• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In The Future, Hideo Kojima Says His Studio Will Make Films.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Always thought he would be more suited to TV. Give him a big budget and let him go wild.

Two hours? Good luck with that.

mcjmetroid

Well he is a visionary for sure but he'll need someone to help him direct a movie otherwise it'll be 6 hours long with the dialogue repeating itself 5 times over.

EekTheKat

A Kojima made movie would probably end up more entertaining to watch than the various dumpster fire Hollywood blockbusters that somehow makes it to theaters these days.

I've been around long enough to see many of my favorite movie franchises self immolate in the theaters. I think I'm ready to see what Kojima has in mind for a movie.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
I'll watch Kojima's movies...…...If his games are so good (GOTY material several times over), his movies should be just as good, or decent at worst......

Actually explains a lot behind the making and even more so promotion of Death Stranding.

Alas, this is why Kojima started to lose me as a videogame author.

Yet, maybe he has what it takes to make an interesting film or two.

Better a good movie than a poor game.

He never hid he wanted to be a movie director and not a game developer so Im glad that he now can pursue, and fullfil, that dream.

In some ways, while nothing implies he will stop making videogames, with the direction DS took and this announcement, I feel we are reaching an end of an era.

Nows the time kojima - its a content bubble. Everyones throwing money at big names to make exclusive shit. Go make something for nflx or amzn

Kagey K

Banned
I’d love to see Sony pictures give him a budget and a timeline to make a 90 or 120 minute feature film.

The behind the scenes might be more interesting then the actual movie.

Cleared_Hot

“In the future, Kojima Productions will also start making films,” Kojima said. “If a person can do one thing well, then they should be able to do anything well.”

Well that's just one of a list of things stated my kojima that is straight up stupid and false.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
“In the future, Kojima Productions will also start making films,” Kojima said. “If a person can do one thing well, then they should be able to do anything well.”

Well that's just one of a list of things stated my kojima that is straight up stupid and false.
Let the man dream. All skills are transferable to all aspects of life now, don’t you know?

if you can count to 5 you can build and earthquake/tornado proof skyscraper.

Last edited:

Cleared_Hot

The only way he can do it is if he gets a series. He needs at least ten hours. And it'll be pretentious as fuck with philosophical shit being spoon fed to and bashed over the head of the viewer throughout.

Timex

Banned
If Kojima made a movie theres gotta be a shot of a thicc woman walking or playing in the rain.

Kagey K

Banned
The only way he can do it is if he gets a series. He needs at least ten hours. And it'll be pretentious as fuck with philosophical shit being spoon fed to and bashed over the head of the viewer throughout.
They might be better off starting him on 30 second UPS ads before they give him a movie.

He will shoot 2 hours of nonsense delivery stuff they need to edit into 30 seconds.

Kagey K

Banned
If Kojima made a movie theres gotta be a shot of a thicc woman walking or playing in the rain.
She will only be naked because she breathes through her skin, but he won’t let the audience know that.

in reality I think Kojima thinks that real life is a tool video.
When I watch a tool video I go ok that’s fucked, Kojima is like “Where’s the twist?”

Last edited:

Komatsu

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?

Nq6ZFp2.jpg

He doesn’t have it in him to write a coherent story and if he had to use someone else’s IP he would write shit into it that didn’t exist.

Its not my money, so Sony can do with it what they want, in the end it can’t be any worse then Venom.
That's your opinion regarding Kojima's storytelling skills. I'll respectfully disagree but I'll agree that he shouldn't touch any established IP that's not his.

GV82

Live action Snatcher Movie please, except he won’t be able to get the rights. 😐

So maybe a movie in the style of Snatcher?

CuNi

Good, let movie critics deal with this guy so gamers won't tear each other to shreds because of a normaly skilled human in a specific genre that other normal humans refer to as their God and this insult the real deities, namel the PS5 and Scarlet architects.. Amen the PCIe.

A.Romero

All according to keikaku.

I'd be down for a Kojima movie. Maybe Sony should give him Venom 2. They can't fuck it worse.

Top Bottom