• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indivisible: Valkyrie Profile/Metroid, Indiegogo, PC/Mac/Linux/PS4/XB1 -- funded!

What's the experience with indiegogo funding development? Is it erratic like Kickstarter's? Or is it incremental with more people backing it in the end?

I'm actually really curious about this myself. The only experience I have with Indiegogo is Skullgirls, and I think that was a bit of an isolated case due to all the uproar surrounding the goal at the beginning of the campaign.

RPGCrazied

The prototype runs like a dream. I'm really impressed. And it will get better at release? I really hope you guys make the goal. I couldn't get past the last boss. I wish there was a way to revive dead characters.

Are these 4 playable characters it?

tuxfool

Banned
They said nice things about the game/prototype briefly on the Bombcast today. Though I'm not sure how one could say anything bad about having a playable demo of a game.

Labadal

The prototype runs like a dream. I'm really impressed. And it will get better at release? I really hope you guys make the goal. I couldn't get past the last boss. I wish there was a way to revive dead characters.

Are these 4 playable characters it?

Only for the prototype.

There are 12-14 characters that can join you, or I might be mixing this with Exist Archive.

Ravidrath

We're probably not going to announce the number of playable characters we intend to put in, but it's more than VP1 and less than VP2.

And... wow! People found the other secret already!

Gbraga

gpgPMyA.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKhshupwN08

EASY. Step it up, Mike Z.

I can't feel my fingers anymore. That was fun as all hell, please have more of this high precision platforming in the final game. Even if it's all optional.

We're probably not going to announce the number of playable characters we intend to put in, but it's more than VP1 and less than VP2.

Which other secret???? =@@@@@@

I propose that for Indivisible 2, you have hundreds of characters, all designed by Shunya Yamashita with the same face.

What? Me bitter about VP 2? Whatever gave you that idea???

Dice//

Banned
I propose that for Indivisible 2, you have hundreds of characters, all designed by Shunya Yamashita with the same face.

I giggled; but man this happens to a lot of artists, it's a hard hole to dig up from. x)

I kinda wanna go into the game blind, so I played about five minutes of the Prototype.... Then I quit. Then I booted it up and kept going. God I love it. Looks pretty, feels good, and the look is nice and clean.

Zubz

Banned
Gah. I've been so busy this week... I'll hopefully get to the backer prototype (And my inevitable backing) this weekend! The game looks fantastic; I hope it does really well!

Zero3K

Ravidrath: Will there be a text box at the top that shows the name of the super a party member is using? Also, what about having the one of them say something when they're about to battle an enemy?

Ravidrath

Ravidrath: Will there be a text box at the top that shows the name of the super a party member is using? Also, what about having the one of them say something before a battle?

Not sure about the text box with the name of the attack. Doesn't feel like something we'd do, but I could be wrong.

And we did write and record some battle opening lines, but ran out of time to implement them. I think we'll probably get to them eventually.

That's quite the obscure non sequitur. Not sure why you would compare this to a fan-translated turn-based SNES RPG that's like Earthbound with a job system.

because they're both video games and I don't see a job system it's more like here's some abilities sometimes no abilities. Make your own shit.

More than VP 1? That's a lot. I went to look it up since it's been a while and that game had more than I remembered. That's 20 characters right there. I was expecting this to have maybe eight total.

Ravidrath

The playable prototype has been updated.

http://indivisiblegame.com/?page=3

Here's a list of what's changed:

- Added an option in Settings to have battle buttons NOT switch when party formation faces different direction. This was the #1 request, so we added it!
- You can also set whether the lifebar display matches the characters' positions or the buttons. Test it out to see which you prefer.
- Bugfix: Pressing F1 at control config from the pause menu with no controllers connected no longer locks out all inputs for Ajna.
- Bugfix: Banner messages (tutorials, etc) no longer appear in the wrong place if one is triggered while a previous message is still displaying.
- Added tutorial text for the Party Guard button (L1) the first time a multi-target attack happens.
- Fixed incorrect level collision for some ceiling pieces that led to holes that let you go out of bounds.
- Added a version number on the title screen, today's is 10-7.

Backed this last night. Not even played the prototype yet, I got faith in you guys.

Thanks so much!

You should still play it, too!

Looks fantastic.

Plays even better - please try the prototype if you haven't yet.

Lime

So I don't put a lot of stock in these predictor sites, especially after only two days.

However...

http://crowdcharts.com/campaign/indivisible-an-rpg-by-lab-zero-and-505-games

This morning the estimate was $1.7M, and now it's over $2M.

While I don't know how their model works, it would seem to indicate that things are slowly accelerating.

Also, tomorrow I'll be headed to Geek & Sundry to talk about the game on their stream around 6:00 PM PT!

I sincerely hope that this will be the final outcome. I want my plushie damnit!

How did y'all find these secrets? I went back and played it again three more times swinging at random walls, trying to climb stuff that the game doesn't let you and doing silly short hops and I still haven't found anything?

Tizoc

Those 3D models really do clash with the 2D D;
They should cel shade them maybe or something so they don't feel out of place.

OmegaDL50

So with the hopes the Indivisible Campaign succeeds.

I wonder Ravidrath, what are the odds of Ajna possibly making an appearance in a future Skullgirls update as a secret character or, it would be a nice reference.

ricki42

When do the Mac and Linux versions of the demo go up? I can't wait to play this.

I was just looking for that as well, and noticed that the line that said the Linux/Mac prototypes would be up in the coming days has been removed, now there's no mention of them. Doesn't look like we'll be getting the prototype after all.

So I don't put a lot of stock in these predictor sites, especially after only two days.

However...

http://crowdcharts.com/campaign/indivisible-an-rpg-by-lab-zero-and-505-games

This morning the estimate was $1.7M, and now it's over $2M.

While I don't know how their model works, it would seem to indicate that things are slowly accelerating.

Also, tomorrow I'll be headed to Geek & Sundry to talk about the game on their stream around 6:00 PM PT!
Multiplayer mode incoming or what? :p

I hate to be that sort of backseat driver kind of guy, but do you guys think you might be able to figure out updates for the 50k marks as well? I think some of the most energizing portions of the SG campaign came from the onslaught of updates. Stuff as simple as tentative incarnation profiles or prototype movesheets would probably help keep things lively. You guys just NAILED this campaign in all other respects, but we're going the full 15 rounds on this one and anything to keep people engaged would be welcome. I've just been hearing that sentiment here and there so I figured I'd ask. Lord knows the periodic DLC character reveals for the SG IGG fueled the fan art and lore trains something fierce.
So with the hopes the Indivisible Campaign succeeds.

I wonder Ravidrath, what are the odds of Ajna possibly making an appearance in a future Skullgirls update as a secret character or, it would be a nice reference.
That would be some nice $250k+ magic right there.

Ajna for UNIEL when?

ZombAid82

Looks very interesting. Indiegogo and a lack of a Wii U version makes me hesitant to back it for some reason though. I'll see how the campaign goes though, I have a track record of flip flopping when it comes to backing kickstarters/crowd funding campaigns.

Well, 2018 the WiiU is gonna be deader than dead on the Market so....

Gbraga

- You can also set whether the lifebar display matches the characters' positions or the buttons. Test it out to see which you prefer.

I'm not sure I understand how this works, I'll test it out tonight after work.

How did y'all find these secrets? I went back and played it again three more times swinging at random walls, trying to climb stuff that the game doesn't let you and doing silly short hops and I still haven't found anything?

NG+ removes an important ability you need to find the secrets. Don't end the game after beating the boss.

ZombAid82

Than make it a "NX" or "Nintendo eShop" version ;)

Would love one, but just writing support for the NX when there aren't even Devkit's out, so it would be very shady from them to implement this Information right away.

BTW nice artstyle for the Game, but such a Long time till release.
Gonna download the prototype and then i make my decision.

Does the developer have any love for Nintendo?
Honest Question^^
Do you consider it, Ravidrath?

Thud

Prototype looks and plays good, although the difficulty ups with the bigger enemies .The page on indiegogo is very clear while providing a lot of information.

I'm considering backing it :).

kulapik

Playing the demo, didn't even realize there was such thing as axe jumps until I came here to find an answer, maybe there was a prompt and I skipped it. And yeah, I saw there was an axe there, but it didn't help much.

Finally got a chance to play the prototype. I'm not going to give my impressions just yet because I spent most my time acclimatizing myself to the various systems as I kept getting tripped up by what was different from Valkyrie Profile.

Quick early critiques though; I find that its very easy to accidentally switch targets when doing an up or down attack.

Also, maybe I'm just dumb, but the UI seems to shift depending on which direction Ajna is facing when initiating combat, and for some reason that tends to confuse me as to who is mapped to which button. I think this is just me though and I should be able to sort this out once I've spent more time on this.

Tried the prototype and backed last night. Even before I had a chance to give it a try, when I heard combat zoomed in on the field directly I imagined that changing the button prompt for characters depending on which side they're on would be a MASSIVE headache. Very glad to see the option added to lock the prompts in place, but I'm curious if it will cause confusion now when trying to block attacks.

In any case the battles were fun and the character animations look great already. My only criticism would be that axe jumping feels very finicky with such a small point in the jump activating the wall grab (unless I'm doing something wrong).

Hoping it makes it to the goal. Looking forward to it.

Gbraga

Also, maybe I'm just dumb, but the UI seems to shift depending on which direction Ajna is facing when initiating combat, and for some reason that tends to confuse me as to who is mapped to which button. I think this is just me though and I should be able to sort this out once I've spent more time on this.

There's an option to fix this in the newest version!

Top Bottom