• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous and Sly are 100% returning - Shpeshal Nick

cormack12

Gold Member
oAgq5P.jpg

Sly is not being developed by Sucker Punch apparently. Might be a remake or new game, not known. Guy has a decent track record, but not perfect.

SSfox

Never cared about both those franchise.

Tried InFamous and found it boring. In other hand Never tried Sly but don't find appealing and usually those kind are not my type.

But when it comes to GOT I was excited AF since the first teaser, i freaking loved the game from start to end.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I used to love infamous, but I'm really thinking im done with another open world assassins creed esc style game for the Playstation.

I still have GoT to complete haha.

Bring on Sly though.

DeepSpace5D

I’d be cool with both. Sly not being developed by Sucker Punch is not something new, but if Infamous is being developed by someone else that’d be a first.

I would imagine Sucker Punch is working on a Ghost of Tsushima sequel, but maybe they went back to Infamous. Do they have two full teams now?

Last edited:

GymWolf

I'm done with both a remaster of the first 2 or a sequel to cole story.

Not trusting any insider tho.

Last edited:

yurinka

I think these rumors are bullshit. In any case, I'd ask Sucker Punch to have 2 teams to work on GoT2 and a new IP. I wouldn't waste their talent with Sly or Infamous or their other Sony teams in these series when they have Uncharted, Days Gone, Killzone, Wipeout, Gravity Rush, Loco Roco, Parappa Syphon Filter and so on sleeping.

Guy has a decent track record, but not perfect.
Maybe I'm missing something but I'd bet all Nick's PS related rumors are lies from him or his 'sources'.

As far as I remember he said several rumors regarding PS and none of them has been confirmed like these ones, seem just fan guesses. In fact some of them were games that were supposed to be at Sony events this summer that as of now never have been announced.

He also mentioned the Kojima working for Xbox thing, and later Kojima announced Death Stranding Director's Cut and after that Norman Reedus said they were negotiating for its sequel. Kojima also mentioned that during the pandemic they weren't pretty productive, the team is relatively small and they released during the pandeminc DS PC, DS DC and seem to be working on the preproduction of the sequel. So it would be pretty unlikely that they would be working on a game for MS.

He also commented a few other confirmed rumors that were initially mentioned by someone else. Did he initially mention a single PS related rumor/leake that ended being confirmed?

Maybe Sanzaru games are making one.
Nope, more than a year and a half ago they were acquired by Facebook to make Oculus games.

I wonder if PixelOpus are making a Sly Cooper game that ties in with an animated Sly Cooper movie by Sony Pictures.
Pixel Opus is working on an Unreal Engine 5 PS5 game in collaboration with Sony Pictures Animation. Even if they have been growing and will get help from Sony Pictures, they are a very small team, they only were a few dozen guys when released their last game and had a couple of VR incubation teams (to add a VR mode for the game) and interns.

So I'd bet they are making a PSVR2 compatible game that maybe uses a Sony Pictures IP instead.

Last edited:

Alandring

I enjoyed InFamous: Second Son and would like a new game, but Ghost of Tsushima was more successful, so I think Sucker Punch will focus on its sequel.

If Sucker Punch can handle multiple game developments at the same time, as Insomniac did with Spider-Man/Ratchet & Clank, it would be cool.

How come it's never "Metal Gear and Silent Hill are returning". They should do one last game starring Solid Snake that is similar to that movie Logan, where he has to return to the jungle or something.

Arun1910

I think he bats a 0.
One of his recent rumours was about Remedy working on a Sony exclusive. Which they’ve since announced a multi platform Alan Wake remaster.
That's what I was looking for. Seems like some no name guy on the Internet saying something random.

kyliethicc

Pixel Opus is working on an Unreal Engine 5 PS5 game in collaboration with Sony Pictures Animation. Even if they have been growing and will get help from Sony Pictures, they are a very small team, they only were a few dozen guys when released their last game and had a couple of VR incubation teams (to add a VR mode for the game) and interns.

So I'd bet they are making a PSVR2 compatible game that maybe uses a Sony Pictures IP instead.

Ratchet & Clank film
Uncharted film
The Last of Us show
Ghost of Tsushima film
Twisted Metal show
and more

PixelOpus are done making games like Entwined & Concrete Genie. Those days died when Layden quit. Sony Pictures / PlayStation Productions are making films & shows based on PlayStation games. Not the other way around. Sony Pictures are clearly making an animated film based on a PlayStation IP. Unreal Engine is used in the film industry. They're obviously working on some IP for both a film and a game, alongside PixelOpus, and will probably share assets created for the film and the game's cutscenes. Sly Cooper is an obvious candidate for an animated movie and a new game.

Just like when Sony made Ratchet film in 2016, they had a game ready. They're making a Twisted Metal game to into the Twisted Metal TV show. Sly Cooper would make another easy kid friendly animated movie and a kid friendly 3D platformer. PixelOpus have to step up eventually, or get shutdown.

yurinka

Ratchet & Clank film
Uncharted film
The Last of Us show
Ghost of Tsushima film
Twisted Metal show
and more

PixelOpus are done making games like Entwined & Concrete Genie. Those days died when Layden quit. Sony Pictures / PlayStation Productions are making films & shows based on PlayStation games. Not the other way around. Sony Pictures are clearly making an animated film based on a PlayStation IP. Unreal Engine is used in the film industry. They're obviously working on some IP for both a film and a game, alongside PixelOpus, and will probably share assets created for the film and the game's cutscenes. Sly Cooper is an obvious candidate for an animated movie and a new game.

Just like when Sony made Ratchet film in 2016, they had a game ready. They're making a Twisted Metal game to into the Twisted Metal TV show. Sly Cooper would make another easy kid friendly animated movie and a kid friendly 3D platformer. PixelOpus have to step up eventually, or get shutdown.
You are totally wrong, PixelOpus is working on a new PS5 VIDEOGAME for PlayStation Studios in collaboration with Sony Pictures Animation using UE5:

Hermen Hulst also mentioned several times that he's proud of their small and creative games like Astrobot, Dreams and so on, and that will continue making them. That bullshit of Sony focusing only in a few huge blockbuster series is a Jason Schreier lie already debunked several times. Hermen said around half of the over two dozen games they have under development are new IPs an that they will make both big and small games.

Shawn Layden was only a year and a half in charge of Worldwide Studios, so his influence on the first party portfolio was very limited. Before that he was President and CEO of SCEA during 4 years, so wasn't involve in Worldwide Studios but focused instead on selling PlayStation stuff in USA and to be the E3 host salesman.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

You are totally wrong, PixelOpus is working on a new PS5 VIDEOGAME for PlayStation Studios in collaboration with Sony Pictures Animation using UE5:

Hermen Hulst also mentioned several times that he's proud of their small and creative games like Astrobot, Dreams and so on, and that will continue making them. That bullshit of Sony focusing only in a few huge blockbuster series is a Jason Schreier lie already debunked several times.

Shawn Layden was only a year and a half in charge of Worldwide Studios, so his influence on the first party portfolio was very limited. Before that he was President and CEO of SCEA during 4 years, so wasn't involve in Worldwide Studios but focuse instead on selling PlayStation stuff in USA and to be the E3 host salesman.

Of course they're making a game duh. That's what I said.

yurinka

Of course they're making a game duh. That's what I said.
You said 'Pixelopus is done making game like Entwined and Concrete Genie', 'Sony Pictures / PlayStation Productions are making films & shows based on PlayStation games. Not the other way around. Sony Pictures are clearly making an animated film based on a PlayStation IP' and that 'they're obviously working on some IP for both a film and a game, alongside PixelOpus, and will probably share assets created for the film and the game's cutscenes'.

But we know this project is a videogame, not a movie. One of Sony's goals is to increase collaboration between their divisions and for this specific case they mentioned to their investors that Sony Pictures Animation, who until now only made animation films, this time will work in a videogame instead, collaborating with PixelOpus.

As of now we now a good amount of the over 25 games PlayStation Studios had under development when Hermen mentioned it and pretty much all of them are sequels, so most of the unannounced/unknown ones like this specific project very likely will be new IPs. PixelOpus is a small team that makes smaller, more experimental projects so very likely they won't give them a known IP or a large game. Very likely will be another smaller, shorter, artsy game. And I bet will be for PSVR2 because they will release the device pretty likely next year or so and don't seem to have many more teams working on launch window games.

If later they want to reuse the (cutscene) game assets for a movie they can do it, it's easy because they are standard and can export them to any other project tool they would use. No need to collaborate with the animation studio other than to send them the assets. But as of now this project seems to involve only a game.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
This is amazing news, and hopefully legit! I never finished Second Son on PS4 so i wonder if i should go back and play it all over again now that i have a PS5?

Either way, a new Infamous and new Sly Cooper would be awesome!!!

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
You can keep your spiderman and God of war. Just give me infamous. I freaking love those games.

I want another INFAMOUS but not with the super serious tone of Second Son. Maybe I'm misrembering things but there was a lot more wacky stuff going on in Infamous 1 and 2.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Second Son was a better game than anything I played from Naughty Dog. Loved it.

I wasn't that into the first 2. I have zero attachment to Sly Cooper also.

Keihart

I want another INFAMOUS but not with the super serious tone of Second Son. Maybe I'm misrembering things but there was a lot more wacky stuff going on in Infamous 1 and 2.
Infamous 1 couldn't be more "serious"
It was so "serious" that it was funny at times, in a not intended way.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Seriously. I thought Second Son was one of the few games with a relatively care-free main character. I actually thought the voice acting from Troy Baker was 100x more likeable than in The Last of Us, simply because he seemed to playing a character closer to himself in real life. Just a laid back guy that gets powers and has fun with it.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting

I'm not talking about the narrative, I'm talking about the character designs and the way the powers inserted themselves in the world. The PS3 games felt more like comic books (which was clearly the original intent). Second Son felt lost quite a bit of that charm.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I'm not talking about the narrative, I'm talking about the character designs and the way the powers inserted themselves in the world. The PS3 games felt more like comic books (which was clearly the original intent). Second Son felt lost quite a bit of that charm.
I think their main goal was to just come with up powers that were all relatively new and not done in comics before. Neon light manipulation, video manifestation, smoke manipulation, having a beanie that never flies off your head despite diving 100 ft vertically at high speed. Original stuff.

Top Bottom