• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Industria, a Half-Life/Portal 2/David Lynch inspiried indie FPS, coming in 2021

Game is being developed by just two people. Announce trailer (game is using Unreal Engine 4):

Publisher Headup and developer Bleakmill has today announced an upcoming FPS called Industria, slated for launch in Q1 2021. A press release sent to Twinfinite cites Half-Life 2 and Portal 2 as inspirations for its dystopian setting, and it’s a pastiche that’s on full display in the game’s first trailer.

The story’s premise is inspired by the work of American filmmaker David Lynch, who directed iconic sci-fi movies such as Dune.

As for gameplay, Industria is a story-driven shooter that’s about four hours in length. Players will have access to four different weapons as they fend off robotic enemies throughout what appears to be a fairly linear design.

edit

Thanks crumbs crumbs

Steam page is up now.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Cool, gonna keep an eye on this one. Looks weird.

I'm continually impressed by the games these small studios can put together. Dev tools and engines have come such a long way. I love it.

Might try my hand at some level design some day. I have a few ideas, dreams, premonitions? of other worlds that have embedded themselves into my brain. Would really like to realize them in some way.

-YFC-

Wow, this looks amazing. I'm in. And that UE4 engine is pure gold, I love when games use that engine, it looks insane.

"Not many games are set around the fall of the Berlin Wall "

592467-Industria.jpg

Industria, a first-person shooter set in a parallel dimension "shortly before the end of the Cold War," looks cool enough. Not out-of-this-world cool, or give-it-to-me-now cool, but cool enough. It's the kind of game you might see pop up on Steam, give a once-over, and toss on your wishy-washy wishlist.

Bleakmill was inspired by Half-Life 2 and David Lynch, which is a hell of a jumping-off point.

With a 2021 PC release in mind, the independent studio is aiming to pull off a four-hour-long story set in a reality with humanoid robots – a realm described as "Berlin at the time of the fall of the wall meets a surreal industrialized city." Nora, the protagonist, follows a missing colleague's trail into an abandoned research facility. She treads "right into the heart of the universe, where time seems to stand still."

I hope they get out-of-control weird with this one. The freaky lumbering giant is a good start.

Top Bottom