• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In honor of OnkelC: Post your food creations!

Q2NGxt9.jpg
I need to get to the promised land and have this in my life.

GeorgPrime

Banned
8G6RXiZ.jpg

I always came after my "Great Granny" (she was like 98 years old) and this is one of the things i love. She made them everytime i visited her.

Its called "Schnibbelzkuchen". Like a big fat pancake with some potato stripes in and salt on top of it. i can eat like 2-3 of them.

In the picture is a smaller one my mother made... normally they are the size of the pan.

You fry the potato stripes a few minutes before you put the pancake stuff over them. You fill it up until the pancake is as fat as the potato stripes

Last edited:

GymWolf

Lol you don't really wanna see how i cook...

The pics in the first post are fucking great.

Last edited:
We are accepting of all! Share if you want, it's all a journey.
Years ago, I almost burned my new apartment down while making my first pop of gumbo by myself. Hyperbolic statement, but shit definitely went left before righting the ship. We take our lumps, learn from them, and move forward. Such is life.

Years ago, I almost burned my new apartment down while making my first pop of gumbo by myself. Hyperbolic statement, but shit definitely went left before righting the ship. We take our lumps, learn from them, and move forward. Such is life.

That almost is crucial. I think the worst I've done is lop off like an eighth of an inch off my finger. Luckily it healed fine but man, what a painful feeling that was. Happened right after the urgent care near me closed so I figured I could take care of it with some liquid bandaid and gauze. Ended up pounding a 6 pack of Guinness just so I could pass out for the night. Woke up and looked at it again and it was still bleeding so I drove myself to the urgent care. Most annoying part was that I'm a leftie and that was the hand I injured and they insisted I fill out paperwork. Earned a new respect for mandolin slicers that day.

That almost is crucial. I think the worst I've done is lop off like an eighth of an inch off my finger. Luckily it healed fine but man, what a painful feeling that was. Happened right after the urgent care near me closed so I figured I could take care of it with some liquid bandaid and gauze. Ended up pounding a 6 pack of Guinness just so I could pass out for the night. Woke up and looked at it again and it was still bleeding so I drove myself to the urgent care. Most annoying part was that I'm a leftie and that was the hand I injured and they insisted I fill out paperwork. Earned a new respect for mandolin slicers that day.
Yikes. That's a culinary war wound for sure.

Mato

IMG-20200607-125009-2.jpg

I like plain foods. Steamed potatoes, boiled lentil and some fresh vegetables. I promise this was more satisfying than it looks. Please disregard the 1-euro, IKEA plastic tray.

Thought I'd treat myself for the PS5 reveal. Bought some filet mignon and radicchio. Dry brined the filets for about an hour at room temperature. Cooked 'em at 250 for about 25 minutes in the oven before searing them with a compound butter I made. Radicchio was roasted in the oven with salt and pepper, then drizzled with some balsamic vinegar. Had no parmesan, so I had to use 3 cheese mexican blend lol.
Turned out damn well. I'm a convert to dry brining over wet.
IMG-20200611-155139.jpg

nUALdzp.jpg

One of the better things I've ever made. Crispy skinned Salmon on top of a sweet pea puree and shaved parmesan. Honestly blew me away. I've been messing around with purees and I finally found a great balance of ingredients to create a sweet-salty savory flavor profile. Parmesan just takes it to the next level.

I would like to improve on the consistency of the puree but I'm sure if I passed it through a fine-mesh sifter, it would give me the look I wanted. Also just messing with plating, too. It would have been even better if I separated the crispy skin and presented it at an angle for more of a visual appeal. All minor points as it tasted amazing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom