• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In-Game XMB! (No, it's still not here)

gcubed

RiotPelaaja said:
Just heard what's in this update and goddamn, this one is GOOD. Besides the the in-game XMB that we knew about in the beginning of the year, there's some nice new features... I'm pretty sure the PlayStation Blog is gonna pimp out these features soon as the update is out this month.

beware of the banhammer. If previous examples continue, its coming for you

btkadams

k lets all agree that nobody post in this thread unless they have new information ( that they will actually tell) or if an announcement by sony is made. im tired of religiously checking this thread cuz it keep floating to the top when all it is is people going "is ____ in 2.4?"

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
btkadams said:
k lets all agree that nobody post in this thread unless they have new information ( that they will actually tell) or if an announcement by sony is made. im tired of religiously checking this thread cuz it keep floating to the top when all it is is people going "is ____ in 2.4?"
Stop worrying about it. If they release the FW or if an official PR is released some one will make a new thread.

Argyle

g35twinturbo said:
Well from what I tried the general friends list does not work with debug/retail PSN. I tired to use my current retail account many times. Unless something changed, I haven't tried it on the 2.4 firmware yet.

It totally works - there are some settings you need to change to get it to sign into the retail servers instead of the dev servers. An account on retail != an account on dev and vice versa...

You do need to be on the same FW revision as retail to sign into the retail servers, though. It's unlikely you could sign on with 2.4 but I haven't tried it myself yet.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Guys I have a quick question about the PS3's current XMB. Is there a way to set it up so that when I sign in, my friends are NOT notified that I am now online/offline if I don't want them to?

Shearie

Guys I have a quick question about the PS3's current XMB. Is there a way to set it up so that when I sign in, my friends are NOT notified that I am now online/offline if I don't want them to?

Not to my knowledge

Killthee said:
Stop worrying about it. If they release the FW or if an official PR is released some one will make a new thread.

So each time I see this thread on the top but no other thread created by a sad panda, I should became a sad panda?

/sadpanda

Gattsu25

Banned
Diablohead said:
Like going into "offline" mode on the 360, so you don't show a "xxx has signed in" message to everyone on your friends list.
isamu is the person that posed the question of an offline mode, I'm sure he knew what he meant.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Gattsu25 said:
I think he means that he doesn't know of any way to do that.

Are you kidding me? That is so fucking retarded. That should be MANDATORY on the next fw release! I got mofos bugging me to play other games while I'm in the middle of a race in RR7, so I can't do shit about it and appear to be rude by not joining their game? Unbelievable.

PuMa

isamu said:
Are you kidding me? That is so fucking retarded. That should be MANDATORY on the next fw release! I got mofos bugging me to play other games while I'm in the middle of a race in RR7, so I can't do shit about it and appear to be rude by not joining their game? Unbelievable.

So just change your settings so you don't automatically sign in to the PSN??

And I was actually excited for a second to see this thread bumped... :\

neorej

ERMYGERD!
isamu said:

Put them in you ignore-list. Problem solved.

Goldrusher

isamu said:

Turn off in-game messages ?
Change your status to "not available" or whatever it says when you have a yellow instead of blue dot ?

Crisis

Banned
Dever said:
Great. Makes my future Ps3 purchase that much sweeter.

fuuuuck.gif is bannable?

Trust me when I say this: Yes it is. It would have been nice if a mod had said ANYTHING before I found out the hard way.

h3ro

hteng said:
ok, MGS4 is out so where's the fucking firmware 2.4

Sony hasn't said anything regarding any firmware. All the info/screens have been leaks. When its ready, we'll get it. I could care less right now... I'm metal gearing. :D

Kccitystar

isamu said:

You can already do that by changing your status to Not Available on your friends list, no?

isamu

Didn't know you could do that guys, my bad I'll check it out later.

RuGalz

Yama said:
I know, it's already been done to me twice. Sorry about that.

I'm just grasping for some sort of Jim confirmation or something. T.T

Words are that Sony will pimp the crap out of it so it's likely that we'll hear it coming a week before, kind of like the new Store...

Nooreo

Whats going on any new news?! i swear if this is some dumb Bump that has no update D : <!! . Just when i forgot about it

Steroyd

Yama said:
I know, it's already been done to me twice. Sorry about that.

I'm just grasping for some sort of Jim confirmation or something. T.T

If Jim has any confirmation he'd bump the thread himself. :mad:

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley

Tiduz

Eurogaime
eLGee said:
Is the Trophy-feature supposed to be in this one, or do we have to wait until HOME kicks in?

Trophy's are in. The bumps dont stress me tbh, because im sure when its finally getting a date well see a new thread :lol

as far as the trophy feature, what games will even of had them implemented ?

how many games released already have had them? I think I remember reading DMC4 did

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Ken Masters said:
as far as the trophy feature, what games will even of had them implemented ?

how many games released already have had them? I think I remember reading DMC4 did

uncharted has the treasures scattered all around the game and they're pretty sweet looking, like artifacts and stuff.

Gattsu25

Banned
Speevy said:
STOP BUMPING THIS THREAD
Irony?

If actual news shows up in this thread, I'm sure one of the mods will be kind enough to to update the thread title. Until the title is changed, people posting in the thread are merely carrying on a speculatory discussion.

consoul

Don't get too excited if you see a new firmware notification on your PS3 in the next few days. A minor update (2.36) is set for release shortly.

Top Bottom