• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Games [March] Now Voting - Post 774!

Hofmann

Ok, I think it's worth sharing.

Fract (OSC)- https://www.dropbox.com/s/dwf3q3s6c9hsrtp/FRACTbeta_PC_Richard_E_Flanagan.zip

FRACTbeta_0007__.jpg

Mind that this beta is from 2010/11.

Came to post about Waking Mars, which I just bought myself. Should have guessed Toma would already be on it. :)

Hmmmm......
Sonic3Tails.jpg

....perhaps.

ROFL!

Just for the record. When I had 20 + 18 entries for the april thread, I thought I was done with it until posting. Now I am at 32 + 27... I HATE INDIE GAMES! Way too many interesting and diverse games, BAH. Give me my AAA games back.

And here you thought it would be starved for games. :D

I think I already mentioned it, but I really love the voting stuff. Aside from the obvious benefit of having a list of the most loved games each month, it forces me to play more games to educate myself. It's truly win-win. Looking forward to both this month's tally and next month's candidates. :)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Came to post about Waking Mars, which I just bought myself. Should have guessed Toma would already be on it. :)

You mean: Waking Mars, the current Indie Gamestand deal for at least $1?
https://indiegamestand.com/
02_LargeLavaPlant_HarvesterRoom.png

(Just needed a reason to repost it for the new page.

And here you thought it would be starved for games. :D

Even though I am indeed a bit surprised at the number of games that I already have in the april thread, my concern was actually that MOST games have already been mentioned in the march thread. But I think a big pile of those mentions/recommendations from the past 2 weeks just drowned and were quickly forgotten. Scrolling through the games list for the next thread... looks actually pretty damn good.

Even though I am indeed a bit surprised at the number of games that I already have in the april thread, my concern was actually that MOST games have already been mentioned in the march thread. But I think a big pile of those mentions/recommendations from the past 2 weeks just drowned and were quickly forgotten. Scrolling through the games list for the next thread... looks actually pretty damn good.

I'm also guessing when we're mid-April it won't much matter that they were mentioned here first, as the most obviusly and persistently visible thing is the big lists at the start of the threads. :)

I'll give Waking Mars a go tomorrow, it's a bit late (2:30AM) today and it seems like an involved game.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I'm also guessing when we're mid-April it won't much matter that they were mentioned here first, as the most obviusly and persistently visible thing is the big lists at the start of the threads. :)

I'll give Waking Mars a go tomorrow, it's a bit late (2:30AM) today and it seems like an involved game.

Its actually not really that "involving". Its pretty light and easy game gameplay wise so far. But yeah, I should go to bed too. Still working on that april thread.

Just joined the steam group (Mr Delabee) so if you get an invite that's me or feel free to add me and I will accept.
Could have sworn I was on the main GAF group but looks like I'm not anymore, ach well.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Joined the group as The Raydio but my name changes fairly frequently. In fact, it's different right now because i'm goofing off in L4D. You'll have to friend me and put an alias next to my name to keep up ;3 will do some voting for the top 5 in a bit.

Raxum

Ah yes, Castle Story, that one certainly looked interesting. I was following that a while ago, but I stopped because I was starting to hype it a bit too much in my mind.

Another Free Bundle has launched too.
[previous bundles)

The Free Bundle #5

Super Smash Land
Burn & Turn
The Witch's House
Alter Ego (this is an awesome game)
The Battle for Wesnoth
Slaves of Rema

Will give them all a blast tomorrow.

Plan to check out Super Smash Land and Burn & Turn from this list. And possibly finally dive in to Wesnoth, just never been able to get around to it for some reason.

Another Free Bundle has launched too.
[previous bundles)

The Free Bundle #5

Super Smash Land
Burn & Turn
The Witch's House
Alter Ego (this is an awesome game)
The Battle for Wesnoth
Slaves of Rema

Will give them all a blast tomorrow.

I knew of Super Smash Land before. Just watched the trailer and found it fun that they have a Tower of God stage complete with divine rules. :D . Still, I'll skip it as, well, I'd rather play the real thing, and there's no way I'm going to drag any of my friends into playing this, and single player Smash is... no.

Wesnoth looks really polished, I like the graphical style a LOT. Downloading as we speak, queued after Waking Mars (which I'll get to after breakfast).

Also caved in and downloaded VESPER.5, as I've realized I'll be reading "make your VESPER.5 move" reminders for quite a while. :D

EDIT: Just watched Turn and Burn's trailer after Raxum mentioned interest in it, it looks AWESOME. I've had a thing for playing as dragons ever since the original Thanatos on Spectrum (one of my favorite games of all time), and this seems to continue the noble princess-chewing, knight-slaying tradition of it and more recent games like Hoard. :D Downloading now, obviously.

I also gotta say I almost didn't check it (thanks again Raxum) because of the title, as it made it sound like a fighter jet game! They definitely need to think about a name change.

Raxum

I knew of Super Smash Land before. Just watched the trailer and found it fun that they have a Tower of God stage complete with divine rules. :D . Still, I'll skip it as, well, I'd rather play the real thing, and there's no way I'm going to drag any of my friends into playing this, and single player Smash is... no.

Wesnoth looks really polished, I like the graphical style a LOT. Downloading as we speak, queued after Waking Mars (which I'll get to after breakfast).

Also caved in and downloaded VESPER.5, as I've realized I'll be reading "make your VESPER.5 move" reminders for quite a while. :D

EDIT: Just watched Turn and Burn's trailer after Raxum mentioned interest in it, it looks AWESOME. I've had a thing for playing as dragons ever since the original Thanatos on Spectrum (one of my favorite games of all time), and this seems to continue the noble princess-chewing, knight-slaying tradition of it and more recent games like Hoard. :D Downloading now, obviously.

I also gotta say I almost didn't check it (thanks again Raxum) because of the title, as it made it sound like a fighter jet game! They definitely need to think about a name change.

No worries at all, I only watched it on a whim and noticed how fun it looked, played it for about an hour without realizing it. Turn & Burn is definitely an interesting little arcade game. The name certainly doesn't do it justice.

Might download VESPER.5 myself, kind of interested to see what it's about now.

Impressions time! I only played each game a few minutes yet; more detailed impression on a couple of them to come.

VESPER.5: Exactly what I expected, i.e. hardly anything to report until a few days from now. :)
Wesnoth: Beautiful strategy game, reminds me a LOT of a game I used to have for the Sega CD, Dark Wizard, down to the summoning of new units in your castle and the hexagonal grid (I'm sure there's a lot of games with both conventions, but that's the first one I remember). I didn't play much and will probably not touch it for the time being as, well, it's a genre that's been adequately explored by now, and it's also one that requires some time investment. To anyone else who likes these kinds of games and is looking for the next fix, this is hugely recommended, as it's free, pleasant to play, and has really high production values.
Waking Mars: Very interesting, definitely will play more this afternoon (had to leave for gym). Simple planting mechanics so far, which I'm sure will get much more complicated as more plantnimals come into play and interactions become more complex. I liked a lot how they completely avoided the "young white male lead, young white female companion", too.
Turn & Burn: I absolutely loved this one. Tight gameplay, addicting mechanics, immediate actions, arcade-like pull, glorious early 8-bit visuals... I will spend a lot of time with this one. If it's included in the April thread, I think I have my first nominee (same goes for Waking Mars, BTW). But devs, freaking change its name, please!

Slaves of Rema: Played the game until my character died, it really has the feel of the choose your adventure books with a bit of traditional RPG rolling dices. I didn't get far enough but the story seems catchy. It's a game that is worth of your time if you like these kind of games.

Corto

I've pledge to Ithaka of the Clouds the next game from Jonas Kyratzes creator of The Sea Will Claim Everything. One of the perks of my pledge tier was to get a copy of The Sea Will Claim Everything. I already got the game so I wanted to give it away here on this thread. So, if you think that it's a game that you will enjoy please PM me and I will forward the code to you.

gone!

Toma

April thread is good to go! Excite!

Toma

This thread has now officially ended!

This does not mean that the thread is outdated in regard to the content presented, since we will usually not post any content twice. This means that all the threads together are to be seen as a big mega Indie love thread. However, every discussion (even about the games in the OP) will now be directed to the most recent thread, which is currently (at the time of writing this) the april thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=532236

Top Bottom