• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In case you haven't seen all the Horizon: Zero Dawn GIFs floating around...

Have not been as impressed with the graphics as I was playing this since Crysis and Uncharted 2. Like many others also said sometimes you just have to stop and look around and be baffled how the fuck GG did it.

Sure there are areas the game could improve (some lipsync and eye movements looks off) but being their first openworld RPG they set the bar extremely high for what to expect from a game in 2017 both when it comes to graphics, gameplay and story.

Best graphics I've seen in a video game by far! Definitely up there for GOTY action-RPG. No doubt every other category will be won by BoTW.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Yep. Some dodgy character animation in the dialogue scenes here and there, but on the whole Horizon is a real looker. Stunningly beautiful a lot of the time, to be honest.

Quite fun gameplay at times as well.

I'm in love with the gameplay.

Sony

Nintendo
Horizon looks great, but I have to note these GIF's oversell the graphics just a bit. In any case, it makes the graphics look like an 11, while it's a 10 :) So no biggie.

Resizing, filter, some post processing effects it looks like, and cropping it into a cinematic aspect ratiom

GLAMr

Does Horizon top the graphics charts for this gen?

I remember at one point walking through some underbrush in the moonlight and I saw the ferns dancing in the wind, and I was blown away.

Tonyx

Great looking game, and with a solid gameplay to boot.

Guerrilla Games really pulled off a masterpiece.

120v

few months ago when gameplay footage started trickling out i thought "yeah looks great but this must not really be open world, no way"... figured it'd just be a few 'open' areas connected by a bunch of corridors in order to work within hardware limitations

now i'm playing the game i can't believe they pulled it off. granted the game world isn't crazy huge or anything, shit is pure wizardry

Randomizer

Really want to play this but after getting Nioh, a Switch with Zelda, and Nier I'm low on funds. Persona 5 next month too... crazy year for games, literally can't keep up.

valkyre

I honestly havent seen a better looking game than this.

This takes into account everything, not just textures or graphics but the collective attention to detail in the entire presentation.

Be it animation, effects, textures, geometry,physics, lighting the game has it all really.

Its the full package and as such it is the best looking game I have ever played and I have seen some shit...

How does he make gifs look so good? I've made gifs before and the colors end up looking poor because of the format's age. What software does Sunhi use?

MadMod

I am constantly impressed by this game. I'm nearing the end of it and still stop and awe at the quality of it.

Disxo

Never liked sony exclusives, but my ps4 is collecting dust...for a few years now.
Is this game fun to play and master?.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
As an all-round package, it's the most impressive console game. The combination of open world + great graphics + great combat and controls is insanely hard to pull off, but no one has done it better than Guerrilla Games so far. Kudos to them, can't wait for the sequel.

I think I agree with this. I am immensely impressed with this game.

Never liked sony exclusives, but my ps4 is collecting dust...for a few years now.
Is this game fun to play and master?.

O goodness yes, the gameplay and combat are sublime.

Septimus

Best looking game I've ever played. Literally jaw-dropping. I find myself just staring at random things or random swaying of grass and plants and such. It's so good.

Schlomo

I read about LOD issues introduced in the patches. Bullshit, or should I stay offline and play the game in v1.0 (I don't think that had any major bugs)?

Those gifs look better than whats on my 4K tv. :/

My settings must be off or something.

That's what I was thinking when I came in here. I see people talking about filters and post processing going on, though. Plus it helps that they're being significantly downsampled, while we're seeing it at full size.

ConsciousAcidicArgali.gif

CourageousHastyBergerpicard.gif

I'll post some more gifs soon

After 45 hours, the game has yet to cease amazing me with its gorgeous visuals complimented by a variety of beautiful musical tracks. It's consistently stunning.

notacat

No pop-in on the Pro.

Yes, there's pop in.

If you're walking really slowly and specifically look for it, it happens sometimes.

Really, this game is amazing. Fun as hell and looks so good you DO actually stop to slowly just look around all the time and admire how great it all looks.

One of the best games in existence. Not only do these gifs show the graphics, but that's all gameplay, no set pieces. I'm actually working on a top 10 Horizon moments video to show off some off how encounter some side missions and just helping some of the locals.

But I'm mainly on mobile and don't know how to post it :( . Great gifs man!

Resizing, filter, some post processing effects it looks like, and cropping it into a cinematic aspect ratiom

But you don't need any of that to show how stunning this game is. I can post vanilla gifs that look as good, graphically of course.

Those gifs look better than whats on my 4K tv. :/

My settings must be off or something.

Yeah you should recalibrate your TV, the game should essentially look as good as what you in this thread.

Yes, there's pop in.

If you're walking really slowly and specifically look for it, it happens sometimes.

Really, this game is amazing. Fun as hell and looks so good you DO actually stop to slowly just look around all the time and admire how great it all looks.

Yep. But very minimal.

Aloy has ended up being one of my favorite playable characters.

So glad I took a chance and bought the CE since I rarely buy CE's any more. The statue is probably the best I have seen.

Top Bottom