• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In defense of Halo Infinite's visuals

magaman

Banned
A 30fps game
RIIdcmV.jpg

I will agree with a game like death stranding

But Shadowfall, cmon xD.

God, I just knew it. I said to myself, "This guy's gonna hang on the 4K60 argument. Just watch." And sure enough. You have literally no other card to play except a higher resolution and more frames per second. Sorry fanboy, a shitty looking game still looks like a shitty looking game at a higher resolution and 60fps.

Not only that, you're still wrong. Shadowfall looks better than Halo: Infinite.

ZehDon

Gold Member
I have no doubt the new Xbox will have some visual showcases. It's 12TF or whatever, after all. But that Halo demo. Damn. It looked worse than PS4 games that came out in 2013 and 2014. Visuals and gameplay. I understand wanting to have games that bridge generations, but if you go that route, you need to go high and low.
Remedy's Crossfire X, which is also a cross gen FPS, looked pretty incredible from a visual standpoint. They sure know how to utilise particle effects like no other.

God, I just knew it. I said to myself, "This guy's gonna hang on the 4K60 argument. Just watch." And sure enough. You have literally no other card to play except a higher resolution and more frames per second. Sorry fanboy, a shitty looking game still looks like a shitty looking game at a higher resolution and 60fps.

Looks like Shadowfall kept ponchos in their game too, checkmate Chief.

Hayriko

Looking from a visual standpoint that is.

But a lot looks dated in comparison with infinite.

There are many games from this gen that do look better than infinite in a lot of ways. Even some open world games.

It's alright if you find Shadowfall looking better.

Edit: If GG announced a new killzone game for the ps5. It will definitely look miles better than hi

Last edited:

Redlancet

Banned
I'm not blind
so you are on denial..ok good to know homie

that was a "next gen" moment,the one on halo was a wet fart...this generation is gonna crush your souls,but enjoy it,dont know is you gonna get another xbox after this one

Last edited:

Flintty

I've mentioned this before, not sure if covered in this thread. I do like what they've done with the Chief. Art direction is subjective of course, but the character model for MC is superb. Just a shame you don't really get to see it.

LIYas1x.jpg

Real time reflection of the red light in his visor here too, which is a nice touch. Shame the rest of the lighting isn't up to scratch. The blur on the right of the screen is the depth of field effect.

Top Bottom