• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Incoming PSN flash sale for this weekend (04/17 to 04/20)

Shizuka

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...l-2015-live-north-america-see-deals/#/slide/1

Updated list

• Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I Don’t Know (PS3) – $8.00
  • Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel (PS3) – $6.00
  • Awesomenauts: Assemble! (PS4) – $2.50
  • Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate (PS Vita) – $5.00
  • Bayonetta (PS3) – $8.00
  • Beyond Good & Evil HD (PS3) – $2.00
  • Blood of the Werewolf (PS3) – $1.75
  • BloodRayne: Betrayal (PS3) – $2.00
  • Cars 2: The Game (PS3) – $5.00
  • Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse (PS3) – $6.00
  • Castlevania: Harmony of Despair (PS3) – $6.00
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate HD (PS3) – $6.00
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3) – $16.00
  • Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (PS3) – $7.50
  • Closure (PS3) – $3.00
  • Contra: Shattered Soldier (PS2 Classic) – $4.00
  • Dante’s Inferno (PS3) – $3.00
  • Daylight (PS4) – $3.75
  • Dead Island Riptide Complete Edition (PS3) – $7.00
  • Double Dragon Neon (PS3) – $2.00
  • Driver ’76 (PSP, PS Vita compatible) – $4.00
  • Dynasty Warriors Next (PS Vita) – $14.00
  • Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires (PS3) – $8.00
  • Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires (PS3) – $16.00
  • Earth Defense Force 2025 (PS3) – $20.00
  • Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon (PS3) – $5.00
  • Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two (PS3) – $5.00
  • Fluster Cluck (PS4) – $3.50
  • Hitman: Blood Money HD (PS3) – $3.40
  • Hitman Trilogy HD (PS3) – $8.00
  • Hotline Miami (PS4, PS3, PS Vita) – $4.00
  • How to Survive (PS3) – $3.00
  • Jet Set Radio (PS3) – $4.00
  • Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut (PS4) – $3.50
  • Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut (PS3, PS Vita) – $2.00
  • Lord of the Rings: War in the North (PS3) – $8.00
  • Lords of the Fallen (PS4) – $24.00
  • Max Payne 3 (PS3) – $4.00
  • Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Ultimate Edition (PS3) – $12.00
  • Metal Gear Solid VR Missions (PSOne Classic) – $2.40
  • Neo Contra (PS2 Classic) – $4.00
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3) – $8.00
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (PS3) – $8.00
  • Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge with Season Pass (PS3) – $12.00
  • One Piece: Pirate Warriors (PS3) – $6.00
  • One Piece: Unlimited World Red (PS3) – $12.00
  • One Piece: Unlimited World Red (PS Vita) -$9.00
  • Prototype (PS3) – $7.80
  • Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus (PS3) – $6.00
  • Rayman Origins (PS3) – $4.00
  • Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare (PS3) – $4.00
  • Retro City Rampage DX (PS4, PS3, PS Vita) – $3.50
  • Samurai Warriors 4 (PS3) – $25.00
  • Silent Hill (PSOne Classic) – $2.40
  • Silent Hill: Origins (PSP) – $4.00
  • Slender: The Arrival (PS3) – $4.00
  • Sonic Adventure (PS3) – $2.00
  • Sonic Adventure 2 (PS3) – $4.00
  • Sonic 4: Episode 1 (PS3) – $4.00
  • Sonic 4: Episode 2 (PS3) – $6.00
  • Sonic Generations (PS3) – $12.00
  • Sonic Unleashed (PS3) – $8.00
  • Spelunker HD (PS3) – $4.00
  • Spelunker HD Ultimate Edition (PS3) – $6.80
  • SpongeBob Squarepants: Plankton’s Robotic Revenge (PS3) – $9.90
  • Stealth Inc (PS4) – $3.75
  • Stealth Inc (PS3, PS Vita) – $2.00
  • SteamWorld Dig (PS4, PS Vita) – $2.50
  • Switch Galaxy Ultra (PS4, PS Vita) – $4.20
  • Terraria (PS3) – $5.55
  • The Amazing Spider-Man Gold Edition (PS3) – $19.50
  • The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Gold Edition (PS3) – $19.50
  • The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Gold Edition (PS4) – $23.40
  • The Impossible Game (PS Mini) – $0.60
  • The Warriors (PSP, PS Vita Compatible) – $3.00
  • Tiny Troopers: Joint Ops (PS4, PS3, PS Vita) – $2.80
  • Thomas Was Alone (PS4, PS3, PS Vita) – $3.50
  • Touch My Katamari (PS Vita) – $4.50
  • Toy Story 3: The Game (PS3) – $5.00
  • Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Gold Edition (PS3) – $22.00
  • Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Gold Edition (PS4) – $26.00
  • Trine: Enchanted Edition (PS4) – $5.25
  • Trine 2: Complete Story (PS4) – $4.00
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss (PS Vita) – $5.40
  • Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate (PS4) – $30.00
  • Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate (PS3) – $25.00
  • Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate (PS Vita) – $20.00

Webstore link.

impact

Banned
68.gif

Flarin

Damn, was hoping Toukiden would go on sale too. Just played the demo and wanted to pick up the full game. Oh well :p Hopefully people enjoy some Musou!

I'm hoping that ng2 is the vita version myself. I know it's not the best port but I just want to play it on the go and the PS3 version is censored to hell.

Halfway through the game it becomes complete dogshit. Literally slide show speed. NOT recommend.

This is coming from a guy who thought PS3 Bayonetta was perfectly playable.

Sophia

TLDR version of the post I made in the other thread: Samurai Warriors 4 and Dynasty Warriors Next for beginners. Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires for strategy elements. Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate if you want a big fanservice game with a whole lot of characters. Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires for the hardcore fans who know the uh... "well received changes" done in DW6. :p

warriors orochi 3 ultimate has a 77 metacritic? it's decent then, huh?

It's a cross-over title. The big draw is the fact that you have the entire cast of Dynasty Warriors up to DW7 and the entire cast of Samurai Warriors up to SW3 in a single game. And you get to play as three/five of them at once.

It's not very beginner friendly for a Musou title tho. There are no "beginner" stages (Like the Yellow Turban Rebellion) to ease you in, and some of the objectives are hard. Plus, you have to learn to control multiple characters at once with different playstyles.

That being said, if you can get past the few flaws it has, it's up there with Samurai Warriors 4 for the best game in the sale.

Was hoping for DW8 empires to go on sale also :(

Makes more sense for them to put DW7E on sale. You get your fill of that, and then your custom created characters can be transferred over to DW8E. >.>

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, I've been waiting for the PS4 version of Samurai Warriors 4 to get cheap. Kinda bummed it's not in this sale. Excited to see what else we get though!

TLDR version of the post I made in the other thread: Samurai Warriors 4 and Dynasty Warriors Next for beginners. Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires for strategy elements. Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate if you want a big fanservice game with a whole lot of characters. Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires for the hardcore fans who know the uh... "well received changes" done in DW6. :p

It's a cross-over title. The big draw is the fact that you have the entire cast of Dynasty Warriors up to DW7 and the entire cast of Samurai Warriors up to SW3 in a single game. And you get to play as three/five of them at once.

It's not very beginner friendly for a Musou title tho. There are no "beginner" stages (Like the Yellow Turban Rebellion) to ease you in, and some of the objectives are hard. Plus, you have to learn to control multiple characters at once with different playstyles.

Makes more sense for them to put DW7E on sale. You get your fill of that, and then your custom created characters can be transferred over to DW8E. >.>
Aww now you're scaring me off from Orochi(PS4) since I was in the market to finally try out this series.

Sophia

Aww now you're scaring me off from Orochi(PS4) since I was in the market to finally try out this series.

If you know what you're getting into, it's definitely a great game. Just know that it's a game meant for the fans first. Once you get past it's initial flaws, it's really fun. Especially Gauntlet mode. <3

Meaty

Heres an interesting fact most people are not aware about flash sales. My account was aproved today so I thought I should share this :).

Sometimes, not today's case however, you can check which games will be in promotion ahead of time by checking the Brazilian PSN store. They often put up the page for the promotions before the US store does.
Also, the PS+ games the brazilian PSn store haves are always exactly the same as the american one, so if you are hopeful for a game to come out on PS+, you should check if that game is on the brazilian PSN store!.

Lots of love gaf. Lets hope this is a good sale =)

Held off on buying a bunch of GTA stuff last night for some reason. Now I get to add some more stuff to my cart, yippeee
Halfway through the game it becomes complete dogshit. Literally slide show speed. NOT recommend.

This is coming from a guy who thought PS3 Bayonetta was perfectly playable.
PS3 Bayonetta IS perfectly playable, dunno what game you were playing.

It's not as bad as it sounds.

In reality, it's a very good game to get people interested into the musou genre, especially since it has one of the best gameplay out of the current ones.

Exr

If you ever had even a passing interest in a mosou game get Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate. Big mosou fan and Im still playing it like 3 years later. ENORMOUS roster, TONS of replayability, lots of CHINESE and JAPANESE people.

RedAssedApe

Banned
If you ever had even a passing interest in a mosou game get Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate. Big mosou fan and Im still playing it like 3 years later. ENORMOUS roster, TONS of replayability, lots of CHINESE and JAPANESE people.

Do explain? Lol

Cool, I was waiting for Orochi 3U to go on sale. EDIT: Checked my DL list, I already own it for Vita. Whelp, gonna grab Samurai Warriors for PS3 then.

Sophia

Do explain? Lol

Warriors Orochi is a crossover between the Dynasty Warriors cast (who are based off Chinese history/mythology) and the Samurai Warriors casts (Japanese History/Mythology)

If I've been cracking out to DW8, is Warriors Orochi 3 going to satisfy my needs or will it feel like a step back?

It's not a step back at all, so you'll probably love it. The big difference is that instead of the Rock, Paper, Scissors style affinity system you'll control three (five in Gauntlet mode) characters at once, each with their own classification.

Just to be clear how did ninja gaiden black and 2 run on PS3? I played them on xbox a long time ago but would like to play them again.

just technical performance wise? Sigma 1 introduces some weird loading times. There's an oddly long one when you open chests and a few brief ones throughout the main hub that can pop up during fights. There's some screen tearing.

Sigma 2 runs at a higher resolution than the 360 and holds the frame rate up better overall. That's completely at the cost of the 360 version's insane enemy mobs and gore, however. Still has the weird chest loading times lol

MYeager

warriors orochi 3 ultimate has a 77 metacritic? it's decent then, huh?

I hadn't played a Musou game since Dynasty Warriors 2 and I enjoyed WO3 Ultimate a lot. Tons of characters with different styles, the ability to replay battles with different outcomes, a bunch of different modes, etc. If you like the style of game it's a great package. If you don't, then it's not going to change your mind.

autoduelist

As someone fairly new to the genre I had an absolute blast with Dynasty Warriors Next on Vita. It had some touch elements it could do without but that weren't hard once you understood what you were supposed to do.

Currently playing Orichi 3 and enjoying it too. You play as 3 characters (flipping between them) instead of controlling team members (sending them to areas of the map) like you did in DWN, but that just opens up different playstyles.

Definitely enjoying the genre.

Can't wait to see what's on sale from other publishers! Is this Golden Week?

Top Bottom