• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | Official Trailer

After the Crystal Skull debacle, we should approach this with great caution!

giphy.gif

AmuroChan

Doubting the writer/director of these:

I like Mangold, but no director is infallible. Crystal Skulls was directed by Spielberg. I'm also worried how much creative influence the Disney/Lucasfilm execs had on the film. If Mangold had a blank check and full creative control, I wouldn't worry, but we all know that's not generally how Kathleen Kennedy operates.

Last edited:
"I don't believe in magic."

Fucking, what??

Anyway, fingers crossed. At the very least, it looks like a lot of fun.

Last edited:
Doubting the writer/director of these:
310_to_Yuma_%282007_film%29.jpg

Logan_2017_poster.jpg

Ford_v._Ferrari_%282019_film_poster%29.png
I agree. After all, it was OBVIOUS to anyone that Crystal Skull was gonna suck absolute donkey balls for anyone who knew it was the director of these:

51FiFegjEXL._AC_.jpg

61iF3RSsLsL._AC_SY679_.jpg

61pniSbf1FL._AC_SY741_.jpg

Raiders-of-the-Lost-Ark-Vintage-Movie-Poster-Original-1-Sheet-27x41-4699_600x.jpg

Happy Simon Cowell GIF by America's Got Talent

Planet Of The Apes Laughing GIF

Don't be foolish. Nobody bats 100.

It's okay to have leading girls in the movie franchises you like. I promise they're not as icky as you've been lead to believe.
Not icky? Have you fucking seen Fleabag? Phoebe Waller Bridge is a unique actress but after watching that (admittedly funny) show and being privy to her innermost thoughts I needed a cold shower.

Stuart360

Most of the shots have that sound stage look that Crystal Skull had, like everything was shot on a sound stage as oppose to on location.
The cgi looks bad, although time to improve, and 80yo Indy looks like he can barely move, or talk.

I'll be surprised if this beats Crystal Skulls gross, at least in the US.

We will always have the orig trilogy though.

Doom85

I agree. After all, it was OBVIOUS to anyone that Crystal Skull was gonna suck absolute donkey balls for anyone who knew it was the director of these:

51FiFegjEXL._AC_.jpg

61iF3RSsLsL._AC_SY679_.jpg

61pniSbf1FL._AC_SY741_.jpg

Raiders-of-the-Lost-Ark-Vintage-Movie-Poster-Original-1-Sheet-27x41-4699_600x.jpg

Happy Simon Cowell GIF by America's Got Talent's Got Talent

Planet Of The Apes Laughing GIF

Don't be foolish. Nobody bats 100.

Not icky? Have you fucking seen Fleabag? Phoebe Waller Bridge is a unique actress but after watching that (admittedly funny) show and being privy to her innermost thoughts I needed a cold shower.

Nobody bats a 100 (and even that’s debatable, did Kubrick make a bad movie? And I don’t think David Fincher was to blame for Alien 3 sucking, granted I never saw Benjamin Button but all his other films range from really good to incredible IMHO), yet betting on Mangold has more logic to it than those who were 100% convinced it was going to suck before they even saw a trailer.

Top Bottom