• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Games 2016 [December] Indie GOTY Voting time

Got Offworld Trading Company recently, and VA-11 Hall-A during the sale, so need to put some time into those before finalizing my indie list

epmode

Rami never disappoints. He feels in some ways like one of the more important guys out there in the broader gaming community who also helps make some rad games of his own.

Nuclear Throne is so goddamned good. I'd do unspeakable things for a 60 FPS update.

Not sure if the devs did some optimization in 2016, but I'm so excited to realize I can finally play DayZ. That's one of the games that got me interested into serious PC gaming. Perfect timing too since I got a mic for Christmas

Not sure if the devs did some optimization in 2016, but I'm so excited to realize I can finally play DayZ. That's one of the games that got me interested into serious PC gaming. Perfect timing too since I got a mic for Christmas

Be careful with DayZ. I haven't played it personally but pretty much all my friends that were into it are super negative about the stand alone product.

Be careful with DayZ. I haven't played it personally but pretty much all my friends that were into it are super negative about the stand alone product.
I don't have a basis of comparison since I never played the mod, and I've had the standalone since 2014

I imagine the negative opinions are due to the long development and it not being up to the level of the mod yet?

I imagine the negative opinions are due to the long development and it not being up to the level of the mod yet?

Some of it yes, although plenty of it also circles around Bohemia being really unresponsive and occasionally quite hostile to their community. Most of my friends have moved onto stuff like Rust and 7DtD this last year or so.

Wok

Hanano Puzzle 2
http://qrostar.skr.jp/hanano2beta_en.html

vjTv9Dh.png

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Wok

How far did you manage to play?

I have just started and, well, level 2... LOL

Edit: Level 3 now.

Edit²: Level 4. Actually, level 1 was the hardest.

Edit-cubed: Level 5. Level 4 was the cutest so far.

And I see you are playing in Japanese. So you miss the hints.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I have just started and, well, level 2... LOL

Edit: Level 3 now.

Edit²: Level 4. Actually, level 1 was the hardest.

Edit-cubed: Level 5. Level 4 was the cutest so far.

And I see you are playing in Japanese. So you miss the hints.

At level 14 now, how can I change the language?

Astroneer has over 300,000 sales as of now according to Steamspy

That's impressive. People love their sci-fi exploration/crafting/building games

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Is it worth jumping in with Caves of Qud now? It's a bit unclear whats still missing from the game - I think the music still isn't in, if someone can correct me?

Well this is equally disappointing and interesting. Kologeon shifted from 2D pixel art to third person 3D. I really like the new take and aesthetic, but it is disappointing that they completely scrapped what the Kickstarter was funded on. It's practically a different game now

Well this is equally disappointing and interesting. Kologeon shifted from 2D pixel art to third person 3D. I really like the new take and aesthetic, but it is disappointing that they completely scrapped what the Kickstarter was funded on. It's practically a different game now

Hmm, well I applaud their ambition but I must admit I am very glad I don't have a horse in this race. Transferring a budget and resources that were originally designed for a 2D top down game into ones that have to support a full 3D game isn't going to be an easy one without making drastic downsizes to the final product.

Wok

Utopia - ????
Unity_01.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/utopiagame/

An adventure game with elements of horror, fantasy and mysticism
The game will consist of several chapters, which are connected to each other in different storylines and in different worlds! In the first chapter you will meet a guy from post-apocalyptic world who is trying to escape from certain death, while trying to remember who he is and how he got into this mad and spooky world!

Moobabe

Picked up Orwell, Diaries of a Spaceport Janitor, Jalopy and The Sea Will Claim Everything in the sale. Excited.

However - I get an annoying bug in Orwell where when I click on things (like evidence, headlines etc) the escape menu keeps opening... anyone else have any issues with it?

Picked up Orwell, Diaries of a Spaceport Janitor, Jalopy and The Sea Will Claim Everything in the sale. Excited.

However - I get an annoying bug in Orwell where when I click on things (like evidence, headlines etc) the escape menu keeps opening... anyone else have any issues with it?

Never had this issue.

I have like the opposite of this problem. About half the time I try to open the menu it just refuses to open, forcing me to press the escape menu button again. Hardly a big issue but curious seeing how we are both having weirdness with the menus in that game.

Moobabe

If the issue is the Steam overlay, you should be able to disable it.

Iyb8QOf.png

sETgxCM.png

I think I'll do this. Occasionally when I open Steam overlay over Orwell it still engages with the game in the background as well, rather than separating.

Still - it's a lot of "fun" though.

CTHON - $4.99 (PC)
7lgKS1.png

https://gravitygames.itch.io/cthon

Cthon is an old school science-fiction first-person shooter, where you become a cybernetic weapon against the dark legions of a powerful evil entity - known only as Cthon - who lurks within the planetoid. It is a classic space horror game, inspired by the likes of Doom, System Shock, and Quake.

Milkmaid of the Milky Way - $7.99 (PC, Mac)
ss_baa4e905067c84d2d75585a600a20a13d9fa750a.1920x1080.jpg

http://machineboy.com/milkmaid/

Milkmaid of the Milky Way is a classic point-and-click adventure game in rhyme that combines an exciting story with puzzles and exploration. What happens when a young milkmaid sees an alien craft in a fjord in 1920's Norway?

Top Bottom