• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In Retrospective, In a Vacuum, what's your opinion on Final Fantasy XIII?

In Retrospective, what's your opinion on Final Fantasy XIII?

• Total voters

Thiagosc777

The Adamantortoise (14 million HP).

You essentially need an Elixir to survive it's strongest attack once in order to take it down.

You also need to exploit the Commando Death Spell Trick to do 999,999 Damage at Max Level.

Without the elixir it isn't possible to beat it as the attack is followed by another without a means to heal and you have no time to use your Healing Spells which is why the Elixir is needed in the game.

There is a guide online I followed which recommends this method to beat the hardest enemy in the entire game.

The other 3 are beatable without the Elixir as they have less HP and less resisitances.

The only other enemy that is very difficult and is based on Luck mostly is Gigancatctuar as you need a random instant stagger to beat it within 30 seconds as 10,000 Needles can two hit KO you.

I got 100% on this game and even killed the Long Gui that appears after. I did it without any Elixir.

I'd recommend doing it after finishing the game. For the Long Gui I used a summon (everytime you summon, the monster falls down).

I got 100% on this game and even killed the Long Gui that appears after. I did it without any Elixir.

I'd recommend doing it after finishing the game. For the Long Gui I used a summon (everytime you summon, the monster falls down).

I mean to be fair you can't get to back to pulse toward right at the end of the game anyway. The game artificially caps your progression when you first get there, I've seen many posts and videos of people thinking they can grand on pulse once they get to the open area, but forget that they can't get stronger until the game allows the crystariaum to be expanded, and of course that also means certain skills and weapons can't be picked up till after either. Not to mention the exp amount is small at that time, and most of the outer enemies can kill you in a few hits.

I understand the rant on its linearity and lack of charisma of some of their cast else I found them good games, specially the first one.

-quality graphics

- Excellent music

- GREAT combat style once you reach the hardest parts (post game in FFXIII, for example)

The story is pretty much nonsensical, though. Back on the linear thing, I don't have issues with that as long as it's challenging enough, which unfortunately was not the case.

Top Bottom