• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inazuma Eleven 2 hitting Europe in March

Source: Siliconera

Nintendo of Europe have locked down a release date for Inazuma Eleven 2. Starting with the second game, Level 5 began releasing Inazuma Eleven titles in Pokémon-like pairs. Europe will get both Inazuma Eleven 2: Firestorm and Inazuma Eleven 2: Blizzard.

Inazuma Eleven 2 kicks off a week after the Raimon Eleven’s victory in the Football Frontier tournament. They’re beginning a new training session when their school is attacked by alien invaders from Alius Academy. In order to defend the planet, Mark Evans (Mamoru Endou in the Japanese version) needs to travel across Japan, recruiting the best players from all over the country.

Inazuma Eleven 2: Firestorm and Blizzard have a local wireless multiplayer mode for up to 4 players. The games are scheduled for release in Europe on March 16th.

Nice to see both versions.

Murkas

Is UK counting as Europe this time?!

I just finished the first one yesterday, awesome game and will definitely pick this one up. (Superior Blizzard)

Hanmik

First I was all like:

mourinho-ogalj4.gif

then I read this:

Inazuma Eleven 2 kicks off a week after the Raimon Eleven’s victory in the Football Frontier tournament. They’re beginning a new training session when their school is attacked by alien invaders from Alius Academy. In order to defend the planet, Mark Evans (Mamoru Endou in the Japanese version) needs to travel across Japan, recruiting the best players from all over the country.

and then I realized this is not a football game...

qk2o52qlk0.gif

LProtag

I will figure out a way to get my hands on this like I did with the first one. So much fun, and I hear this one allows for a lot more customization of your team. Especially considering that in the first one basically all the characters you could recruit were pretty terrible minus a small handful.

Wonder if the third will come out, or the 3DS one. Though, with region locking I'd never be able to get my hands on it without spending way too much money.

I will figure out a way to get my hands on this like I did with the first one. So much fun, and I hear this one allows for a lot more customization of your team. Especially considering that in the first one basically all the characters you could recruit were pretty terrible minus a small handful.

Wonder if the third will come out, or the 3DS one. Though, with region locking I'd never be able to get my hands on it without spending way too much money.

I'd be surprised if the 3rd one comes out, the ds will truely be dead as a dodo by the time it'd be due, I could easily see the 3ds one at xmas though

Mobius1

Awesome. So many localization announcements today. Is Nintendo finally getting the message that people want more games, or are they just trying to pad their release lineup till E3?

For those who have played the Japanese version - which version is best to get; Firestorm or Blizzard? I'm guessing it's similar to Pokemon in that it doesn't really matter but just want to be sure.

LProtag

For those who have played the Japanese version - which version is best to get; Firestorm or Blizzard? I'm guessing it's similar to Pokemon in that it doesn't really matter but just want to be sure.

It seems that Blizzard is the more popular version online, but I have no idea at all. I know there's one or two GAFers out there that know a lot more about the game.

squall23

List of differences between Firestorm and Blizzard:
Different players to recruit
Different boss teams
(Diamond Dust for Blizzard, Prominence for Firestorm)
Different story points for important characters (Firestorm has more with Gouenji, Blizzard has more with Fubuki)

I will buy Blizzard because Fubuki > Gouenji (that whiny prick).

squall23

Well, there are some plot points in game 1 that will begin and span the entire trilogy, but if you don't care about the story (I mean, this 2nd game is about FOOTBALL AGAINST ALIENS, this is not a spoiler), then by all means skip straight to the 2nd game.

squall23

Improvement such as? What did you not like about the first one?

I guess the biggest improvements that I can think off the top of my head is the fact that techs can be upgraded now and that a lot more recruitable players are actually useful, unlike the first one which has only a handful of useful recruitable players.

Top Bottom