• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Index Corp registers Persona5.jp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh PS4 would probably mean some 20-30 hour, less content version than Persona 3 and 4, if they were actually going to use the PS4's hardware. Would rather have it be on PS3/360 or even Vita if it meant it being more like P3/P4 and 60-80+ hour epics.

I'm guessing if it will come to PS4 it will be an up port not built for the system like many cross gen titles.

randomkid

Did I miss the "Persona isn't really SMT" arguments yet, or is that something to look forward to tonight?

I see we're headfirst into "I hate 2D battles" and I KNOW we already had the "I hope this isn't on portables" bit. I think this is probably my favorite part of a Persona and/or SMT discussion.

I actually read through this entire thread and I'm trying to figure out if this fanbase is actually capable of any form of discussion beyond WHAT PLATFORM IS PERSONA 5 GOING TO BE ON and PERSONA VS. SMT and NEW PERSONA VS. OLD PERSONA. GRAFIXXX seems to be the only recent addition.

Probably the second worst RPG fanbase in existence, congrats on beating Final Fantasy you guys (also don't worry Tales fans your #1 spot is forever secure heh).

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I mean Atlus promised us Persona for 3DS, and they've delivered every other game shown on the E3 2010 list IIRC, and more.

No, they didn't.

Just because a game was on some list doesn't mean anything.

A mainline SMT was on the same type of list when the PS3 was announced. So, where is that?

I actually read through this entire thread and I'm trying to figure out if this fanbase is actually capable of any form of discussion beyond WHAT PLATFORM IS PERSONA 5 GOING TO BE ON and PERSONA VS. SMT and NEW PERSONA VS. OLD PERSONA. GRAFIXXX seems to be the only recent addition.

Probably the second worst RPG fanbase in existence, congrats on beating Final Fantasy you guys (also don't worry Tales fans your #1 spot is forever secure heh).

1352596692887.jpg

you aren't wrong though...

No, they didn't.

A mainline SMT was on the same type of list when the PS3 was announced. So, where is that?

Naturally plans change, however it's telling that ALL but Persona from the E3 2010 list came out. What else besides SMT was on the PS3 list?

To be fair, whats there to talk about now? A domain name for a site most of us won't be able to read?

WORLDTree

I really can't believe so many people hate the 2D battles thing. It actually surprises me that I'm not phased at all by it.

Astetics, as some have stated this is an audio-visual medium and 3D animations and particles are preferred by some and also potentially an indicator of greater investment and care into the game. Now that's not to say the same can't be shown for 2D but as someone said earlier it's not like with SMT IV we're seeing all new sprites and highly detailed animations, and when given the option of recycled 3D assets and recycled 2D assets some prefer 3D.

and @Jamix012, yes you are correct, I did not think about the best version and if you add that P3P is closer to P3 then P4G is to P4, however in my defense I said P3P and not P3P: The Best.

If you look at P3P vs. P3+FES and P4G vs. P4 then P4G comes out on top, however that is slanted because it ignores P4's the best version and if you only compare the portable version to the original release then P3P is actually higher then P3.

However to further nitpick, you said you wanted to prove the post false, and while you proved the first part wrong you did not prove that P5 will never come to the vita which the second part is replying to.

zeopower6

No, they didn't.

There was a mainline SMT title on the Vita list released about 2 years ago.

I think I might make a thread about this.

randomkid

To be fair, whats there to talk about now? A domain name for a site most of us won't be able to read?

To be honest, I should be grateful people aren't analyzing cartoon character boobs.

NOTE TO "PERSONA GAF" THIS IS NOT AN INVITATION.

Let's try to convince ohlawd to finally start Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2.

Got my copies collecting dust, too.

randomkid says ohlawd should start Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2. Cyber Hindu Futurism!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
There was a mainline SMT title on the Vita list released about 2 years ago.

I think I might make a thread about this.

Haha, was there? That's why I never put stock into those lists.

They're made by people who are SPECULATING based on a list of developers confirmed making games for the systems.

Let's try to convince ohlawd to finally start Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2.

Got my copies collecting dust, too.

You should, like, right now.

Great story, Great battle music (Dat battle theme), great battle system. Just, go play it. :p

To be honest, I should be grateful people aren't analyzing cartoon character boobs.

randomkid says ohlawd should start Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2. Cyber Hindu Futurism!

I like how you classify PersonaGAF as all one entity. Come on man.

Village

That would be implying that discussion hasn't already happened, because of all the under age waifu's.

Do you even Jrpg.

kewlmyc

What's wrong with Tales fans? The only thing I can think of is Vesperia PS3 begging.

Glass Rebel

Fingers crossed for 3DS, Wii U would be even better but yeah, not happening. :(

I mean Atlus promised us Persona for 3DS, and they've delivered every other game shown on the E3 2010 list IIRC, and more.

Wonder if they could do it like this; announce both Persona 5, AND Persona 3 for 3DS.

Persona 3 for this year for the movie and to get the audience ready, and then Persona 5 next year.

Are you still waiting for Sword of Legendia on Wii?

Honestly, I'd rather see a new Megaten subseries like Devil Survivor than another version of Persona 3.

There's a distinct lack of Megaten card games *runs*

Jawmuncher

Ahhh I remember digital devil saga.
Mom grabbed it randomly from a clearance bin. Never played more than 10 minutes. Would get up to a horse enemy jumping the air.

WITH THAT SAID
its on my list along with nocturne and summoner to go back to on PS2.

Dantis

Ahhh I remember digital devil saga.
Mom grabbed it randomly from a clearance bin. Never played more than 10 minutes. Would get up to a horse enemy jumping the air.

WITH THAT SAID
its on my list along with nocturne and summoner to go back to on PS2.

You should play it.

It's really, really good.

Are you still waiting for Sword of Legendia on Wii?

Honestly, I'd rather see a new Megaten subseries like Devil Survivor than another version of Persona 3.

There's a distinct lack of Megaten card games *runs*

No. :'( It was long confirmed canceled.

Always keeping fingers crossed for a 3DS or Wii U revival though, can't hurt.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!

Naaah, SMT fanbase is fine. There are a lot of people who stop in to say stupid shit/ask stupid questions, but the people who are really into the series (meaning not the people who just played Persona 3 and 4 and have another SMT game somewhere, unopened) are definitely one of the more levelheaded RPG fanbases. And honestly, I prefer people who complain about SMT vs. Persona than the "I HATE EVERY FINAL FANTASY OTHER THAN 6" weirdos. Or Gust fans. Any of them.

No actual offense to Gust fans

Mitsuru's are the best.

Unquestionably.

Glass Rebel

Always liked the DDS1 battle theme more than DDS2's for some reason.

How do you guys feel about SMTIV's battle themes? (The beginning is chopped off for each for some reason)

Mikado

Tokyo

Virtual Battler

???

Tokyo:
7XSwK9l.png

Well, maybe not the best but it's really good. I love what I've heard of the SMTIV OST so far.

There was at least 1 physical Megaten TCG, actually. No digital version that I know of, though.

Time to revive it!

Not terrible, but not good either. They're just passable.

Not a patch on Meguro though.

scust

kuroshiki

Naaah, SMT fanbase is fine. There are a lot of people who stop in to say stupid shit/ask stupid questions, but the people who are really into the series (meaning not the people who just played Persona 3 and 4 and have another SMT game somewhere, unopened) are definitely one of the more levelheaded RPG fanbases. And honestly, I prefer people who complain about SMT vs. Persona than the "I HATE EVERY FINAL FANTASY OTHER THAN 6" weirdos. Or Gust fans. Any of them.

No actual offense to Gust fans

It's a war you want. It's a war you will get.

Lok'tar!!!!!

Nags

Banned

Yup, that's why I hate coming into SMT/Persona related threads. Left the last few with some ignored users.

sense

Fingers crossed for 3DS, Wii U would be even better but yeah, not happening. :(

Wonder if they could do it like this; announce both Persona 5, AND Persona 3 for 3DS.

Persona 3 for this year for the movie and to get the audience ready, and then Persona 5 next year.

highly unlikely for 3ds. Mainline SMT for nintendo and persona for sony is what i gather. even the smt x fe game showed only mainline smt characters and not the more popular persona characters. after p4g on vita 3ds version would be a downgrade anyways.

Glass Rebel

highly unlikely for 3ds. Mainline SMT for nintendo and persona for sony is what i gather. even the smt x fe game showed only mainline smt characters and not the more popular persona characters. after p4g on vita 3ds version would be a downgrade anyways.

Obviously.

Persona isn't SMT.

hyack hyack hyack

Always liked the DDS1 battle theme more than DDS2's for some reason.

How do you guys feel about SMTIV's battle themes? (The beginning is chopped off for each for some reason)

Mikado

Tokyo

Virtual Battler

???
I actually think I much prefer the area music to what I've heard of the battle themes so far. The complete reverse of what I thought for Nocturne. The Boss theme (which you didn't link) is superb, though.

Aeana

I think that'll about do it for this thread. There's nothing to discuss at the moment, and we've gone through the console wars and fanbase in-fighting cycle enough times now. When there's something new to discuss, there will be a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom