• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFamous Demo Impressions

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
There you go GAF. Verdict?

From the other thread

DMPrince said:
the verticality in this game is great!!

His side climbing animation is great :lol

There rest should follow in this thread.

Trevelyan

Banned
Demo is pretty much everything i've wanted in the game since it was first announced 2 years. The verticality and scalability of everything is so awesome. The controls took me a few mins to get used to, but once they clicked I was in heaven. God Bless this game.

Septimus

Trevelyan said:
Demo is pretty much everything i've wanted in the game since it was first announced 2 years. The verticality and scalability of everything is so awesome. The controls took me a few mins to get used to, but once they clicked I was in heaven. God Bless this game.
God.. hearing this quote makes me so happy. :D
EDIT: Yeah if anyone has a sharable code, I would appreciate it since they screwed Canada this time.

Trevelyan said:

Oh man... OH MAN... I'm loving it!!! HYPE OVER 9000!!!

Zeliard

My download's finally going at a decent clip.

What kind of limits are set on the demo, since it's open-world? Is it like a time limit, or is only a part of the city accessible?

Another seemingly awesome PS3 exclusive... Can't wait for the predictable "meh" from GameSpot and the other review sites.

SnakeXs can attest to the fact that my hype meter for inFamous broke a long time ago. I've been wanting this game badly for months. So, when I say that it's even better than I was expecting, that says a lot.

And, it really is much better than I had hoped.

The platforming is fun, and it gives you a great sense of freedom and exploration. The combat is excellent. Once you start fighting exploding baddies and enemies that can teleport (Conduits) and use electricity, it gets challenging and rewarding.

Day -1.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Beat the demo. That was pretty action packed and electrifying. Decent length with 3 missions and you can roam around if you want.Not sure if there's a barrier being it's a demo but the game looks nice and runs smooth with minimal hitches. It seems like it runs at 60 FPS at times but even when it goes down it doesn't feel jarring. Good mission variety and challenging. This was only my first run but I will have to explore more as there is a lot to see. It's got that GTA life to it in which the city feels alive. This is a great demo compared to lots of hyped games, it actually delivers

Loved the demo. The first mission didn't really find it enjoyable until you play the second mission where you are actually climbing the buildings. it's so chaotic when you just jump right in and there are lots of reapers on each building shooing at you :lol

I can't wait for the game now!

I played as the evil guy second time around. i find it more enjoyable because of the shock grenades ;D

Ok, ill post my first impressions.

The intro is very well done. Lots of style, and it actually makes what would otherwise seem like a "whatever" story pretty interesting.

The control is by far the best of any sandbox game, ever. Period. Not up for debate. The only thing Id have to say as a complaint would be that he needs just a taaaaad bit more weight to him as far as jumping and running. Even though this is something that irritated the shit out of me, its not bad or irritating at all in here...just needs small bit of tweaking(not much at all).

Animation....wow...yeah, best ever in a sand box game, and some of the best this gen considering. His weight is really spot on in this regard, and it gives a much more "human" connection despite the fact that he is a super hero(villain, whatever).

Graphics...fuck what some are saying, this game looks great imo. Not only is the scale and detailing good, but more importantly, everything looks consistent. It doesnt seems like a jumbled mess of "great texture here, bad art there, stupid model yonder". Its all one cohesive package, and the end result is much better than most of the so called boundry pushers out there.

Yep, you heard right. Abstract alien is actually impressed with an open world game, and is excited about forking over the cash for this one. If you doubt this game...seriously, dont.

FUCKING SOLD...now I go back to playing more.

Does the demo come with all islands? What 3 missions are available?

DETAILS COME ON PEOPLEEEEEE !!!

Either hook me up with the demo, or spill your guts out in this thread with details, impressions, gameplay moments you enjoyed??

xS1TH L0RDx said:
best buy reservation. the only way to fly.

I pre-ordered from gamestop and they have 20 dollars of mine :-(... fistfulofmetal is the only person i know who has gotten infamous demo code from gamestop.

Fuck ugh.

LiquidMetal14

You get the layout of the whole map by hitting select. I don't really know how much is accesible but the mape seems big enough and as urkle said, it does feel quite detailed and consistent. It was fun and I wish it lasted longer

painey

I preferred it when the game was called Prototype, but at least they made the graphics alot better.

oh snap
cat-samnmax.png

I wish tomorrow's Qore gave us access to the demo instead of the U2 Beta since pretty much anyone that subscribes to Qore is also going to by Infamous.

edit: Which is why I guess they don't feel the need to offer a demo :lol

kaskade

If anyone has an extra code or something I would give you my love forever. Or if you trust me enough to share I would love you also. I would preorder the freaking game at BB but there aren't any within reasonable driving distance right now.

oneHeero said:
In store or can this be online?

always go in store just to be safe.

iamcool388 said:
I pre-ordered from gamestop and they have 20 dollars of mine :-(... fistfulofmetal is the only person i know who has gotten infamous demo code from gamestop.

Fuck ugh.

Sorry man. Cancel that shit and reserve it and best buy, is my recommendation. Gamestop can fuck off as far as I'm concerned, I've had way to many terrible experiences with them.

Hope you all have luck getting codes!

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Vyse The Legend said:
SnakeXs can attest to the fact that my hype meter for inFamous broke a long time ago. I've been wanting this game badly for months. So, when I say that it's even better than I was expecting, that says a lot.

And, it really is much better than I had hoped.

The platforming is fun, and it gives you a great sense of freedom and exploration. The combat is excellent. Once you start fighting exploding baddies and enemies that can teleport (Conduits) and use electricity, it gets challenging and rewarding.

Day -1.

Truth.

DLing now. Super slow though. Usually I get 1-2MB/sec, but this is more like 2-3 secs per MB.

xS1TH L0RDx said:
Sorry man. Cancel that shit and reserve it and best buy, is my recommendation. Gamestop can fuck off as far as I'm concerned, I've had way to many terrible experiences with them.

Hope you all have luck getting codes!

Will they give me my money back? Or at least can I transfer the money to some other game?

As of now, no luck with codes :-(

LiquidMetal14

Great atmosphere and the music is spot on. Love the explosions and when things get all hectic it's insane. The animations are great and the scalability in the environments is amazing. And it's REALLY FUN

Top Bottom