• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFamous Demo Impressions

jmd494

If I go and pre-order this shit on Bestbuy.com and cancel immediately, will I get a code emailed to me?

When I pass this one segment in Demon's Soul, I shall download it. But it's been over an hour since I started and I'm only slightly past where I was. Damn this.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think the game looks really good. It's a little jaggy, but the draw distance is nice. The animations are SO sly cooper.

This game feels like sly cooper with realistic graphics. And by that I mean FUCK OMG

N30RYU

2e19k51.jpg

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Aliasing is definitely apparent but not too annoying. There is some nasty pop-up tho. Especially disturbing when switching to aim mode (camera zooms in and stuff pops in on the horizon). Very smooth tho.

If anyone want to share with me I'd be happy... nothing to give back in return, but I'd owe you one...

I did gave out LittleBigPlanet beta's to GAF a while back, so this would be a good time for Karma to kick in.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Baaah oh well, tohugh the early Demo was all pre-orders...

anyways, if anybody wanna be nice to, i'd appreciate it:D

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Off-screens pics and vids. That's all I want. No code begging from me.

I just had to put my TV into storage so I wouldn't be able to play anyway.

TTP said:
Aliasing is definitely apparent but not too annoying. There is some nasty pop-up tho. Especially disturbing when switching to aim mode (camera zooms in and stuff pops in on the horizon). Very smooth tho.

Is there pop-in for close objects as well? Textures?

Also, how good is the draw distance? Are ALL buildings (or at least the vast majority of them) climbable? And is the demo all islands, or just 1 island?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
TTP said:
The draw distance isn't GTA good but the detail and smoothness more than make up for it. Runs at 60 fps it seems and you are right that the aliasing is not annoying. This is definitely a 720 native game as it looks sharp. To clarify, the draw in I seen was with distant items. It's definitely not really bad but you can't view the entire map like GTA. It seems that there's more going on here with all the hective explosions and such. You can view more than enough. This isn't like a PS1 game where crap warps in. Never even noticed anything remotely that bad.

Dante

Y2Kev said:
I think the game looks really good. It's a little jaggy, but the draw distance is nice. The animations are SO sly cooper.

This game feels like sly cooper with realistic graphics. And by that I mean FUCK OMG

Music to my ears. 84%...

.GqueB.

Banned
Share share shaaaaaare. Somebody shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare. Share with me me meeeeeeee. Shaaaaaaare.

I could swore someone said Gamestop was getting a demo. Lies.

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare

I won't be having a demo but I just want to see some videos or hear some gameplay impressions.

I'm going to have to wait a bit.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Bah I guess my code works early. Downloading now...and slowly. Gonna go grab some food and come back.

ntb825

Giving my extra two codes to the two people who PM'd me first.

All gone now, sorry. If I get more, i'll post here.

It's absolutley amazing. Anything I post will sound like fanboy gushing but DAMN, it's just a fast-paced beautiful ride. I wasn't even doing the missions just blasting cars over a few blocks and trying stunts. The are some jaggies on edges (mostly on the building you aren't looking right at) but I can multi-clusterbomb a whole line of cars and there is no slowdown for me. The controls and movement are very clean, I didn't have a sinlge "I wasn't trying to do that" moment. The climbing and ledge grabing is just ace, you can bullseye anything you want to land on. Jump from the 30 story building into the top of a lightpost, sure, easy.
I like how the health isn't regeneration in this game. You can get health back fairly easily by pulling in power with L2 (even from cars' tail lights!) and you are back in the game. The difficulty is tought to judge from the demo, you get full versions of the powers you have (not all powers though) so dropping a huge truck is pretty simple. It won't be like the in the main game I know.

most said phrase while playing the demo - "oh yeah, I am sooo climbing that thing"

Finally finished. Loved it :D

EVERYTHING is scalable, see it, climb it. Not as easy as I expected, controls take some getting used to but are very responsive.

Top Bottom