• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Games 2015 [November] Let's talk about anything Indie!

Thank you, More_Badass! Anybody who would give away Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet for free is truly badass. Thank you. :D

I was just on itch.io and I just downloaded Dude, Stop. Complete short mini-games in one of two ways: as a "good guy" who follows the rules of the game and puts his Lego pieces away like a decent human being, or a "complete monster" who breaks the rules of the game and leaves Lego pieces on the floor like a total dick. It's good for a chuckle. I'd love to see more levels added to this.

Matt Frost

I saw the preview on RPS and tried Cryptark. It's pretty great. Far more interesting than Alientrap's last game, Apotheon. It's polished as hell for Early Access too.

I really like CRYPTARK as well, from all the games I bought recently -a reason why I haven't gave it the time it deserves-, it could my favorite right now, followed closely by Bit.Trip Runner 2 and Environmental Station Alpha.

A quick November 2014 retrospective, looking how games have progressed in a year (or not)

Rebel Galaxy - Finished, released

Hell yeah, and I've been playing that a fair bit lately. Got back into it these last few days after someone on the steam thread mentioned that if you get in deep with the crime cartels they eventually start warping in to help you in space battles. Being a serving member of a space crime family is basically a life goal of mine

Hell yeah, and I've been playing that a fair bit lately. Got back into it these last few days after someone on the steam thread mentioned that if you get in deep with the crime cartels they eventually start warping in to help you in space battles. Being a serving member of a space crime family is basically a life goal of mine
So it's a good game? Haven't really followed it or read any reviews

So it's a good game? Haven't really followed it or read any reviews

It's a good game with a few flaws, a real 7/10. It does show its two man team roots with the disappointingly small limits to the world they have created but what is there is very well crafted and a lot of fun to bop around in. Once you get out of the learner pool galaxy and into the main game itself the combat gets real strong with a lot of weapon choices for you ship builds and lovely meaty capital ship on capital ship action. Also, you can space ram which is pretty great.

EndMerit

Kumoon was released yesterday. It's physics-based puzzle shooter with laid-back atmosphere and gameplay, and some interesting level designs.

Kumoon - 7.99€ (PC, Mac)
ss_b4d3890aa9d9a847edaed81432c25e32e49938fc.1920x1080.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/386290/

Kumoon is a Ballistic Physics Puzzle game, where you are a little robot with important mission: Knock all the cubes over! Estimate your shots' trajectories and use ricochet shots to score enough points in each level. There's some challenge to be had, but overall Kumoon is a game that won't stress you out.

Full disclosure: I'm one of the developers, so I don't wan't to oversell the product.
That said, of course we'd love to have as much player feedback as possible, so we're giving away 20 Steam Keys to anyone interested. PM me if you want one.

Might be time for me to finally get into Invisible Inc, it is getting its first expansion out tomorrow which should hopefully mean a deep sale on the base game. Can't wait.

What's the consensus on Axiom Verge? Will probably pick it up while it's on sale

It's great. A very skilled rebuild of the Metroid gameplay in 2015. Although it does subvert a little bit, on a whole it is very loyal to the open world exploration formula, warts and all. Which means the game is a lot of random exportation with a lack of hand holding so getting lost is in the running. To what degree that will annoy is up to you really, but it is something to be aware of before you buy.

Joachim

Neo Member
The Great Whale Road has appeared on NeoGAF once or twice, but this week we - Sunburned Games - have officially announced that we are working on it. And because we are quite gung ho we will also launch our Kickstarter and Steam Greenlight campaigns next week. Watch out for us from the 17th of November onwards.

Key Features:
  • Players will select a hero and crew for their ship from eight historical culture groups including Danes, Picts, Franks, Britons and Anglo-Saxons
  • Unique heroes and quests for each culture
  • Exploration of the North Sea during the Dark Ages
  • Players will raid or trade to supply their village for the coming winter
  • Players will build decks and use them in turn-based battles
  • Single-player adventures and two-player combat

TGWR_Wallpaper_Small.jpg
Combat_Screen_1.png

Press Examples:
Status of Development:
We are bang in the middle of it, and our roadmap tells me that we will be releasing into Early Access in May. If there is no flooding in the studio or any other acts of god then we are planning to leave EA before Christmas 2016.

gif-1_logo.gif

Links:
Official Site - for full size images, GIFs and blog
Indie DB
Twitter

'A new indie studio versus the cursed period on Kickstarter: Starting on the 17th of November.'

Best.
Joachim @ Sunburned Games

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Good luck with the kickstarter! Might check it out :)

I hope I am right ;)
Dascu's a dev. He knows what he's talking about.

But a telltale sign for an upcoming sale is when the Weeklong Deals and such end on Thursday rather than the end of the week. The Steam Machine sale is extending through the weekend, so there's definitely no Fall Sale happening this week

Matt Frost

Dascu's a dev. He knows what he's talking about.

But a telltale sign for an upcoming sale is when the Weeklong Deals and such end on Thursday rather than the end of the week. The Steam Machine sale is extending through the weekend, so there's definitely no Fall Sale happening this week

Thats a much much better explanation. Thanks. "You are wrong", just like that, without anything else is harsh for me. Thanks for the clarification. Now that I have more info, I get it. He could just said that in that way first.

The Great Whale Road has appeared on NeoGAF once or twice, but this week we - Sunburned Games - have officially announced that we are working on it. And because we are quite gung ho we will also launch our Kickstarter and Steam Greenlight campaigns next week. Watch out for us from the 17th of November onwards.

That actually looks really cool. I'll keep an eye on your Twitter for when you are starting the kickstarter. Also, it is impossible for me to track my family back that far but from what I know it is more then likely I have a fair bit of Anglo-Saxon blood in me so thanks for repping them as one of your cultures.

Matt Frost

I feel lucky and so happy... a friend gifted me a PS4 copy of FallOut 4 and another lend me his PS4. Social life, internet, NeoGAF, iOS, Steam... see you in a month lol bye bye world xD

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Recently played the enhanced edition of Mind: Path to Thalamus and so far so good. Never got around to playing the original due to a huge backlog but it seems pretty okay for a puzzle game. Relaxing and nothing too stressful. It supports VR now too which looks like would be fun.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Recently played the enhanced edition of Mind: Path to Thalamus and so far so good. Never got around to playing the original due to a huge backlog but it seems pretty okay for a puzzle game. Relaxing and nothing too stressful. It supports VR now too which looks like would be fun.

Been meaning to do another playthrough to see how well the developers responded to criticism. The dialog was a bit of a mess, the final act of the script and last playable area weren't very good, but overall I did appreciate what they tried to do. It just needed another pass for polish, so hopefully they used this extra time to give it exactly what it needed.

Been meaning to do another playthrough to see how well the developers responded to criticism. The dialog was a bit of a mess, the final act of the script and last playable area weren't very good, but overall I did appreciate what they tried to do. It just needed another pass for polish, so hopefully they used this extra time to give it exactly what it needed.

From what I've read it seems like a lot of the graphics and little nuances have been redone with VR in mind, so certain effects have been removed and added to best support it. Saw a few complaints in this regard but without playing the original I won't be able to tell what haha.

Pavor Nocturnus - Free (Browser)
tumblr_nxpyr2JvIA1si4jeeo1_540.gif

http://gamejolt.com/games/pavor-nocturnus/107107

Pavor Nocturnus, is a short, sinister tale in which you try to figure out where your girlfriend and your dog have gone.

Oases - Free (PC, Mac)
cvU7kX.png

http://armelgibson.itch.io/oases

A kaleidoscopic 'elegiac' ''flyscape''

Infinity Inc. - Free (PC)
InfinityIncDevgammLogo.1.png

http://www.indiedb.com/games/infinity-inc

Sci-fi puzzle-platformer game. Find a clone gun, create your own clones and overcome deathly traps by destroying them!

Moobabe

So my laptop should be with me today!

Also...
I got offered a job as a deputy games editor (specifically for PC games) last night

But we can talk about later. Let's celebrate it being Friday.

Also #allmymovies is finished. I'm not happy.

titch

Also...
I got offered a job as a deputy games editor (specifically for PC games) last night

Congrats Moo!!

Matt Frost

Picked up the Invisible Inc DLC. The new starting agents are all really cool. Useful and interesting abilities

Always had my eye on this one for a while, Klei doesnt seem to do sales often -50% is the biggest sale the game ever had- and I need something unique after I finish the mightly awesome FallOut 4.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Also...

Congrats :) Best of luck with your new position.

Picked up the Invisible Inc DLC. The new starting agents are all really cool. Useful and interesting abilities

I picked that up in the sale too, Put less then an hour in thus far but fairly impressed with it so far. Although I did fail my first mission because I couldn't find the specific terminal I had to hack and retrieve data from, I stood my agents in front of every computer-like object in the level and nothing gave me a 'hack' prompt or anything like that. A little odd but hopefully it was just my stupidity missing something obvious rather then the game messing up.

Also...

Heyho! Congratulations on the new role.

Matt Frost

Also...

Congrats on both! ... Seems like a dream job! ...Frost runs into FallOut 4.... my new addiction... love it. Only buidling Sanctuary for now, I can have 50 people but only 5 atm. Need to bring everybody in and restore humanity. lol.

Joachim

Neo Member
That actually looks really cool. I'll keep an eye on your Twitter for when you are starting the kickstarter. Also, it is impossible for me to track my family back that far but from what I know it is more then likely I have a fair bit of Anglo-Saxon blood in me so thanks for repping them as one of your cultures.

Great! We are going one further and representing them as the separate groups they were. We are starting with the Northumbrians (I am to blame ... too much Bernard Cornwell - The Last Kingdom series). But there plenty of interesting other ones - Mercians, Angles, Jutes, West and East Saxons for us to add over time. ;)

We have done a sneak combat preview: https://youtu.be/WuswwiPvhu0

Cheers,
Joachim

Also...

Congrats, man!

Moobabe

Congrats Moo!!

Congrats :) Best of luck with your new position.

Heyho! Congratulations on the new role.

Congrats on both! ... Seems like a dream job! ...Frost runs into FallOut 4.... my new addiction... love it. Only buidling Sanctuary for now, I can have 50 people but only 5 atm. Need to bring everybody in and restore humanity. lol.

Congrats, man!

Thanks guys! It's not nailed down or anything yet, I need to sort out some stuff obviously so I suspect it won't be until next year but it's pretty exciting.

I've set my laptop's delivery to work so I really hope it arrives today - if not it's gonna turn up tomorrow and no-one will be here to sign for it :(

Klei's games are free to play this weekend on Steam. I can't just recommend one; they'll all good

Although Mark of the Ninja takes top priority if you haven't played that one

arcanadei

Badblood - $7.99 (PC)
ss_37f2443aa9138dadd2d061b4f5c90d611335804b.1920x1080.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/404400/

Find your unique style of murder in this intimate and visceral local multiplayer for two, and outwit your neighbor. Same bloody field, different bloody perspective. Hide, seek, kill.

How to Survive 2 - $19.99 (PC)
ss_2e3b120b59515106f84c0413895a95e238c1bf6c.600x338.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/360170

Survive solo or with friends as you look to fulfill your basic needs of food, water and shelter, crafting your own tools and weapons while you secure your camp and face flesh hungry zombies.

Electric Highways - Free (PC)
ss_3b84bb892524d8e6e3516bd1b213ea6877c61587.1920x1080.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/412140

Electric Highways is an experience/adventure game, inspired by early 3D games and 80's synth pop music. The setting takes place in a surreal, virtual world, made out of abstract graphics, where the player must explore ten levels, each with an individual theme.
Descent: Underground - $29.99 (PC)
ss_80f491ccf64413ef7aa50e3a3864eb88367ab651.1920x1080.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/360950

Fight through twisting tunnels & vast caverns where the concepts of up and down mean nothing and danger lurks around every corner.
Message Quest - $2.99 (PC)
ss_59f94bc1693ea6e8c871e3d2fc42374a01a21547.1920x1080.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/408280

Message Quest is a tiny stained-glass point-n-click adventure about laziness and her herald.

Top Bottom