• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inazuma Eleven 3DS coming to the US (Q1 2014)

Tusk

Level-5 Direct

Inazuma Eleven
Youkai Watch
Fantasy Life
Time Traveler

ioph6distgMcW.gif

That'd be great. :p Been interested in Youkai Watch since it was announced.

Boogiepop

Well... that's unexpected. This listing also taught me that apparently we're getting a One Piece RPG that I didn't know existed, so that's cool too I guess.

Kouriozan

Too much value. It's just going to be the first game ripped from that collection to be standalone, like they did with 3 in Europe so it could be released on the 3DS. If it sells, they'll likely continue with both versions of 2.
Yep, it's what I would expect.

Rootbeer

Banned
Too much value. It's just going to be the first game ripped from that collection to be standalone, like they did with 3 in Europe so it could be released on the 3DS. If it sells, they'll likely continue with both versions of 2.

Makes me sad :( If they go that way, at least price them low. 29.99?

I wouldn't buy it, it's too late for them to just give us the first Inazuma Game.

OMG, you'll finally be able to play one of my favorite IP.
And :lol getting the game 3 years after, it's like EU and US switched situation x)
Well..
Soccer in the eu is... Well easily everything to most young kid..
A LOT of teenager a are into soccer, and a LOT of adult as well..
Us superbowl is.. Well nothing.. In Italy and in pretty much every western europe national, soccer is a creed.. Every soccer event is more important than political eletti on in Italy (so no wonder we had Berlusconi in our political environment)

evanmisha

After all these years of asking for Inazuma Eleven in every Club Nintendo survey I've filled out, it's finally here...

This is the best thread ever. This is the best news ever.

daegan

YES
day MADE
2014 > 2013 confirmed
Luigi failed us thank you level 5
Could this REALLY be Q1 and retail this quietly?

squall23

does level 5 have a localization team or is Nintendo bringing this over?
It was already translated for Europe more than 2.5 years ago. This will probably be the exact same version. Nintendo most likely will be the publisher for the NA version just like they were for Europe.

Elvick

Banned
I hope it's that bundle of the DS games. Good place to start.

And I hope it's retail...

does level 5 have a localization team or is Nintendo bringing this over?
Supposedly... or their team focuses on digital stuff like those Guild 01/02 games and find deals with 3rd parties for the rest (like Namco Bandai with Ni no Kuni).

Not sure exactly what Level-5 International does. Doesn't seem like much based on how many games of Level-5 are stuck in Japan for the rest of time

vareon

Since this is aimed for kids, I don't think they'd translate Mark Evans back to Endo Mamoru though.

Not to be a weaboo, but Japanese guys getting Western names get a bit weird in the third game. They don't seem to care in the European version anyways.

didn't time travelers bomb in japan like really bad

doubt thats happening

999 and VLR aren't huge in Japan but have a decent niche here. Wouldn't be surprised to see an eShop release at some point, but that might depend how happy Level 5 have been with the sales of the Guild games.

I only got the first one but had a great time with it. My cousin seems to love all about it, and has all the games.
I would love more sports RPGs, its and idea that I always have liked for games.

Since this is aimed for kids, I don't think they'd translate Mark Evans back to Endo Mamoru though.

Not to be a weaboo, but Japanese guys getting Western names get a bit weird in the third game. They don't seem to care in the European version anyways.

I think Europe got the names translated (something not very common in animes or games in ourdays) as a tribute to the translation of Captain Tsubasa in european countries (Oliver y Benji, Holly e Benji, etc..). No one hated that here in the 90's, and kids dont seem to hate it with Inazuma now. People hate translators doing that now, but there two or three animes from the era that could get away with it, even now, becuase fans have those tranlations as something they still love, like this one or Dash Kappei. I know it gets weird, captain tsubasa has the same problem when they start saying their are from japan, but is something that mades the thing even more funny. I love that Dash Kappei in Spain even translates where they live mentioning spanish cities, traditional food, etc even when you see them eating rice with sticks and other japanese things lol
My small cousin is a big fan of the games and the anime (even watching unrealeased episodes here in japanese with subs), I played this christmas the last game (seems to be a DS port), and he really likes the european names and knows them all by heart.

lol I remember this ride when i was small in the fair they did here. My aunt got pretty heavy bruises after riding it. I think is banned in Spain now.

Nachos

I think Europe got the names translated (something not very common in animes or games in ourdays) as a tribute to the translation of Captain Tsubasa in european countries (Oliver y Benji, Holly e Benji, etc..). No one hated that here in the 90's, and kids dont seem to hate it with Inazuma now. People hate translators doing that now, but there two or three animes from the era that could get away with it, even now, becuase fans have those tranlations as something they still love, like this one or Dash Kappei. I know it gets weird, captain tsubasa has the same problem when they start saying their are from japan, but is something that mades the thing even more funny. I love that Dash Kappei in Spain even translates where they live mentioning spanish cities, traditional food, etc even when you see them eating rice with sticks and other japanese things lol
My small cousin is a big fan of the games and the anime (even watching unrealeased episodes here in japanese with subs), I played this christmas the last game (seems to be a DS port), and he really likes the european names and knows them all by heart.

Yeah, it really depends on what the intent is. I doubt anyone really hates the Phoenix Wright games for renaming all the characters, but at the same time, that's to communicate the pun names that would be lost in translation otherwise.

creid

Anyone know if they fixed the stupid early-game difficulty spike in the first game in the 3DS port?

Yeah, it really depends on what the intent is. I doubt anyone really hates the Phoenix Wright games for renaming all the characters, but at the same time, that's to communicate the pun names that would be lost in translation otherwise.

Oh yeah, lol for not remembering Phoenix Wright doing the same thing. I really like what they did for PW, because as you said, the majority of names are puns that would have been lost if the names where not translated, and it seems the majority of people also liked that translation.
Now that I think, Ive never seen anyone criticising it, and using the japanese names when talking about the games because thats the "real" thing for them.

Top Bottom