• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IndieGAF Community GOTY Voting 2015 (until 18th of January)

Baddy? What is your opinion on this? EU4 - no, Cities - yes?
Personally, if a game is made by a small team and just published by a larger publisher, I'd place that under the indie game banner. I mean, I bet many would call Unravel an indie game despite being published by EA.

SnakeLordJelly

Neo Member
Personally, if a game is made by a small team and just published by a larger publisher, I'd place that under the indie game banner. I mean, I bet many would call Unravel an indie game despite being published by EA.

That is the logic I was using for both Grow Home and Ori. I probably should have confirmed the rules first.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
That is the logic I was using for both Grow Home and Ori. I probably should have confirmed the rules first.

No worries, its a weird topic and gets brought up from time to time.

Moobabe

The List

1-5

1. Grow Home
122XQcj.jpg
Grow Home is not just my Indie Game of the Year - but my GOTY as well. It took me back to a time when gaming was just... Fun. There didn't have to be a rhyme or reason for things; you wanted to drag a sheep into a teleporter to see what happens? Why not? You want to climb hundreds of metres up into the sky just to jump off a giant plant and soar gracefully through the air? Ok. Grow Home embraces experimentation, it embraces creativity and allows you to just play.
2. Rocket League
pWa33xY.jpg

Rocket League is the best mulitplayer game to release this year. It's also the best football game ever released. It captures the drama of the sport better than any Pro Evolution or FIFA ever could. Superb.
3. Ori and the Blind Forest
02AGvHW.jpg

What is there left to say about Ori? It's stunning to look at, listen to and to play - and while it may not be the most revolutionary title of the year, it's definitely one of the best.
4. Hand of Fate
9Jt2tjY.jpg

My surprise hit of the year. Part deck builder, part rogue like and part third person smash em up - Hand of Fate is a mix of genres I never expected to see, much less expected to like. It's fast, it's fun and it's tense. If there's one game I'd want you to go away from this list and play it's Hand of Fate.
5. Her Story
LLrvJb0.png

Another I didn't anticipate making my Top 5. I played through this with my girlfriend in one sitting and, but for some awkwardness trying to get the final couple of videos (even when everything is revealed) Her Story is a complete triumph.

6-10

6. Cradle
gJdzU3x.jpg

Years we waited. Cradle was teased, then revealed, then radio silence, then reteased and then re-revealed. And now we're here - with an incredible personal, unique and focused adventure game that create one of the most beautiful gaming spaces I can remember. If not for the ending this, too, would be higher on my list.
7. Serpent in the Staglands
iKHr2Kg.png

I played 3 CRPGs this year. Divinity (perhaps the best CRPG of all time that's been excluded from my list because it came out last year) Pillars of Eternity and Serpent in the Staglands. Pillars isn't here because it's safe. Serpent is anything but. It's inventive, it's daunting and it's extremely intimidating - but that's the perfect blend to create an incredible, memorable RPG.
8. Satellite Reign
mSeaBtb.jpg

A late comer to my list; Satellite Reign wasn't quite what I expected. I thought it would be XCOM like, it isn't. Instead this is closer to a party based RPG where you move around an incredible city space completing quests and tasks to put your corporation on the map. Aside from the wobbly camera this is a must play.
9. Besiege
BGO3Pry.jpg

I am terrible at Besiege. When you see all of the brilliant creations from the community and think "How am I ever going to do that?" you're not alone. The beauty of Besiege, though, is that you can be terrible at it and still complete it. It won't look as flashy, but you'll be roaring with laughter as your makeshift contraptions cough and splutter their way to completing challenges.
10. Invisible Inc
8kk0eUL.jpg

I wish this was higher on my list. Invisible Inc is from one of my favourite developers but it's maybe their only title that hasn't quite clicked with me. It looks great, it's a lot of fun to play but was missing that something to push it further up.

11-15

11. Pillars of Eternity
78zWj01.jpg

12. Undertale
ofZCvEr.jpg

13. Darkest Dungeon
Oe12NQf.jpg

14. Axiom Verge
AETUpak.jpg

15. Velocity 2X
OivMgM7.jpg

Honourable Mentions

Elite Dangerous
WVN8hl6.jpg

Broforce
HuLMPm4.jpg

Prison Architect
gF9Pyj9.jpg

Thanks to Baddy for using these little banner images - inspired me to do likewise.

Still not happy with my list - not happy with a bunch of the positions the more I look at them. I also feel a bit weird that my Top 5 is more... mainstream this year? I have a game published by Ubisoft, one by MS, a Polygon GOTY and one of the biggest hits of the year (in Rocket League.)

Maybe that just goes to show what an amazing year it's been for indies in general? Here's hoping that 2016 is even better!

Still not happy with my list - not happy with a bunch of the positions the more I look at them. I also feel a bit weird that my Top 5 is more... mainstream this year? I have a game published by Ubisoft, one by MS, a Polygon GOTY and one of the biggest hits of the year (in Rocket League.)

Maybe that just goes to show what an amazing year it's been for indies in general? Here's hoping that 2016 is even better!
I think that it says more about the state of indies today. Indie games being more mainstream is great.

daydream

Banned
finalised my list. not the 50 game list i've had in previous years when i had time to play 20+ games from each month's op but i'm glad i got a complete ballot i can feel good about

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
finalised my list. not the 50 game list i've had in previous years when i had time to play 20+ games from each month's op but i'm glad i got a complete ballot i can feel good about

Awesome :) I was contemplating lowering the requirement to 15 to make it a bit less hardcore. Still debating the pros and cons.

Toma

Seriously?

Yep. We did the rules to stop vote spamming for popular games and to make that voters actually played enough games to comment on the quality of most releases. I dont really see the point in tallying up 500 lists of people who only vote for Rocket League, Undertale, Ori and Her Story. (Good games though). The resulting lists were pretty good quality too so that worked out overall. Besides, if you follow the monthly Indie threads regularly, 15-20 shouldnt be too hard to reach.

I admit though, that I considered dropping it down to 15 as requirement. Maybe next year.

Yep. We did the rules to stop vote spamming for popular games and to make that voters actually played enough games to comment on the quality of most releases. I dont really see the point in tallying up 500 lists of people who only vote for Rocket League, Undertale, Ori and Her Story. (Good games though). The resulting lists were pretty good quality too so that worked out overall. Besides, if you follow the monthly Indie threads regularly, 15-20 shouldnt be too hard to reach.

I admit though, that I considered dropping it down to 15 as requirement. Maybe next year.
To be fair, I had posted the thread link in the Steam thread to give it some attention, so we might get some non-regulars here

Yeah, that's actually a fair point. It's just that 20 games a year isn't reasonable for me, indie or not.

I'm very interested in seeing the results though! (and I hope more people will take their time to vote)

Moobabe

Yeah, that's actually a fair point. It's just that 20 games a year isn't reasonable for me, indie or not.

I'm very interested in seeing the results though! (and I hope more people will take their time to vote)

20 felt like a lot to me as well, until I looked at the lists from Toma and Baddy and realised I'd played a lot more than I thought I had.

If we can get 10+ lists I feel like we could get a really great overall list. I'll badger our man Pylon to see if he can manage one.

Senhua

My list:

01. Undertale
02. Invisible, inc
02. SOMA
04. King of Dragon Pass - Steam Edition
04. The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth
06. D4: Dark Dreams Don’t Die -Season One-
07. Her Story
07. Contradiction: Spot the Liar
09. Interstellaria
10. Alpha Polaris : A Horror Adventure Game
11. Rebel Galaxy
12. Party Hard
12. Renowned Explorers: International Society
14. Rampage Knights
15. Prison Architect
16. Darkest Dungeon
17. Cities Skylines
18. Toren
19. Paint it Back
20. Mini Metro

This is ~potentially~ my final list here. I've been torturing myself for the last few weeks, moving games up and down the listings and I have finally settled on these 50. Fun fact, this list was originally ~70 games long.

01 Deathtrap
02 Broforce
03 Tales from the Borderlands
04 Ravenmark: Sourge of Estellion
05 Axiom Verge
06 Infinifactory
07 Velocity 2X
08 Besiege
09 Killing Floor 2
10 Soma
11 The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
12 Prison Architect
13 Pillars of Eternity
14 Shadowrun Hong Kong
15 Environmental Station Alpha
16 Human Resource Machine
17 Crosscode
18 Lethal League
19 Lovers in the Dangerious Spacetime
20 Stardust Vanguards

21 Rebel Galaxy
22 SquareCells
23 Odallus: The Dark Call
24 Assault Android Cactus
25 Concrete Jungle
26 JumpJet Rex
27 XeoDrifter
28 GemCraft - Chasing Shadows
29 Snakebird
30 Avernum 2
31 Invisible inc
32 Rocket League
33 Party Hard
34 Mushroom 11
35 LOOP: A Tranquil Puzzle Game
36 Big Pharma
37 The Masterplan
38 Sunless Sea
39 INK
40 Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
41 Guns, Gore and Cannoli
42 Nom Nom Galaxy
43 Trash TV
44 Wessterado: Double Barreled
45 Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist
46 Endless Legend
47 Bloodsports TV
48 Tembo the Badass Elephant
49 The Next Penelope
50 Time Rifters

A bit disappointing that there were no really standout freeware titles. Nothing as good as SuperHOT, or Card Hunter, Depression Quest, and Outer Wilds in 2013

20 felt like a lot to me as well, until I looked at the lists from Toma and Baddy and realised I'd played a lot more than I thought I had.

If we can get 10+ lists I feel like we could get a really great overall list. I'll badger our man Pylon to see if he can manage one.
We currently have 11 lists.

Toma

A bit disappointing that there were no really standout freeware titles. Nothing as good as SuperHOT, or Card Hunter, Depression Quest, and Outer Wilds in 2013

We currently have 11 lists.

Yeah, but I mean we noticed that development in the past 1-2 years already. Quite interesting to see how quickly the medium developed and I cant say I am mad about devs being able to get money from the amazing projects they put out. The focus where to find "hidden" gems just shifted a bit.

Yeah, but I mean we noticed that development in the past 1-2 years already. Quite interesting to see how quickly the medium developed and I cant say I am mad about devs being able to get money from the amazing projects they put out. The focus where to find "hidden" gems just shifted a bit.
Actually was just browsing through the freeware thread and there were a few great freeware games in 2015, but the year was so packed with regular releases that I wouldn't have space for them in my list
Antumbra, Camp 1, Grimstorm, Royals

Deathtrap is that good? It's on my wishlist but I'm a bit tired of TD games

Yeah, it is great. It is actually less of a conventional TD game then its name and steam description give it credit for because you have to play a very active role in the battle and the towers are more of a supplement to your characters damage.

Zynx

1. Satellite Reign - A unique, living world that you can freely explore with your squad of operatives. Tackle missions in whatever order you choose to do them, with vastly different available strategies - with different forms of stealth and firepower. Upgrade your guys with improved skills and new gear that really change what they can do. Overall, everything combines into a package that was really fun to play. (Controls are a little clunky, feels like there's very little incentive to replay once you've completed everything.)

2. Infinifactory - Assemble, deconstruct, and reassemble 3d objects by putting together a working layout of conveyor belts and machines. A really fun puzzle game with a great sense of satisfaction when you succeed in solving a level. (Without anything that really acts as a "conditional operator", inputs to a level are always regular and can't be randomized. So eventually everything can simply be solved by using a timing circuit, which is kind of boring. Spacechem is still the superior game.)

3. Crypt of the NecroDancer - The combination of roguelike and rhythm game works together so well. It doesn't hurt that the music is quite catchy as well.

4. Technobabylon - Incredible atmosphere and characters along with an intriguing story. Puzzles quite solvable, I only had to look up a solution to a puzzle once while playing through the game.

5. TIS-100
6. Secrets of Grindia

7. You must build a boat - It's a match-3 game with progression elements attached. It's grindy. Still, it's quite fun. One very refined aspect to the game is that it allows you to continue moving tiles and making matches even when the animations for the previous matches are still playing.

8. Environmental Station Alpha
9. Axiom Verge
10. Chroma Squad
11. Big Pharma
12. Age of Decadence
13. Kerbal Space Program
14. Shadowrun: Hong Kong
15. Duskers
16. Castle in the Darkness

17. Ori and the Blind Forest - Very polished, very beautiful game, but very vanilla as well, not really pushing the envelope in the metroidvania genre in any way. Some of the areas are really well designed, like the last "dungeon", while others are pretty boring. Character advancement and abilities are nothing special, while the boss battles are uninteresting and the chase sequences annoying.

18. Ohn0
19. Human Resource Machine
20. Armello

Toma

Yep, I am super tired though, we might use Baddies post format this year instead, as it already contains like 20 posts in a decent format and we still need to write up the others.

Yep, I am super tired though, we might use Baddies post format this year instead, as it already contains like 20 posts in a decent format and we still need to write up the others.
Have you started calculating votes? You can PM the list of games, and I could start getting website and trailer links together, doing blurbs for games that don't have one yet

Toma

Have you started calculating votes? You can PM the list of games, and I could start getting website and trailer links together, doing blurbs for games that don't have one yet

Not yet, but dont worry too much about it. It doesnt matter too much if we are done one day earlier or later. I am going to post the ranking tomorrow and then we'll go from there.

epmode

1. Nuclear Throne - Criminally underrated on GAF. It's easily Vlambeer's best game. I'm *so bad* at it yet I can't stop playing.
2. SOMA - I liked Amnesia but lost interest halfway through. SOMA hooked me from minute one. One of the best stories in videogames.
3. Undertale - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ3XjVVNagU
4. Invisible Inc. - Stealth plus XCOM. Could have been a hot mess. It's Klei though, so it's brilliant.
5. Downwell - Oh god, that animation + those controls. Perfect. Bonus points for the portrait/tate mode.
6. The Talos Principle - Road to Gehenna - Does an expansion count as GOTY? Fuck it, I love this game.
7. Endless Legend - Feels like a 2014 game to me but it's in Toma's post so here we are. Amplitude Studios is the best thing to happen to strategy/4X games in ages.
8. Elite: Dangerous - Playing this in VR is right up there with seeing Doom or Mario 64 for the first time. Also: the sound designers deserve all of the money in the world.
9. Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Not quite Dragonfall but it's damn close. I love the writing in these games.
10. Crypt of the NecroDancer - Another genre mashup that has no right to be as good as it is. Ridiculously clever enemy design.
11. Rocket League - Lightning in a bottle. I should play it more.
12. Pillars of Eternity - Right up there with Baldur's Gate! Haha, jokes. Still a good time!
13. Infinifactory - I suppose SpaceChem has better puzzles but I prefer Infinifactory. I also love around a level to get a closer look at the machinery. CAN'T DO THAT IN SPACECHEM
14. Cryptark - I haven't seen much about this game on GAF. Even in this early state, it's a billion times better than the dev's last game, Apotheon. I love the loadout/planning phase. Each level is a puzzle that wants to murder you.
15. Mushroom 11 - There really isn't anything like it. Could have gone very wrong if it wasn't for the excellent animation and physics implementation on your character.
16. Prison Architect - Best management sim since Bullfrog died.
17. Satellite Reign - I'd nominate this just for the world scan ability. What can I say, I have a thing for wireframe/schematics.
18. Her Story - I probably would have put this higher if I didn't stumble onto one of the game's big twists within my first ten searches.
19. Hand of Fate - One of the few card-based games I really dig.
20. Technobabylon - Another great adventure game from Wadjet Eye

Notable stuff I haven't played yet:

Ori and the Blind Forest
Age of Decadence
Underrail

Toma

Alright, the list of 50 titles for the thread:

1. Undertale
  2. Invisible Inc
  3. Her Story
  4. Infinifactory
  5. Ori and the Blind Forest
  6. Soma
  7. Pillars of Eternity
  8. Downwell
  9. Hand of Fate
  10. TIS-100
  11. Mushroom 11
  12. Elite Dangerous
  13. Satellite Reign
  14. Besiege
  15. Environmental Station Alpha
  16. Rocket League
  17. Cities: Skylines
  18. Castle in the Darkness
  19. Contradiction: Spot the Liar
  20. Secrets of Grindea
  21. The Beginners Guide
  22. Nuclear Throne
  23. Chroma Squad
  24. Axiom Verge
  25. Snakebird
  26. Velocity 2X
  27. Big Pharma
  28. Hotline Miami 2
  29. Darkest Dungeon
  30. Death Trap
  31. Dropsy
  32. Duskers
  33. Tales from the Borderlands
  34. Technobabylon
  35. Ravenmark: Sourge of Estellion
  36. Renowned Explorers
  37. Underrail
  38. Dyscourse
  39. Pix the Cat
  40. Assault Android Cactus
  41. You must build a boat
  42. Earthtongue
  43. Quasi
  44. Software Inc
  45. Towerclimb
  46. D4
  47. Read Only Memories
  48. Sublevel Zero
  49. Neon Struct
  50. Thea: The Awakening

Titles that we already have a post for in Baddies posting format are striked through. Even if someone cant write up anything for the others, we'd still need the screenshots and banners for all titles. Anyone who is willing to provide banners, self-written blurbs or good screenshots, please feel invited to participate.

Btw, the banners are 800 x 150. Save for Sublevel, Jotun, and a few others that needed to be a bit taller. But they're all 800 width.

How long are you looking for the blurbs to be? I could write for hours about some of my favourite games but just checking so I don't dominate the topic.

Toma

How long are you looking for the blurbs to be? I could write for hours about some of my favourite games but just checking so I don't dominate the topic.

If we go with Baddies layout its 5 lines-ish?

New blurbs, I'll try to get at least 2 out of the way a day

Tales of the Borderlands

A triumph in the genre of narrative focused adventure games that Telltale have been working away at for the last few years. Tales of the Borderlands is a whirlwind heist adventure through the oddball sci-fi wastelands of the Borderlands universe, meeting both recognizable characters and fantastic new companions. TotB has its fair share of insane action set pieces although it is at its strongest during the quiet moments where the lovable comedy and charming character moments can really shine through. Aided by its excellent soundtrack and vibrant visuals, Tales of the Borderlands is a narrative adventure game that reinvigorates the genre.

Ravenmark

Despite looking like a few other games, Ravenmark is its own beast that mixes the accessibility of the Fire Emblem or FFT series with the complex troop management of the Total War games. You follow the nation of Estellion in a unique fantasy world although troubles soon spill out into neighboring nations and you follow a complex tale of war and betrayal following heroes on each side of the conflict. Although the true strength of Ravenmark lies in its strategic combat; per turn you can only give limited orders, forcing you to manage ever growing war fronts with ever decreasing ability to do so and relying on automatic orders which have the chance to send your troops into trouble. It is a great abstract representation of the chaotic nature of large scale warfare all while being simple and quick to play.

Pix the Cat

Arcade goodness comes with this Pac-Man for the modern age. You play as Pix the Cat as they descend ever deeper levels of various mazes while collecting ducklings and depositing them in holes for points. The game increases in both complexity and speed as you chain together these massive duckling rescues, forcing you to stay permanently on your toes. Various modes, including a multiplayer versus one will keep the arcade fan coming back to rescue just one more duck.

Big Pharma

Part logic puzzle game and part business sim, Big Pharma mixes two very diverse game elements to create an addictive and very clever game. The business side comes from you having to manage your chemical research, buying new equipment and carefully analyzing the markets to make sure the cures you are producing are in high demand. When you are done with that you have to address the puzzle side where you are building the chemical production lines in your limited factory floor. Balancing space and the need to fit in the required amount of mixers and analyzers to ensure the final medicine is a suitable cure for the disease and only slightly deadly.

I'll tackle these tomorrow:

Assault Android Cactus
ObLnV40.gif

Dual stick shooters are quite common, but Assault Android Cactus is a stand-out. Battles aren't mere exchanges of bullets, but screen-filling spectacles of searing lasers, mechanical hordes, and shifting arenas. Each moment is one of chaotic gunfire and deft evasion, but also balanced out by the synergy of an android's loadout and need to keep your battery charged. From basic weapons like assault rifles to shotguns to more exotic tools of destruction such as plasma field generator and a cannonball launcher, each gun feels feel powerful and unique.
xQGGiU9.jpg
riF1e3U.jpg

Hotline Miami 2
TVYCqsM.jpg

Much like its predecessor, Hotline Miami 2 is brutal. Cathartic. Chaotic. Insane. Drive meets David Lynch. And it's all that on grander scale, taking what worked in the first game - that die-repeat-succeed rapid-fire pacing, the copious gore and blood, the satisfying arcadey combat that left broken bodies in your wake - and expanded on everything. A more complex but no less weird story, more masks with more diverse skills like dodge rolls and dual wielding, larger levels, and of course more weapons made Hotline Miami 2 a worthy sequel and thrilling action game.
vS3rAb8.jpg
ap7tR5m.jpg

Satellite Reign
rSGMTYB.jpg

Cyberpunk has a long history in games, from Snatcher to Deus Ex, but perhaps none was as satisfyingly destructive as Syndicate. Satellite Reign modernizes and evolves Syndicate's guns-blazing chaos with a greater emphasis on squad tactics and stealth, a gorgeous rain-soaked neon-lit aesthetic, reactive districts to explore and hack, and a vast arsenal of tech, weapons, and skills to utilize.
satellite-reign-34527.jpg
KBTFCTW.jpg

TIS-100
5kZcb2l.jpg

TIS-100 was a distillation of SpaceChem, cutting away the abstractions and pseudo-chemistry theme to deliver a pure programming puzzler. The gameplay is essentially the same; you're still transporting data from inputs to outputs, combining and separating inputs, and working around the limited space. But instead of waldos and flip-flops, you're need to think in terms of MOV and ACC and BAK and NIL. The assembly language challenges tickle your brain in the best way, building in complexity as you meticulously type out command lines.
NumblLi.jpg
Nx3Qegu.jpg

Toma

Hopefully I can do some tomorrow, this week was a tad hellish.

Castle in the Darkness
IXC1b96.png

It's clearly inspired by older Castlevanias titles, even though there are some backtracking to reach new areas when you find new abilities but it's not a tedious backtracking since you unlock some warps in the world. There are various hidden secrets in the levels that are required to 100% the game, and there are many references to 8-bit era of video games, but I didn't thought they were intrusive. The OST fits very well into the game, while the gameplay is tight and works well.
VkrTmKB.jpg
pMkKLRr.jpg

Moobabe

Velocity 2X

Taking a fun, if unspectacular, original - the team at Futurlab created a game that not only exceeding the original in every way, but also became one of the must have titles on Vita and, subsequently, other platforms. It combines the fast, precise movements of ship combat with the furiously beautiful on foot sections - Velocity 2X is essential.

Pillars of Eternity.

They said it couldn't be done. They said no-one would care. No-one would want a top down CRPG in this day and age. Pillars launched on kickstarter to immediate success and quickly proved the doubters wrong. A stunning soundtrack, beautiful graphics, deep, strategic combat and the quality of writing you would expect from a team with such pedigree - Pillars of Eternity has ushered in a new age of RPGs.

Secrets of Grindea

Evoking games like the Mana series or Chrono Trigger is an enormous risk (no to mention throwing Pokemon into the mix) but the Grindea time have done just that. This is a fun, colourful RPG meets Mana meets collectathon - and it's a great mix. It's light hearted, beautifully animated and a resounding success emerging from the Early Access program. Highly recommended.

Neon Struct
SCVx5QA.png

A stealth game with a solid plot and an aesthetics that refers to the old Deux EX, with the game being clearly inspired by it, and while it may look simple Minor Key Games nailed the feel. The level are vast and with different routes to finish each mission, also there are secret stashes to find if you like to explore.
2-base.jpg
3-mech.jpg

Environmental Station Alpha
008G0Tk.png

There are a lot of metroidvanias released and being made by indie developers, in a genre crowded it can be hard to get attention. While there are nothing innovative in ESA, it is a very well made game with tight controls, well designed levels and a good soundtrack to imerse you in the game. Each area feels different from each other and you understand immediately what kind of biome it was in the Station.
HXAT8lQ.gif
TBWygat.gif

Toma

Working on your recent suggestions and adding pics. Updating the list later on.

Toma

Alright, titles left:

Undertale
Contradiction: Spot the Liar
Nuclear Throne
Chroma Squad
Axiom Verge
Death Trap
Dropsy
Technobabylon
Renowned Explorers
Dyscourse
You must build a boat
Software Inc
Towerclimb
D4
Read Only Memories
Thea: The Awakening

Cities: Skylines (working on it)
Earthtongue (working on it)
Quasi (working on it)
Underrail (working on it)
The Beginners Guide (working on it)

Contradiction
jMiThjh.png

FMV murder mystery game in which you follow in the wake of Detective Jenks on the trail to find out what happened to a murdered girl in the small village of Edenton. Although the core gameplay loop of interrogating suspects and pointing out logical contradictions in their testimony is rewarding, the real joy of this game comes from the odd characters during your travels and the loveable melodramatical acting style on display by most of the main cast.
ss_f33622ad529f91fcd66d6eda02e5609445b277c0.600x338.jpg
ss_d3aa54163d5908d094542be6a3cfaf8cd6817eb4.600x338.jpg

Deathtrap
S7ScvsP.png

Tower defense action RPG which pits you against hordes of mythical beasts and weird science monstrosities to stop their endless march towards your home base. As you complete maps you get the opportunity to level both your active and passive skills, your towers and traps and even craft new gear to help boost your talents to aid with future challenges. The strategic layer of the tower placement along with the clickfest of the action RPG mesh together perfectly to create an experience which is both tactically deep and wonderfully mindless
ss_77cd8da9900099a37913c8a43c1ed6b82a8793ee.1920x1080.jpg
ss_1c6e0d7038e6a6abdff70de5dfc89f6fb9fcd52b.1920x1080.jpg

I'll do these tomorrow:

Nuclear Throne
2R2UJFz.png

If there's one thing Vlambeer absolutely excels at, it's satisfying action that just feels engrossing to control, and Nuclear Throne encapsulates that perfectly. It's hectic frenzied bullet hell chaos, as you deftly dodge and weave between countless projectiles and return the favor with your own. Each character requires a different skillset to master, and each weapon feels brutal and rocks the screen with a pull of the trigger.
ss_43f97a5cae5999d61e818bef8216b1f561f48387.1920x1080.jpg
ss_db2fb88345ec39c8852df5f86473aeac8550de05.1920x1080.jpg

You Must Build A Boat
qXKrS0o.png

Like Puzzle Quest, 100000000 was one of those games that blended match-3 with RPG elements to deliver a unique and addicting concept. You Must Build A Boat only deepens and expands upon that already solid foundation, as you once race across the screen and fight monsters with careful but quick matches. Out of combat, a growing assortment of passengers on your ever-expanding vessel let you upgrade stats and buffs, improve and buy weapons, unlocks skills and magic, and more.
ss_f63ba73563c1e50e5a4dea01149246cfc322def1.1920x1080.jpg
ss_2b9ce91e715648e6e04e6f410db9f753e6242e89.1920x1080.jpg

Towerclimb
OAQO6Yu.png

A lot of games task you with climbing structures, but how many focus solely on that ascent. Towerclimb is a roguelite platformer challenging you to climb fast and riskily through a skyward gauntlet of traps and monsters. Don't be fooled by its unassuming looks; this is a rewarding finely-tuned game of wall climbs and ceiling hangs, of strategic potion use and desperate escapes from rising lava and charging beasts,
ss13.png
ss_ae90957dd60a4ca02567a9a1e78683c2e4b45263.1920x1080.jpg

Undertale
ofZCvEr.jpg

Undertale's presentation is pretty simple and may turn many off because of the "ugly" graphics or even how it spawned many memes, though if you look past that superficial issues one can find an interesting story with new takes in an already stablished genre like JRPG. The game is best experienced without reading spoilers because it's going to be quite a ride.
ss_b9018c41cea2bdfb150609bedfca99b16a5af02a.1920x1080.jpg
ss_a11393d4b437ca75c10521f6baf53fbba9006f0f.1920x1080.jpg

--

I'm going through the list and will look into the games that still don't have a banner.

Toma

Undertale

--

I'm going through the list and will look into the games that still don't have a banner.

I made banners and pics for all games until post 93. Contradiction in post 94 (and the following) is the first to still need banners.

Moobabe

Alright, titles left:

Undertale
Contradiction: Spot the Liar
Nuclear Throne
Chroma Squad
Axiom Verge
Death Trap
Dropsy
Technobabylon
Renowned Explorers
Dyscourse