• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IndieGamerChick: NX more powerful than PS4/XB1, easy to develop for [rumor]

Oddduck

IndieGamerChick is reporting some rumors that she's heard regarding NX. She runs the website IndieGamerChick.com.

Source: IndieGamerChick's Twitter

On NX's power...

Guys, I don't know anything about NX's inputs except that there will be more than one option. I was clued in about it being powerful.
All I know is that "more powerful than PS4/Xbone" is *technically* accurate, that it's easy to develop for and optimized for gaming.
The controller reports are to the best of my knowledge bogus. The horsepower rumors are true.
I complained for years about the Wii U's horsepower being the reason it failed, and a couple people clued me in that NX was powerful.

On Indie developers...
Hopefully, fingers crossed, I'll have something to say before E3 about how Nintendo will be handling indies on NX.
I do know. I just haven't been given permission to say. :) Face I made when I heard Nintendo's plans for indies. Make what you will.

Regarding controller inputs and control methods.

Guys, I don't know anything about NX's inputs except that there will be more than one option. I was clued in about it being powerful.
I should clarify that. I was told there is "more than one way to control NX." Not that there are multiple inputs.

IndieGamerChick.jpg

BY2K

Membero Americo
EDIT: Oops, already in the OP.

The parts about the NX being easy to develop for sounds like something Dual Pixels said about a month ago.

Until this thing is officially unveiled, I feel most talk about it is just hearsay.

Basically, add another one to the pile fellas...the one labeled "NX HOPES AND RUMOURS".

Boke1879

For whatever the NX is the only two things that matter is that people buy it and 3rd parties are on it to help drive that adoption. If people don't pick this up whatever 3rd party support it will have will drop fast.

Gotta wait and see how it plays out.

Kawngi

"as powerful" just as MS and Sony are about to release more powerful versions? :p

e: nvm, saw the tweet claims its technically more powerful. guess we'll see.

CockHammer

Neo Member
Why is news from a no-name site allowed? People were giving crap to the other site that posted the NX controller for being bogus but not this?

Anyway, this power stuff has been repeated thousands of times. Of course its going to be powerful

Rockk

Pretty safe bets all around. The only questionable thing is "easy to delevop for" but that could honestly mean anything.

FStubbs

Like I said in another thread, if it's on par with PS4/Xbone, then clearly the third parties will target PS4.5/Xbox1.5 and point out the NX is still way too weak.

Lol. By number of inputs, that probably means another Wii U-like situation maybe. They may have an evolution of the Gamepad, while also having some more traditional controller inputs like the Wii U Pro controller.

Perhaps as I believed earlier, that it's simply a console, the handheld will be something else with an entirely different name.

Unless this is an anonymous account on purpose to protect from breaking embargo... why would nintendo give her hardware? There's been a few notable devs complaining not having access to a dev kit, and somehow a random "indie dev" has one?

seems like rumor at best

BY2K

Membero Americo
What information would support or disprove this claim

She's apparently big in the indie scene. There might be a chance she at least knows about Nintendo's plan for Indie concerning the NX.

Also the part about the NX being "easy to develop for" is something Dual Pixes (I know I know) said back in February this year.

It's all I have, unfortunately.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Like I said in another thread, if it's on par with PS4/Xbone, then clearly the third parties will target PS4.5/Xbox1.5 and point out the NX is still way too weak.

Yep. Same exact story.

DNAbro

That would be bad for PS4/Xbox One if developers immediately abandon that level of game.

I do hope Nintendo knocks it out of the park with indies.

Give me Undertale NX

Oddduck

What information would support or disprove this claim

When she says the rumors regarding NX's specs are true, I'm guessing she's referring to the Wall Street Journal report.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/10/16/9550025/nintendo-nx-details-chips-mobile-component

According to a new report from The Wall Street Journal, Nintendo's next console — codenamed NX — will feature "industry-leading chips" to better compete with the more powerful Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

But I'm just making a guess here. I'm honestly not sure if she was referring to this particular report.

I would hope it'd be at least as powerful as the XBone/PS4. It'd be a complete laughing stock if it couldn't manage that much despite being 3-4 years late to the party.

A little disappointed she's the one getting news, though. I've... had less-than-cordial interactions with her in the past. I partook in one of her indie game giveaways a year or two ago, innocently enough - but then she started harassing me on Twitter, just because I had a Sonic avatar at the time, and she apparently has a thing for riling Sonic fans up into a tizzy. Refused to stop when I asked her to, insisted on making it more public when I was trying to keep it private. Got so bad that I had to block her. Ah, well, really doesn't have any bearing on anything she's said here, I suppose.

GulAtiCa

She's apparently big in the indie scene. There might be a chance she at least knows about Nintendo's plan for Indie concerning the NX.

Also the part about the NX being "easy to develop for" is something Dual Pixes (I know I know) said back in February this year.

It's all I have, unfortunately.

She's really not actually. She's no small fry by any means and does mean well toward gamers (doing giveaways constantly for example). But from personal dealings with her and her website/twitter, she's not really.

Though, who knows.

MK_768

"as powerful" just as MS and Sony are about to release more powerful versions? :p

e: nvm, saw the tweet claims its technically more powerful. guess we'll see.

I think the impact these new systems will have are being overstated.

Anyways, this rumor means nothing to me lol. Nothing special.

Malus

Yay new speculation thread.

IndieGamerChick vs. Those two artist guys on twitter who were pessimistic about NX dev kits.

I mean these are such great sources I could almost believe them both.

Top Bottom