• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFamous 2 site registered by SCEA

yencid

Registrant:
SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA INC.
ATTN INFAMOUS2THEGAME.COM
care of Network Solutions
PO Box 459
Drums, PA. US 18222

Domain Name: INFAMOUS2THEGAME.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA INC.

ATTN INFAMOUS2THEGAME.COM
care of Network Solutions
PO Box 459
Drums, PA 18222
US
570-708-8780

Record expires on 27-Apr-2011.
Record created on 27-Apr-2010.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.SCEA.COM 160.33.44.69
NS2.SCEA.COM 160.33.44.67
NS3.SCEA.COM 160.33.160.127
NS4.SCEA.COM 160.33.56.28

http://whois.domaintools.com/infamous2thegame.com

EDIT: the original link was not working so i linked to the whois link instead :/

Trevelyan

Banned
rataplein said:
Is really that surprising?.

Come on...
Not surprising, but still awesome to hear nonetheless. inFamous was runner-up for my goty last year and I eagerly anticipate the sequel.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
rataplein said:

Come on...

I hate comments like this. Yes, I realized it was probably happening. It's still cool to know that it is indeed happening and that it is happening soon.

Big-ass Ramp

darkwing said:
maybe that list is really real :lol

Black Wii is coming to the US.

In just over a month, you will see that I can indeed predict the future and shall worship me as though I were a god.

Does anyone else miss the days where getting a sequel to a cool game was a surprise and not something hyped about to high heavens and divulged even before the first game comes out?

Big-ass Ramp

I AM JOHN! said:
Does anyone else miss the days where getting a sequel to a cool game was a surprise and not something hyped about to high heavens and divulged even before the first game comes out?

I miss smoke signals. Made communication seem so much more real, you know?

yencid

dude if infamous and starhawk are announced by sony im happy... after that all i want is to see the reval of the two games vigil games is working on (warhammer 40k mmo and darksiders 2)

daegan

If someone told me before inFamous came out that I would be this excited for news on its sequel, I'd have laughed heartily.

Please take your time and GET IT RIGHT, guys.

Also I'm surprisingly ok with them recasting Cole. Original wasn't bad but wasn't great either.

Big Ass Ramp said:
I miss smoke signals. Made communication seem so much more real, you know?
Hey man, joke about it all you want, but the more I think about it, the more I realize how much I value stealth/unexpected announcements like Dead Rising 2, MvC3 and Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 (funny how they're all Capcom examples, eh?), scenarios in which I never expected sequels to happen only for them to lift the curtain and make me freak the eff out. It makes a sequel feel more... special, you know?

But this is all beside the point. I will play an inFAMOUS sequel; hopefully they won't put in the worst story ever this time.

kenta

Has no PEINS
I liked the first game a bunch. I hope they can get past the technical issues this time, but I'm in. Let's spice up the side missions too while we're at it

It was fairly obvious after looking at how the first one ended with a tease of the events that are gonna take place in a few weeks in the game and how the story itself (especially the ending) has so many possibilities...

rataplein

Big Ass Ramp said:
I hate comments like this. Yes, I realized it was probably happening. It's still cool to know that it is indeed happening and that it is happening soon.

Yeah... but in my mind it was already happening, it was like obvious... so maybe that's why im not "excited" or "surprised"

Anyway, i really want to know what are they going to do with the powers you gained through the game.
Probably loose them someway?.

Apath

Was it ever a question?

Now remove some of the tedium, change the annoying as fuck noise his shoes make, and we'll have a winner!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Very very happy. I fucking loved inFamous.

AAK

Interesting, sucker punch better realize the franchise properly with part 2. The fundamentals of Infamous 1 were absolutely perfect, it was just that there were very few missions that utilized all of them properly. It really could have been the greatest sandbox game ever conceived had they played their cards right. oh well.

Also still pissed how being good or evil had no consequence on the overall story and therefore, no branching storypaths/outcomes.

But all in all, I really enjoyed it.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I really hope they follow through on the story from the first game, and we finally see the prophecy from the first game come true.

The game is begging for it.

(the twist at the end of the first game made the ending for me)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Kagari said:
You shouldn't be surprised by Sony announcing sequels, especially for Infamous.

*cough*Legendofdragoon2*cough*

yencid

thetrin said:
I really hope they follow through on the story from the first game, and we finally see the prophecy from the first game come true.

The game is begging for it.

(the twist at the end of the first game made the ending for me)
i really think its going to be a trilogy and the full prophecy will happen in the third one (or he will stop it)

thetrin

yencid said:
i really think its going to be a trilogy and the full prophecy will happen in the third one (or he will stop it)

I'm willing to believe that, but who knows what's going to happen now? The prophecy was already messed up in the first game.

i-Lo

Had expected it but great to see it become a true fact now!

Loved the first game. Got my first platinum there. It was a reasonably well balanced game to achieve platinum in.

Also, I hope the story is as good as the last one (actually, I hope it's better). Would prefer a deeper choice system beyond just one good and one evil answer (still won't be a deal breaker if it isn't there).

Oh yea, Sucker Punch did say that they were using a generic engine last time and that they would be using a proprietary engine based around PS3's unique architecture with their next game. I can't wait for them show it off at E3 this year.

I AM JOHN! said:
Hey man, joke about it all you want, but the more I think about it, the more I realize how much I value stealth/unexpected announcements like Dead Rising 2, MvC3 and Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 (funny how they're all Capcom examples, eh?), scenarios in which I never expected sequels to happen only for them to lift the curtain and make me freak the eff out. It makes a sequel feel more... special, you know?

But this is all beside the point. I will play an inFAMOUS sequel; hopefully they won't put in the worst story ever this time.
Oh man. Absolutely. I loved the MvC3 reveal. "BAM! It's real, bitches!" :lol

MrPliskin

Banned
rataplein said:

Come on...

Keep bringing the rain dude, obviously you don't like this parade.

I AM JOHN! said:

You honestly don't believe it was the worst story ever, do you?

thetrin

I AM JOHN! said:

inFamous had the worst story ever? REALLY?

I AM JOHN! said:
I will play an inFAMOUS sequel; hopefully they won't put in the worst story ever this time.

That crown has already been taken.

Modern_Warfare_2_cover.PNG

Top Bottom