• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indivisible: Valkyrie Profile/Metroid, Indiegogo, PC/Mac/Linux/PS4/XB1 -- funded!

impact

Banned
Looks great, I hope it gets funded. Will definitely buy it on Steam if it does, but that seems like a lot of money. GL.

Shahed

Played the prototype and I have to say it's really good so far. When i first heard of the project i was quite reserved about it, but based on this prototype I don't really have any worries. My only issue is that I have to wait till 2018 :(

Now how much to back...

Ravidrath

Played the prototype and I have to say it's really good so far. When i first heard of the project i was quite reserved about it, but based on this prototype I don't really have no worries. My only issue is that I have to wait till 2018 :(

Now how much to back...

Glad you enjoyed it!

And this is only the tip of the iceberg. We designed the systems, figured out a new production pipeline and built everything in 3-4 months.

Labadal

How much is shipping? I'm interested in the $60 tier but don't want to end up with outrageous shipping costs.

NVM, saw the shipping cost.

Shahed

Glad you enjoyed it!

And this is only the tip of the iceberg. We designed the systems, figured out a new production pipeline and built everything in 3-4 months.

Since I don't really game on PC, I had a little mess around figuring out how to run it. I had to get DX9 for Windows 8 first, and when reading the README txt file, i got confused between the control scheme looking for Button 1 and R1 at the same time. My own fault! I assumed it would be keyboard and mouse only, so it was a pleasant surprise to see it auto detected my PS4 pad.

Say I get the $60 Tier. That will ship to UK right? And I can redeem the digital code on my UK PSN Account?

Shizuka

Ravidrath, I'll download the prototype and share the word among my friends. Even though I can't back the project since I won't really play the game on the platforms announced, I wish the best for you and your team!

FoneBone

Game looks great (I'll try the prototype when I get the chance), and I commend the devs' transparency about their budget and financing, but I'll have to join with the skeptics. The goal and $30 price point are both very high for a game of this ilk without franchise or creator name recognition behind it.

Labadal

Yep. Sorry Lab Zero, but I ain't backing anything through Indiegogo.

This is a fixed goal. They either reach the goal or get nothing. The don't get to keep $1 million if it should end there, they'd get $0.

Not that I am telling anyone else what to do.

Ravidrath

How much is shipping? I'm interested in the $60 tier but don't want to end up with outrageous shipping costs.

Shipping is included for domestic, and $15 for rest of the world.

It's a little steep, but all the international rates went up between when our last campaign ended and we shipped things, and it REALLY made staying on budget difficult. And unfortunately I don't see that trend ending.

Ravidrath, I'll download the prototype and share the word among my friends. Even though I can't back the project since I won't really play the game on the platforms announced, I wish the best for you and your team!

Thanks so much!

Every bit helps.

androvsky

Indiegogo doesn't charge unless it's funded right? Like KS?

I really want to back this for $60, but can't afford it right now.

From what I understand you'll be charged right away, but you'll be refunded if the project doesn't meet the goal. I'd suggest holding off until you're sure you can afford it.

Labadal

Shipping is included for domestic, and $15 for rest of the world.

It's a little steep, but all the international rates went up between when our last campaign ended and we shipped things, and it REALLY made staying on budget difficult.

Yeah, I am well aware of how rates are going right now. Can't import anything for cheap these days.

Ravidrath

Saw it afterwards, my bad. I didn't know Indiegogo allowed for fixed campaigns now.

They always have, as far as I know, but I think a majority of campaigns there don't use them.

I certainly wouldn't give to a Flexible Funding campaign for a game, so I understand.

Say I get the $60 Tier. That will ship to UK right? And I can redeem the digital code on my UK PSN Account?

Yes and yes.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Played the prototype and loved it, plus I dig the setting and main character design a lot... so I'm in for $250. :) Good luck on the campaign, Lab Zero! I'll be pushing the prototype and IGG page at everyone I know, heh.

Cmagus

Almost at 50K already in just 4 hours which is pretty damn good. Need to get the word out on this none of the major sites have picked up on it yet.

Ravidrath

Almost at 50K already in just 4 hours which is pretty damn good. Need to get the word out on this none of the major sites have picked up on it yet.

Major sites are all on the West Coast, and probably most haven't even had their coffee yet.

Skidd

I'm pretty sure it just wasn't implemented yet into the prototype, but is there ledge grapping? Felt like that was the only major pet peeve of mine when platforming. Couple of times I had Ajna literally touch the edge and have her wall jump away from the platform, often to where there was no room for recovery, causing me to redo the process.

That and the axe input, apparently you can't hold the stick towards the wall you want to grab on to or else Ajna will just do a regular swing in the air. A little finicky imo at the moment, took me a moment to get used to the mechanic especially since it constantly pushes you away from the wall a bit.

Otherwise, this felt like a really solid prototype. I was a bit skeptical about the combat at first (mainly because I've never played VP) but the moment I performed my first three-person-combo, suddenly the game clicked with me and I had a huge stupid grin on my face.

I was in the day this was announced anyway (for the art), but yeah this proto certainly has me excited for more now.

Ravidrath

I'm pretty sure it just wasn't implemented yet into the prototype, but is there ledge grapping? Felt like that was the only major pet peeve of mine when platforming. Couple of times I had Ajna literally touch the edge and have her wall jump away from the platform, often to where there was no room for recovery, causing me to redo the process.

That and the axe input, apparently you can't hold the stick towards the wall you want to grab on to or else Ajna will just do a regular swing in the air. A little finicky imo at the moment, took me a moment to get used to the mechanic especially since it constantly pushes you away from the wall a bit.

Otherwise, this felt like a really solid prototype. I was a bit skeptical about the combat at first (mainly because I've never played VP) but the moment I performed my first three-person-combo, suddenly the game clicked with me and I had a huge stupid grin on my face.

I was in the day this was announced anyway (for the art), but yeah this proto certainly has me excited for more now.

No plans for ledge grabbing - may just need to adjust the edge tolerances a bit more.

For the axe, you don't have to angle any way at all - just hold the button when you swing to hold on.

hupla

I imgane once the typical youtubers like 2bfp and whatever do videos on the prototype we'll see a decent spike in pledges I really hope this gets funded and then some

Fishious

Plopped down $100 based on the pitch and the initial GAF thread. Once I've had a chance to play the prototype I may up it.

I'm a fighting game scrub so I never got deep into Skullgirls, but despite that I was really impressed by the game, it's tutorial, art, and really everything. Indivisible is much more up my alley so I'm willing to thrown down some money because I feel that Lab Zero has already done a lot to prove themselves. It looks like it's going to be a difficult road to $1.5 million, but I really hope this makes it.

ZoronMaro

I downloaded the prototype, can't wait to play it as soon as I get home. Given everything I've ever seen from Lab Zero I have a strong feeling I'll love this (and maybe I won't suck since it's not a hard core fighting game).

Money's tight for me now, but that Art Compendium is tantalizing. What'll be in that? I assume it'll be similar to the one for Skullgirls?

Ravidrath

I downloaded the prototype, can't wait to play it as soon as I get home. Given everything I've ever seen from Lab Zero I have a strong feeling I'll love this (and maybe I won't suck since it's not a hard core fighting game).

Money's tight for me now, but that Art Compendium is tantalizing. What'll be in that? I assume it'll be similar to the one for Skullgirls?

Yeah, same concept as Skullgirls' - all concept, production art, frame dumps, the works.

I mean, as far as "safe" crowdfunding investments go, you can't get much safer than this:

-Actual playable prototype so you can get a taste of what the game will be like yourself
-From a developer that has delivered successful indie/crowdfunding projects before
-Very clear on the budget required, not hiding the fact that they have a publisher backing them or setting a low up-front goal and putting half the content/platforms behind stretch goals
-A release date that might actually be realistic, as opposed to other projects that have promised releases in <2 years and slipped by 6-12 months or more.

Ravidrath

I mean, as far as "safe" crowdfunding investments go, you can't get much safer than this:

-Actual playable prototype so you can get a taste of what the game will be like yourself
-From a developer that has delivered successful indie/crowdfunding projects before
-Very clear on the budget required, not hiding the fact that they have a publisher backing them or setting a low up-front goal and putting half the content/platforms behind stretch goals
-A release date that might actually be realistic, as opposed to other projects that have promised releases in <2 years and slipped by 6-12 months or more.

B-B-But I'm not Inafune. ; _ ;

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Pitched in $60, super excited for this. Loved the concept from the first time I saw it and its such a cool idea, excellent next step for the team as well.

Top Bottom