• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In case you haven't seen all the Horizon: Zero Dawn GIFs floating around...

BouncyFrag

Base PS4 version on my 4K looks amazing. I was worried I'd be pining for a pro but I'm not. I'm hopping we get the same quality with God of War.

Ploid 3.0

Truly the best looking game i have played. My turd computer can't play games looking that good.

I have new computer guts and nothing I've crossed looks this good. First party console games seem to get extra love with their graphics animation, and total package. Fallout 4 Modded to the gill, at 60FPS is the closest thing for me personally, but that game animate like a frozen tuna.

theHunter: Call of the Wild. Though its like comparing apples to oranges, pretty different games doing very different things.

I remember being surprised when I saw a commercial (youtube I think) for this game, when it showed that it was a hunting game at the end. If they don't have a demo I won't get to test that. A hunting game? Come on PC devs, beat a hunting game!

Skyrim Next, Believe (tm).

Skyrim Next will be prone to stiff animation. Please consult a doctor before use.

But you don't need any of that to show how stunning this game is. I can post vanilla gifs that look as good, graphically of course.

Yeah you should recalibrate your TV, the game should essentially look as good as what you in this thread.

It still looks amazing on my TV. But the gifs in the OP looks like bullshots/CGI, even though they aren't. I have a Samsung KU6300 and it looks nothing like what is in the gifs.

The gifs you posted however look pretty damn close to what I see on my tv.

Cess007

Po3mcPf.gif

That looks out of a CGI Pixar Film or something like that

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
What I can't believe is Sunhi's gifs being made from a PS4 Amatuer. I had thought it was a Pro being used this entire time lol.

I actually chuckled when I first played it because of how good it looked.

I love the running animation, it's so smooth and feels great.

Aloy running animation, NGSV crouch jogging and Uncharted 4 leaping off a cliff animation. My guilty pleasures.

vin-buc

I know some are opposed to the filters (are those gifs using CA?) but I wish there was an option to turn them on in the game (is there?). It makes it look so good. That grass in the first gif is amazing.

Fedele

Graphics are absolutely insane. It's the kind of game that you show to non-gamers just to enjoy their reactions.

I'm just sad that I didn't pick it up 'cause I know I won't have time for this AND Mass Effect. Will pick it up later for sure.

Damn you adult life!

yeah, Horizon is definitely the best looking game i've ever seen or played, such a delight. Playing it on a PS4pro on my 65" 4K HDR tv...my god

and these gifs are amazing, keep em coming Sunhi!

I have a nice computer and I've played nothing better looking than Horizon.

I have a great PC, and I have yet to see any game beat Horizon in visuals.

gotta say... i agree.

can't wait to see what Guerrilla has in store for the future.

GeoramA

It really is a marvel. I knew Guerrilla was good, but they raised the bar.

It's no wonder that Kojima picked this engine for Death Stranding.

the ants on the tree! holy shit O_O

It really is a marvel. I knew Guerrilla was good, but they raised the bar.

It's no wonder that Kojima picked this engine for Death Stranding.

yeah, Kojima definitely made the right choice.

I can't believe this game is open world lol

Replicant

K26ADLU.gif

This is the best one. The composition, the way the camera cranes, and then jerks when the Glinthawks fly by. It could easily pass for a CGI cutscene.

Holy shit, I haven't been to this area yet. Why are there so many of them? Seems like a nightmare area to deal with.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait until it becomes a bit more affordable, it just looks absolutely incredible.

Ploid 3.0

Wow. All of them do look great, but this one could be straight out of a movie. The way the camera pans. It's just beautiful.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony recreated this for a new trailer. They should just get the Legend to make a trailer. Heck just start a marketing firm with those skills.

Fisty

Those are vanilla gifs? Sweet Lord, that shit looks crazy good

Really good shot composition as well to the gif maker, GG give this man a job as Lead Gif Engineer. Dude knows how to frame a shot

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wow. All of them do look great, but this one could be straight out of a movie. The way the camera pans. It's just beautiful.

thats just Sunhi panning the camera while running btw, its not a cutscene

so, I was certainly going to be Horizon at some point whenever I had more time to do any gaming at all. but I wasn't particularly hyped. just, very interested with realistic expectations.

but then I saw that screenshot thread: daaamn ... and then I saw that very first GIF in the OP yesterday in the MEA thread: daaaaaaam

and then these two in particular from this thread:
damn... can't wait to try it... and excited to see what other games do with the engine, too.

Sunhi makes every game look gorgeous, though. His FFXV gifs are just as good.

Horizon does look better than FFXV, though.

He so needs a Pro.

Sunhi makes every game look gorgeous, though. His FFXV gifs are just as good.
Yeah, zero HUD* and the right aspect ratio does wonders. (*though the game already is quite HUD light)

Same thing happens in Witcher 3, GTA V, heck even Dragon Age INQ... record some HUD-less footage and crop the aspect ratio, and any of those look extra sexy.

The real art of these GIFs is the camera panning or character (movement) control. Very well directed.

scoobs

These gifs are astounding. The most amazing part of all of it is the game is actually just as fun to play as it is to look at. Not many games pull off both so well.

Top Bottom