• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In-Game XMB! (No, it's still not here)

Dante said:
Crap. I just copy and pasted from the Eden thread, lemme see if I can grab it.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=928042&postcount=27

awesome thanks.

Hope more devs try the new stuff out. but this is a start though.

But what's up with the background for this o_O

gw13.jpg

iceatcs

DMPrince said:
awesome thanks.

Hope more devs try the new stuff out. but this is a start though.

But what's up with the background for this o_O

Damn, it is hazy if only you're high.

Jim

Kind of a common sense update but 2.40 is obviously not going to be a stealth-type release. SCEA will apparently be pimping it out prior, complete with videos, on the blog.

No one would (or could) say for sure, but I'm also getting the impression from it may be in the latter half of June. If that 6/18 FW date is correct, then 16th/17th maybe is when they'll start promoting it?

EktorPR

They've started promoting all their prior firmware updates a week before, with a friday post on the blog featuring a video preview of the thing. Hopefully they'll mention something today. :D

Jim said:
Kind of a common sense update but 2.40 is obviously not going to be a stealth-type release. SCEA will apparently be pimping it out prior, complete with videos, on the blog.

No one would (or could) say for sure, but I'm also getting the impression from it may be in the latter half of June. If that 6/18 FW date is correct, then 16th/17th maybe is when they'll start promoting it?

makes sense because i doubt they would want to steal any of MGS4 thunder.

Riskbreaker23 said:

or if the update was underwhelming they can use MGS4 to cover up their crap. I don't mind it as long as I get it early :lol

Oni Jazar

Riskbreaker23 said:

How would XMB steal MGS4's thunder? If anything it would get more people to buy a PS3 for MSG4. They work in tandem.

Firewire

Banned
Jim said:

That would be a good move by Sony, eliminate the confusion about whats actually in the update and how everything will work.

tha_con

Banned
Firewire said:
That would be a good move by Sony, eliminate the confusion about whats actually in the update and how everything will work.

I hope Sony still has some stealth updates. It's like a treasure hunt every update :lol

Firewire

Banned
tha_con said:
I hope Sony still has some stealth updates. It's like a treasure hunt every update :lol

Yeah, sometimes when something kinda big gets added in that we have no clue about, it makes me feel like a kid at x-mass morning.

I like Sony doing this though, because I know sites like N4G will go into system wars, with articles saying this doesn't work or this supposed feature is gimped and stuff.

tha_con said:
lol I know. I felt so proud of myself when I discovered the text highlight had been changed to green.
I'd say there is a coin-flip's chance this FW comes ON MGS4. That seems like the best way to do it.

kenta

Has no PEINS
BobTheFork said:
I'd say there is a coin-flip's chance this FW comes ON MGS4. That seems like the best way to do it.
Except for the fact that MGS4 has already had its street date broken with no mention of 2.40 :p

tanod

when is my burrito
kenta said:
Except for the fact that MGS4 has already had its street date broken with no mention of 2.40 :p

Maybe that's Ryan's special surprise for release day. Ryan Payton said in an article on Kotaku (?) that there is something special coming to people who get the game next week that not even the people who get it early could have by now.

kenta

Has no PEINS
tanod said:
Maybe that's Ryan's special surprise for release day. Ryan Payton said in an article on Kotaku (?) that there is something special coming to people who get the game next week that not even the people who get it early could have by now.
I don't know what to tell you, I remember Kagari mentioning a while ago that the ship date for MGS4 was somewhere in the first week of June which lines up with the street breaks, so they obviously have legit retail copies. He might be implying the MGO servers won't be online until the 12th?

tanod

when is my burrito
kenta said:
I don't know what to tell you, I remember Kagari mentioning a while ago that the ship date for MGS4 was somewhere in the first week of June which lines up with the street breaks, so they obviously have legit retail copies. He might be implying the MGO servers won't be online until the 12th?

I don't know either. But Ryan did say there's some sort of surprise coming next week. I wonder what it could be.

Crisis

Banned
kenta said:
Speak, not tease

I have to agree with this. I'm getting kind of tired of the bullshit cockteasing going on around here.

*Edit* Not to imply that Kagari is the only person doing that.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Kittonwy said:
There will be blood!!!111!!!
angry.gif

I already spilled it, don't worry.

but in all honesty, its for the greater good. Wouldn't you rather have it working smooth then crashing/freezing on you :)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
But was it internally confirmed it has been postponed to July or is that an assumption? I mean, they might get lucky and iron out those issues this month no?

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
TTP said:
But was it internally confirmed it has been postponed to July or is that an assumption? I mean, they might get lucky and iron out those issues this month no?

Well put it like this, the version I touched needed to be fixed, its possible that it could come out by end of month but who's to say how fast the Sony ninjas are?

Ephemeris

g35twinturbo said:
Well put it like this, the version I touched needed to be fixed, its possible that it could come out by end of month but who's to say how fast the Sony ninjas are?

Why is it always you getting the glory. : (

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
g35twinturbo said:

Sounds like it's not just minor things then.

bistromathics said:
sony needs to fucking learn how to
manage expectations
already

If sony is good at somethig is at the spoilarz. See, tons of people talking here, lots of noise and hype... and they haven't even started to
manage expectations
!!

SumGamer

Kagari said:
Technical issues that need to be ironed out.

For me, that's a good news coz it means I dont have to update anything until I finished MGS4. But seriously, I wish Sony would just shut up and work on what they have until it's ready. I'm getting tired of their hype-generated shit.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Ephemeris said:
Why is it always you getting the glory. : (

because
I am the better one

TTP said:
Sounds like it's not just minor things then.

I only had one grip but there is still tweaks that needs to be done. IMO people will enjoy it. Believe in Jim :D

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Vaandaviii said:
If sony is good at somethig is at the spoilarz. See, tons of people talking here, lots of noise and hype... and they haven't even started to
manage expectations
!!

maybe i'm the wrong one, but i thought to manage expectations meant to keep people from being disappointed - the internet snowball gets rolling on ps3 related news and the end result doesn't live up to the hype.

sony doesn't have the weight to say 'we're awesome, trust us you'll love this shit' anymore.

i'm no hater, i just want to be a ps3 fanboy but have yet to see enough reason for it.

i am just a ps3 liker atm until they pick up several of the balls they have dropped.

Top Bottom