• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inafune is Ready: Mighty No. 9 won't be delayed anymore, planning to make a sequel

miku

41N3Ioz.jpg

Inafune talks about Indie game and some Mighty No. 9 during the lecture at the Unreal Fest 2015 Yokohama Event.

I only glanced through it, more info from Gamespark, here are some rough translation I made for GAF:

-"Mighty No. 9 absolutely will not be delayed."
-"One of the reason of the delay is because of the numbers of platform."
-"How to make the impossible possible like Mega Man."
-"Cannot say it's a complete success yet since it still haven't been released."
-"The game needs to sell a lot of copies and many users playing it."
-"Sequel is planned if it were successful."

A-V-B

In before that one picture of the tweet.

(Please don't post it this time. Let's kick fate to the curb!)

TimmiT

A sequel seems like a bad idea seeing how Red Ash has shown pretty well that people aren't really that interested in another not-Mega Man game by Inafune.

Inafune just stop. This man has no patience. Inafune went from a underdog to plain arrogant. Release the game then you will know if it's time to start dreaming or not.

BiggNife

After playing the Preview version I almost wish it was delayed more. It wasn't terrible but it feels sloppy in a way that I'm not convinced they could fix in 4 months.

Wow, seems like Inafune really threw all his reputation down the toilet with this Kickstarter debacle. I hope this won't happen with other "spiritual successor" kickstarters like Bloodstained and Yooka-Laylee.

Geez guys, what has the guy done to warrant this type of reaction? He didn't say anything bad!

And the MN9 demo was relatively fun.

Geez guys, what has the guy done to warrant this type of reaction? He didn't say anything bad!

He talks and talks and plans to make big franchises and movies and tv shows and needs more and more money andvoice acting and does another KS for a game and an anime before the first one is out and and

and there's still no game. And what people played of the game is so-so

All people wanted was another cool Mega Man. Not any of this other crap

Very generic response tbh. You can use those for any game. Like,

-"Tony Hawk Underground 3 absolutely will not be delayed."
-"How to make the impossible possible like Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5."

And the MN9 demo was relatively fun.

It's the combination of looking way into future while there's still a lot of work in the present and really bad timing.

Very generic response tbh. You can use those for any game. Like,

-"Tony Hawk Underground 3 absolutely will not be delayed."
-"How to make the impossible possible like Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5."

-"The Legend of Zelda for Wii U absolutely will not be delayed."
-"How to make the impossible possible like Twilight Princess HD."

Huh... that's fun!

He talks and talks and plans to make big franchises and movies and tv shows and needs more and more money and and does another KS for a game and an anime before the first one is out and and

and there's still no game. And what people played of the game is so-so

The game is just about ready though. It's not like he took everyone's money and ran with it.

I will never understand the backlash against this game, specially because I keep reading people saying "it's a scam because it doesn't look like this piece of art they never said it was representative of the graphics of the game".

nynt9

obligatory (since the tweet was already posted)

THE_RIDE_NEVER_ENDS.jpg

I will never understand the backlash against this game, specially because I keep reading people saying "it's a scam because it doesn't look like this piece of art they never said it was representative of the graphics of the game".

I will never understand why people act willfully ignorant about all the shit Inafune has pulled and straw man the criticism into one facet of it.

TimmiT

I think calling the game a scam is going too far, but it's definitely a disappointment. And not just because it doesn't look like the concept art.

Anth0ny

god damn don't make a sequel

GOD DAMN don't announce a sequel before the first game even comes out

inafune god damn it

Top Bottom