• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inazuma Eleven rights snatched in Europe, DS games coming in 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
13243.jpg

This deserves a new thread, so here it goes. jesusraz got it from an interview with Akihiro Hino.

EDIT: The interview is up now:
http://www.cubed3.com/news/13268/
AR: Inazuma Eleven is a fantastic mix of clever touch-screen football and an engrossing RPG experience that would definitely appeal to the European market. Will the first DS game ever be released here? Or are you waiting for the anime show to come on European TV first?

Hino-san: The anime show for 'Inazuma Eleven' is already signed up and under way, ready to go on air across Europe and we are now planning the on-air timetable, considering the FIFA World Cup 2010 period for launch. As for the first DS video game, we will make the announcement when we are ready to.
Previous confirmation:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18381262&postcount=241
jesusraz said:
Guess what folks? Level-5's already got the Inazuma Eleven anime show ready to air across Europe, with the aim of launching it around the FIFA 2010 World Cup period and the announcement of the game's release 'when the time is right' :D
jesusraz said:
Hino-san also wants to bring ALL the Atamania games over, including the Sloane & MacHale titles and budget puzzle collections ^_^ Good news all round!
Dragona-Cryptic-Confirmations approved:
Dragona Akehi said:
Believe me, he's right.

Arait Multimedia, a spanish company, has announced they got the rights to the franchise in Europe with plans to launch the license program in 2010 Q2, specifically mentioning the existing DS games in their website:
(in spanish) http://www.araitmultimedia.es/index2.html

Other websites picking up the information:
(in spanish) http://www.formulatv.com/1,20091108,13243,1.html
(in english) http://www.worldscreen.com/articles/display/23228
(in spanish) http://www.mundogamers.com/ds/notic...-derechos-panaeuropeos-de-inazuma-eleven.html

Note that this company isn't a videogames publisher, but they will handle the license rights to the franchise. So the only question is who and when, no more 'is it coming'. Hooray!

EDIT: Added interview link and its inazuma bit.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Regulus Tera said:
Please don't be DSi exclusive so I can import these babies.

Huh ? Why would they be DSi exklusive when they the japanese version are standard ds games ?

So next year i`ll get DQ9, Inazuma 11 and Golden Sun 3 :D

batbeg

YES YES YES FUCKING FINALLY SOMEONE PROVES THEMSELVES AS NOT ENTIRELY INCOMPETENT!

Jesus fucking Christ.

This'll be the first game I'll be importing from Europe to the states instead of the other way around, then :lol

GWX

Awesome news.

I hope Level 5 is still working on Inazuma Eleven Break. I'd love to see a console version of Inazuma Eleven.

CiSTM

Banned
FUUUUCK !!!

Well actually I did know this will happen eventually, I had no doubts about it in my mind.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
well unless word that some US studio picks this up as well, it seems this will be the first game i import from euroland

Llyranor

I remember the concept being pretty fresh/innovative, but did the actual games end up being good/great design-wise?

CiSTM

Banned
Llyranor said:
I remember the concept being pretty fresh/innovative, but did the actual games end up being good/great design-wise?

Famitsu has been pretty generous towards the series. Also I think JP-GAF gave the game thumbs up.

edit: Judgin by youtube vids this game looks like lot of fun :)

shuyin_

Banned
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Soccer RPG in English. Finally. I love soccer. I love RPGs. Thank you Level 5.
Fuck you Level 5 - for not bringing it earlier

jesusraz

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Cheers for making the thread and adding those links to back it up :) Not sure when I'll get the interview up since I'm *meant* to be putting a bunch of others up first. But hey, since this snippet's out there now, I suppose there's no harm in bumping it up the queue a bit...He also said he liked the idea of potentially seeing Layton or Luke in Mario Kart or Smash Bros. It's bound to happen at some point, surely, given the popularity of the series now.

Anyway, tying Inazuma Eleven in with the World Cup next year is a master stroke.

EDIT: Here's a very early hands-on I did with the first game, for anyone interested.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
About fucking time. It only took.. what.. several years?

I've got the JP version sitting in a box packed away but I never finished it.

Manaka

Inazuma the new captain tsubasa (strategy of using a football tournament)? Awesome!
Really looking forward to the ds game

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
jesusraz said:
Nobody said it wasn't... :)
If it was, I wonder how NoA would advertise it. In Europe, its no problem. "Its an RPG with... FOOOOOOOTTTTBAAAAALLLLLLL!!!!" Europeans: "YAYS!"

NoA: "Uhhh... Its an RPG, with real time Soccer Battles!"; NA: "What?"

Fucking Finally.
It makes so much sense that they would localize it in Europe as it has a larger soccer base than Japan. I just hope they decide to lump Australia in with Europe on this occasion as well so I don't have to wait.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!

Thank god is Arait Multimedia and not Luk internacional doing the translation and dub of the spanish anime. Thank holy god!

I hope they do a good job as the first and second seasons of Digimon (excellent translation, even changing the signs of stores, etc... to spanish) and the first dub of Detective Conan (very good voices).

Wanted to play this game, finally we can!

ReyBrujo

Excellent. Loved the original even in Japanese. If there are no news for an American release, I will have to pick it from Play-Asia. Hopefully it will sell well enough to warrant the sequel too.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Amazing news, I can finally stop playing Tecmo soccer for a soccer-rpg fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom