• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In a gif, scariest scenes in horror films (spoilers)

In recent memory, I found the tall guy in It Follows to be a pretty spooky scene...share some of your favorite scary scenes in horror films gaf.

200.gif

Fun fact. Tall guy in It follows is one half of the world's tallest pair of identical twins (7'6")
http://www.thetallestman.com/mikelanier.htm

mas8705

Can't go wrong with the classics.
giphy.webp

Edit: *sees post about people asking for the names of films*

You guy already should know The Exorcist right?

hughesta

Banned
only came in this thread to check if someone posted the Inland Empire phantom

I'm too spooked by it to go find it myself so please someone post it

Kaban

Babadook stuck with me for days after I saw it. I know it gets a bad rap here for being 'overrated' but the scary moments are definitely effective, and to me, done right.

Ria4p0k.gif

Aizo

Banned
tumblr_ojt81zTIe81u501aoo1_400.gif

Scared the fuck out of me as a kid. The goddamn movie title probably speaks for itself.
What is obvious to you is not obvious to all. Less than 50% of GAF is American, according to Evilore.

The picture is from Pee-wee Herman, though I don't know which one.

The second one is apparently insidious? It's in the image URL. First one is...?

These aren't obvious. Label pictures if they're supposed to be representative answers to a question, please. It's annoying.

First one is from Mama, the feature film.

It's better in the short, imho:

patm0.gif

I hate that black flicker bullshit so many horror films do nowadays
That gif appears to be from a trailer. It's not like that in the film itself (the flicker).

Bakercat

anigif_original-grid-image-16668-1424984869-17.gif

One of the few horror scenes that still haunt me when I think of horror movies. This scene is one of the best WTF moments I've seen in horror. I love the movie, but I always get stomach pains when this comes up.

Sinister

kaiju

Silent Hill

Took a date to see this...

EDIT: Removed due to ToS, but it's the scene where Pyramid Head rips the chicks chest off.

We're now married, but she hasn't seen a horror movie since lol

Top Bottom