. Electric or other alternative fuel cars will be the norm.

daveonezero

Nov 19, 2018
This shit ain’t sustainable for another 20 years. There aren’t enough lands to conquer and resources to steal for the US to keep going like it is.

After economic and governmental collapse in this country things will be awesome.

Last edited:

Super Mario

Nov 12, 2016
Remember this moment as we struggle to figure out the future's victim pandering groups as told to us by the media, peer reviewed journals, and children.

I fully expect some sort of fight for AI rights. "They think just like us, why can't they have a vote?" I also believe they are actively looking for ways to normalize pedophilia

Reactions: hariseldon
Oct 26, 2018
From left to right:
Olga Seryabkina
Elena Vladimirovna Temnikova
Anastasia Karpova
I fucking love Russian women
They're beautiful, and more feminine.
Count me in.

Any hot blonde from Russia, Ukraine, Czech (and related area).

Truly the hottest IMO. But I like how they also have a bit of attitude. Not in a stupid pink haired SJW way, but in a flirty, yet bossy kind of way. It's that weird combo of looks and personality you only really get from that part of the world. And I'm not Russian, so I can't tell sometimes if they are truly serious, or trying to be demanding for fun and flirts. But I love that.

No wonder everyone wants to invite them to lunch or a pub after work.

Some women can learn a thing or two. You can be both great looking and have some personality too. Wow, who knew you can have both.

In fact, I bet the average cool Russian lady would tell a jealous SJW to fuck off, then swing her long blonde hair in their face and turn their back to them while they head out with friends and coworkers to a restaurant.

Last edited:

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
The pendulum always swings, but I don't think we'll see this kind of moral authority again. The West decided to give up the Judeo-Christian moral authority over the past 100 years, and now the secular moral authority (in the form of nuAtheism married to intersectionalism) is going to be upended, too. The question will be if the country returns to a religious moral authority, to a different kind of secular moral authority (perhaps nationalism-gone-mad again?), or maybe the pendulum breaks and we find a happy medium.

Impossible to say, of course.
One difference is how documented the crazy is this time.

Like, i can talk about the crazy related to the Satanic Panic, from innocent people being accused of child sacrifice, to parental advisories and heavy metal, to dungeon & dragons being a gateway to hell, to born again christians running around claiming everything from wind chimes to hand signs [devil horns] are satanic... but it's just words.

Very little of the crazy was actually documented. But now we have tweets and articles that live forever.

Hell, just typing that out, the satanic panic is such a perfect example of sjw culture. Even hand signs: devils horns vs. Ok sign. Dnd vs video games. Child sacrifice vs white supremacy.

The big difference being right vs left [moral panic vs politically correct panic].

Anyway. Im getting lost in the weeds, my main point is most people could walk away from the satanic panic and say 'not me' as they laugh about it, but the crazies today are going to be marked as authoritarian idiots for all time.

Edited to add: another big difference is that during the panic, they complained about media but didn't control media. So cartoons and games and movies wer3 called this or that, but we didn't have everything suddenly echoing it - in fact, much culture ridiculed it. Corporate mergers since then have left us a bit more in danger... when disney went woke, they took everything with them.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: hariseldon
Oct 26, 2018
Oil.

Every decade since the 70s when Time Magazine had an issue about the oil crisis, every geologist claims oil is going to run dry.

It's 2019. By 2039, I guess they got to be right sooner or later.

Reactions: Teletraan1

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Anyway. Im getting lost in the weeds, my main point is most people could walk away from the satanic panic and say 'not me' as they laugh about it, but the crazies today are going to be marked as authoritarian idiots for all time.
The same generation that crawls on its belly begging for college loan forgiveness will take responsibility for its bad choices and bear the shame of being marked "authoritarian"? No, millennials will crawl on their bellies again, penitent for chasing after false social-media idols, begging for a new righteous cause to obey. Our generation is chronically unable to self-reflect.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
This shit ain’t sustainable for another 20 years. There aren’t enough lands to conquer and resources to steal for the US to keep going like it is.

After economic and governmental collapse in this country things will be awesome.
I remember hearing that 20 years ago.

Reactions: prag16

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
The same generation that crawls on its belly begging for college loan forgiveness will take responsibility for its bad choices and bear the shame of being marked "authoritarian"? No, millennials will crawl on their bellies again, penitent for chasing after false social-media idols, begging for a new righteous cause to obey. Our generation is chronically unable to self-reflect.
Maybe not them, but the rest of us, perhap?. If the pendulum does swing back, and it must else we are all lost, many of the blue checkmarks will never live it down.

Oct 26, 2018
Modern day weight/BMI/fat tracking. Scientists will have no choice but to adjust weight indexes upwards.

Americans are still getting fatter. This is amazing since the past 10-15 years everyone has been drinking up bottles of water, whereas pop sales are flat or even declining.

So you'd think more zero calorie drinks should lead to less weight, but it hasn't helped. People sitting on their asses watching Netflix and doing Amazon deliveries doesn't help either.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Maybe not them, but the rest of us, perhap?. If the pendulum does swing back, and it must else we are all lost, many of the blue checkmarks will never live it down.
You're saying they'll cling to their shattered moral authority? No, they'll move on to something else. They never really believed it all that hard to begin with. The vast majority of cults and fads die out. Only the ones with some real meat can attract those with enough grit to make sure their ideas survive. These jokers are just armchair activists who were accidentally given too much influence.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
You're saying they'll cling to their shattered moral authority? No, they'll move on to something else. They never really believed it all that hard to begin with. The vast majority of cults and fads die out. Only the ones with some real meat can attract those with enough grit to make sure their ideas survive. These jokers are just armchair activists who were accidentally given too much influence.

I think we're misunderstanding each other? I'm saying people with extreme tds or extreme wokeness will have tweets and videos easily available that make them look crazy in 20 years. Like, maddow will look bonkers in 20 years. Don lemon. Vox journalists. People could escape their satanic panic crazy easier back then. This will stick like glue, staples, and duct tape.