• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indivisible: Valkyrie Profile/Metroid, Indiegogo, PC/Mac/Linux/PS4/XB1 -- funded!

Lime

For the new page because it deserves it

Unfortunately can't financially contribute in the foreseeable future, either, so I'm trying to signal boost the campaign however and wherever I can. Hope this'll help raise awareness, at least?

(and yes, the newest incarnation was announced just as I was halfway through coloring this, so I just like to pretend she's somewhere in the background)

fe2cff7c-8d71-4b6c-8dg3zty.jpg

New $550k Incarnation, live!

Toko is one of the only surviving Resolute in Yashima, forced into hiding after a failed rebellion. Of her nine siblings, she is the only one who survived the resulting massacre.

So she's Valentine right? Ninja nurse background swapped for Samurai Nun. I'll take it.

Moonlight

Banned
Unfortunately can't financially contribute in the foreseeable future, either, so I'm trying to signal boost the campaign however and wherever I can. Hope this'll help raise awareness, at least?

(and yes, the newest incarnation was announced just as I was halfway through coloring this, so I just like to pretend she's somewhere in the background)
This is amazing. :0

So she's Valentine right? Ninja nurse background swapped for Samurai Nun. I'll take it.
...haha, didn't even realize some of the similarities in the background.

Beats

This is probably my favorite Incarnation. Also from the update:

We have an awesome announcement coming up that will coincide with the release of the prototype on Tuesday, so stay tuned! This ain't over yet!

Curious to see what that will be.

Ravidrath

Vita and Wii U will never happen.

I mean, surely everyone's noticed that the Vita port is taking us a lot longer than we anticipated, and this game is more system intensive than Skullgirls.

And the PS4 version doesn't use all the PS4's RAM by a longshot, but it already uses more than the Wii U has available.

Crocodile

I could tell from earlier art that she had a religious angle but I did not see the Samurai angle coming at all. Cool

Oh yeah!

On Wednesday, November 4th at 3:00 PM PST, the Lab Zero team will be hosting an AMA on Reddit! Come ask the team your burning questions.

Neat. Prepare your butts for
"Why didn't you use Kickstarter?"
and
"What happens if you don't hit your goal?"
being asked over and over again though. Also
"Where did that advertising support IGG promise go?" - no seriously I'm personally asking this, what was the deal with that?
Hopefully some cool/interesting info and new/more interest comes out of this.

suzu

New $550k Incarnation, live!

Toko is one of the only surviving Resolute in Yashima, forced into hiding after a failed rebellion. Of her nine siblings, she is the only one who survived the resulting massacre. Though almost unbearable, she views these trials as a test of faith, and they serve only to strengthen her belief.

To the Resolute, Kala's appearance marks the beginning of the end of days, and thus the beginning of their task to save as many unenlightened souls as possible before the final judgement.

Blessed with great skill and seemingly divine strength of will, Toko vows to vanquish the evils of this land. Her faith, like her blade, is straight and true, unwavering in its conviction. Learning more about the true source of her power, however, will put her devotion to the ultimate test.

Wow, awesome new incarnation.

This is great~

Nyoro SF

I was only half-joking about revealing the samurai character :p

That being said, I enjoy the design quite a lot; battle nuns all day.

Usobuko

Banned
I hope this game get made no matter what.

The world needs more female, dark-skinned and Southeast Asian influences leads.

Gbraga

Toko is so cool. Samurai Nun works incredibly well, and the cross shaped blades are amazing. Reminds me of Wolfwood.

Ravidrath

I hope this game get made no matter what.

The world needs more female, dark-skinned and Southeast Asian influences leads.

I have some legitimate concern that if we're not funded that it will make people shy away from that. :\

When we were pitching the game to publishers, we had at least one comment that it was "ballsy" to have a dark-skinned female lead. One or the other would've been fine, but both was possibly a lot for them to process.

I have some legitimate concern that if we're not funded that it will make people shy away from that. :\

When we were pitching the game to publishers, we had at least one comment that it was "ballsy" to have a dark-skinned female lead. One or the other would've been fine, but both was possibly a lot for them to process.

Kinda sad. It says something about the market and when creators have free reign and whatnot. Such as how lucky Yoko Taro is with Nier 2, but most other creators, like you guys, it seems are at the mercy of marketing and the masses.

While folks could clamor for more diversity and better treatment of females, it doesn't look like the market would reflect that if that really is the case.

I really do hope this game gets funded. Muv-Luv hitting 1 million with only 6k~ contributors makes me think whether its the reward tiers would help.

I know many people were convinced to donate $150 for muv luv just solely based on the value.

Ravidrath

Kinda sad. It says something about the market and when creators have free reign and whatnot. Such as how lucky Yoko Taro is with Nier 2, but most other creators, like you guys, it seems are at the mercy of marketing and the masses.

While folks could clamor for more diversity and better treatment of females, it doesn't look like the market would reflect that if that really is the case.

Yeah, I mean, we're not big, and neither is out budget.

But if anything that should mean it's less risky to take these kinds of chances, and if we fail just a lot of people are going to look for reasons, and some will invariably land on that.

Crocodile

Reading/hearing stuff like that pisses me off. Again, I don't mean to be cynical but I do think exploiting the "social justice" angle here isn't the worst idea. Like talk to the MarySue or FemFrequency?

I really do hope this game gets funded. Muv-Luv hitting 1 million with only 6k~ contributors makes me think whether its the reward tiers would help.

I know many people were convinced to donate $150 for muv luv just solely based on the value.

Some new tiers (especially near the lower end?) might be beneficial for this campaign to have near the end to persuade fence-sitters and internationals who might be hurt by the relatively strong dollar. The $350 tier for example didn't really seem to budge the needle much. Or finding ways to increase value for certain tiers in a way that won't hurt your budget.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Yeah, I mean, we're not big, and neither is out budget.

But if anything that should mean it's less risky to take these kinds of chances, and if we fail just a lot of people are going to look for reasons, and some will invariably land on that.

I've already seen comments to the effect of, "the SJWs got inside Lab Zero's head and brainwashed them into pitching a game that's going to destroy their studio" so yeah, look forward to a whole lot more of that garbage if your campaign fails.

Backed at $60.

To be this transparent about the funding process, and on top of that to produce a playable prototype, and on top of that for that prototype to be so phenomenally beautiful and mechanically polished is just... unbelievable. This is what every crowdfunding effort should aspire to be. Thank you.

UCBooties

I think this looks fantastic but I'm pretty pessimistic about the campaign. :-/

It just doesn't seem like it will get the momentum it needs to hit that goal before the deadline. 1.5 mil seems way too ambitious for the level of support this is getting. Hopefully things like the Iga nod and the Reddit AMA give it a big boost. Will be very sad if this does not work out.

Ravidrath

I've already seen comments to the effect of, "the SJWs got inside Lab Zero's head and brainwashed them into pitching a game that's going to destroy their studio" so yeah, look forward to a whole lot more of that garbage if your campaign fails.

Don't give those people a second thought - we're not.

Backed at $60.

To be this transparent about the funding process, and on top of that to produce a playable prototype, and on top of that for that prototype to be so phenomenally beautiful and mechanically polished is just... unbelievable. This is what every crowdfunding effort should aspire to be. Thank you.

Thanks so much for your support!

Plopped down 250$ to the cause. From one industry guy to another I really appreciate the honesty towards your campaign. Here's hoping for the best!!

BTA

Realized I probably wasn't getting around to playing the prototype in time, so I went and gave you guys my $60 as planned. Here's hoping tomorrow's PSN release helps!

Lime

I hope this is an ace-in-the-hole for Lab Zero. It seems like a hail mary of a sort, but I severely hope it goes through.

I wonder what Japan and the Valkyrie Profile crowd over there thinks of it.

Link me to your deviantart page.

Zero3K

I think that the store page for the prototype should include a link to the campaign page and/or a button to donate to it.

DrArchon

I think that the store page for the prototype should include a link to the campaign page and/or a button to donate to it.

I'm sure Sony has plenty of rules about that kind of stuff on their online store (or maybe they don't, uncharted territory and all that), but yeah I'll love for at least a mention of Indiegogo so people don't go looking for it on Kickstarter and then give up.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Will definitely play this prototype and maybe contribute once payday comes for me. Love the artstyle, character designs and story and world but jrpgs/turn base battles arnt my cup of tea but from the hype the best friends podcast instilled in me i just have to play it.

Will definitely play this prototype and maybe contribute once payday comes for me. Love the artstyle, character designs and story and world but jrpgs/turn base battles arnt my cup of tea but from the hype the best friends podcast instilled in me i just have to play it.
Plays more like a fighting game than a traditional turn-based game. Combos, juggles, blocks, specials, etc.

Oreiller

There is a lot of combo potential towards the end of the prototype so you would probably enjoy it if you like fighting games.

Top Bottom