• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (Bonus game:The Staff of Kings PSP/PS2/DS/Wii)

Endless

2z5iyz7.jpg

jl6hon.jpg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CuZ59k8LlsQ

125qhko.jpg

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/indianajones

screenshot1.jpg

screenshot2.jpg

screenshot3.jpg

screenshot4.jpg

screenshot5.jpg

screenshot6.jpg

screenshot7.jpg

Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

Step into the shoes of the legendary hero, Indiana Jones, in an all new epic adventure! Set in the year 1939, Indiana Jones® and the Staff of Kings™ follows the rogue archaeologist on an all-new globe-trotting quest.

From San Francisco's Chinatown to the lush jungles of Panama, Indy must use his whip, fists and wits to fight through ruthless opposition as he spars with his nemesis, Magnus Völler, in a race for a relic of biblical proportions — the Staff of Moses.

Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings features completely interactive environments, where players need to call upon their wits and daring to make each spring-loaded environment a weapon in order to dispense of foes in clever and unexpected ways. Also, embark upon thrilling action sequences that remain true to the spirit established in scenes such as Indy's pursuit of the motorcade in Raiders of the Lost Ark, the mine-cart scene in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and the free-for-all aboard the tank in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Product Information

* Wield your Wii Remote™ like Indy’s signature whip for a variety of uses — from combat to navigation to puzzle-solving.
* Use your highly interactive Hot Set™ environments and your wits to defeat your enemies.
* Explore exotic locations around the globe in an all-new story that puts you on an epic quest for the Staff of Moses.
* Apply your smarts to navigate Indy through challenging terrains with the many maneuvers Indy can do with his whip.
* Engage in burst gunplay moments and use careful aim and the environment to take out enemies.
* Face overwhelming odds and escape signature run-for-your-life moments, like a daring escape from a collapsing temple, by matching fast-paced onscreen gesture prompts.
* Experience thrilling chases and control vehicles — fly a biplane in a canyon trench, take the reigns of a wild elephant through the streets of Istanbul and navigate a raft down a raging river.
* Cooperative gameplay mode allows you and a friend to brave the challenges in a variety of game modes in an entirely new quest with a familiar character never playable before in an Indy game.
* Unlock four-player versus mode where you and your friends go head-to-head in a real biplane combat or take on three of your friends in a free for all tank battle!
* Whether you are brawling baddies or wielding your whip, use the Wii Remote and Nunchuk™ as nature intended with the intuitive gesture-based combat system.
* Discover more than 20 artifacts and rewarding unlockables throughout the game.
* For those old-school gamers there is nothing better than unlocking the classic Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis game!
* On the Nintendo DS, use the stylus as the whip to swing over pits, brawl with enemies and to explore the world.
* The PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system version features six robust types of burst gameplay including combat and physics challenges, puzzles and the trademark Indiana Jones chase sequences.

Hmmm... wonder who that VA is? The guy they had for Emperor's Tomb sounded exactly like Harrison circa the original Indy movies. The likeness of the face to Harrison isn't as good as Emperor's Tomb, either. :/

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
mjc said:
What is this bullshit? People want an Indy game on 360 and PS3 not PS2 and DS.

it's also on the Wii :C

Grimm Fandango said:
I hope Euphoria is still in.

IIRC Euphoria physics engine only run on Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and PC

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
So I take it the next gen Indy game is finally dead?

nah , you guys will have a TRUE next gen indy game , Indiana Jones .JR Starring Shia LaBeoufuck

Indiana Jones franchise as a whole is dead now

Haunted

"The Adventure continues on Wii"

:O :O

I thought they canned all Indy games in production? I fucking love Indy.

Totobeni said:
so GAF bitching about the game actually works?

I think it's more along the lines of they were holding on to release the externally-developed SKUs alongside the 360/PS3 version, and now that that's been canned, they're rushing 'em out.

AniHawk

Segata Sanshiro said:
Hmmm... wonder who that VA is? The guy they had for Emperor's Tomb sounded exactly like Harrison circa the original Indy movies. The likeness of the face to Harrison isn't as good as Emperor's Tomb, either. :/

Sounded like Steve Martin.

AniHawk

NoitoraJirugajr said:
I'll get it if 1. It is also for 360 and 2. It has an all new john williams score.

Yeah, I'm sure John Williams would drop everything and create a score for an Xbox 360 game.

Not A Fur said:
I think it's more along the lines of they were holding on to release the externally-developed SKUs alongside the 360/PS3 version, and now that that's been canned, they're rushing 'em out.

Yeah, that seems to be the case. All four last-gen versions were probably completed quite some time ago.

Defuser

mjc said:
What is this bullshit? People want an Indy game on 360 and PS3 not PS2 and DS.
They're playing it safe. Who knows what will happen if they develop a next gen indy and it bombed.

Haunted

Father_Brain said:
Yeah, that seems to be the case. All four last-gen versions were probably completed quite some time ago.
Nice stealth troll, but DS isn't a last-gen system.

NoitoraJirugajr said:
I'll get it if 1. It is also for 360
*looks at post*

*looks at thread title*

*watches trailer*

*looks at post again*

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Haunted said:
"The Adventure continues on Wii"

:O :O

I thought they canned all Indy games in production? I fucking love Indy.

I think this game pretty much the same " Staff of Moses " that was only for PSP two years ago , look like ported the project to PS2 and Wii since it's very easy to do that , it's easy cash after all without the HD high cost risk .

Haunted

Totobeni said:
I think this game pretty much the same " Staff of Moses " that was only for PSP two years ago , look like ported the project to PS2 and Wii since it's very easy to do that , it's easy cash after all without the HD high cost risk .
The one that Amaze was making? That looked pretty good. Well, for a PSP game >_> <_<

scitek

AniHawk said:
Yeah, I'm sure John Williams would drop everything and create a score for an Xbox 360 game.

He composed a piece for the inauguration, so it's not like he had anything big going on.

AniHawk

scitek said:
He composed a piece for the inauguration, so it's not like he had anything big going on.

I'm sure if he was doing anything, he'd drop it all for the President of the United States.

Seriously? You're comparing a presidential inauguration (and this one in particular) to a video game?

Mifune

Mehmber
I can't believe that the first Indiana Jones movie in like 20 years came out and there was no Indy video game to accompany it.

I don't know how you blow an opportunity like that. Oh wait, yes I do. You're fucking LucasArts.

Haunted

Mifune said:
I can't believe that the first Indiana Jones movie in like 20 years came out and there was no Indy video game to accompany it.

I don't know how you blow an opportunity like that. Oh wait, yes I do. You're fucking LucasArts.
Yup, definitely rivals the lack of a The Dark Knight video game in terms of "missed opportunities to cash in with a licensed game".

bill0527

Apparently they went the cheap route and cut out an Indy game for the HD consoles.

I thought The Force Unleashed sold well for them?

Ehh judging by the quality of TFU though, they need to be outsourcing any shit they want to do on the HD consoles.

CTLance

"Just terrific."

Uhm... Strange choice of voice actor. Otherwise, the CG looks fun. Gonna wait this out though. I do not trust anything with an Indy label after that Crystal Skull abortion.

AniHawk

Mifune said:

LEGO Indiana Jones came out about two weeks later and sold tons.

Haunted

Mifune said:
Yeah but come on, you could make LEGO Shenmue and it would sell tons.

Okay, maybe not.
I'd buy LEGO Shenmue. It would be amazing, because not even Traveller's Tales could make a mediocre platformer out of that source material.

Top Bottom