• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son - New Info!

http://gamingeverything.com/47159/new-infamous-second-son-details/

inFamous: Second Son was one of a number of PlayStation 4 titles unveiled during the console’s announcement event in February. Although Sony has already shown a debut trailer, details have been mostly kept under wraps – until now.

The latest issue of Game Informer contains a blowout of inFamous: Second Son through a 10-page cover story. We’ve rounded up some information from the magazine below, but you can find even more content – including screenshots – in the publication’s June 2013 release.

- Conduits now referred to as bioterrorists
- New area of government keeps track of the conduits: Department of Unified Protection
- Condits have been identified, holding them without trial in containment facilities
- Department of Unified Protection shows its power during an operation that doesn’t go as planned in Seattle
- Transport vehicle crashes and the conduits escape
- DUP sets up roadblocks and won’t let anyone enter/leave
- Condits have been identified, holding them without trial in containment facilities
- Department of Unified Protection shows its power during an operation that doesn’t go as planned in Seattle
- Transport vehicle crashes and the conduits escape
- DUP sets up roadblocks and won’t let anyone enter/leave
- Lots of security systems are sent out and Seattle is turned into something reminisint of an airport
- There are elevated walkways with search-lights and security cameras as well as checkpoints and scanners
- Game has parallels to post-9/11 America setting
- Security vs. freedom theme
- DUP is like the TSA

DUP guards

- DUP guards feature behavior similar to that of SWAT teams/trained military police
- Others have a seemingly supernatural ability to shield themselves and move around quickly
- Sucker Punch won’t elaborate on this further

Protagonist

- Stars 24-year-old Native American Delsin Rowe
- Delsin is the artistic type with a chip on his soldier
- Fan of anti-authoritarian street art
- Likes tagging buildings with his own art
- Very much an average guy until the conduit-transport vehicle crashes
- Delsin tries to help those in the wreck, and learns that he’s been a conduit all along with dragging an injured conduit from the area
- Soon realizes that he can control smoke
- Natural power lets him absorb other conduits’ power
- Can use more than smoke power
- Delsin is excited about his power unlike Cole

Gameplay

- Delsin can take down different forward-operating bases run by the DUP around Seattle
- Can get through these areas with force, but eliminating security systems is more effective
- Smoke projectile at Delsin’s disposal
- Also can perform a smoke-dash maneuver somewhat like Nightcrawler
- Air ducts found all across Seattle
- Can use the ducts to get around or climb like Cole
- Another technique lets Delsin throw smoking fireballs
- When Delsin descends, he can perform a “move” like Cole’s thunder drop
- Forests act as the edge of the game world
- Another move: smoke cloud; immobilize enemies
- Can restock on smoke from chimneys, destroyed cars, and even tear gas canister
- Can also use Delsin’s chain as an alternative weapon
- Absorb smoke by pressing both thumbs down on the touchpad
- Touchpad can also be used to free conduits in cells
- Team wants to simply the controls; inFamous 2 actions required multiple button presses
- One moment of the demo lets players make a decision about killing a DUP officer or not
- Can switch between entire sets of power that complement each other

General

- Sucker Punch recreated the city’s feel instead of specific road layout

Some additional info courtesy of gofreak...

- Some info on touchpad usage - Infamous currently uses it to build up 'smoke power' in the player and for example, for flicking up to open up a compartment on a machine before tapping the trigger button to fire and destroy it.

Grabbed from GE.

Sounds hot.

Dumb people are going to be mad that there's any political commentary whatsoever in their viddyagamez.

Game sounds like a blast, though.

- Stars 24-year-old Native American Delsin Rowe
- Delsin is the artistic type with a chip on his soldier
- Fan of anti-authoritarian street art
- Likes tagging buildings with his own art

Sounds like a complete tosser.

- Conduits now referred to as bioterrorists
- New area of government keeps track of the conduits: Department of Unified Protection
- Game has parallels to post-9/11 America setting
- Security vs. freedom theme
- DUP is like the TSA

Don't cut yourself, guys.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
So we go from thunder abilities to...smoke? A little underwhelming if you ask me.

ReaperXL7

awesome info, the character being Native American is a big deal for me, but there is lots of cool stuff here.

I wonder how the smoke powers will play out, how they will interact with the enviroment similar to coles electricity. Cant wait for a gameplay trailer.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
hFJg9fT.jpg

Takuya

Banned
GamingEverything.

I didn't link to the site as it appears to have scans to other games.

Okay sounds good. The actual article page doesn't have scans, haven't tried looking for any either, but better safe than sorry.

Great info all around, but need to see more for sure.

Hindle

Banned
The powers still make the game sound like just another TPS. The smoke bomb will be the grenade etc.

I was kinda hoping they'd let us morph into a cloud of smoke and ambush enemies or make them disappear. Add some stealth basically.

Delsin being Native American is cool. We need more protagonists who aren't just white dudes.

Excited for this. Thought inFamous 1 was okay but I really loved inFamous 2.

SmithnCo

Hopefully the anti-authority street art stuff isn't totally cringeworthy but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Looking forward to it.

Hoo-doo

Banned
The powers still make the game sound like just another TPS. The smoke bomb will be the grenade etc.

I was kinda hoping they'd let us morph into a cloud of smoke and ambush enemies or make them disappear. Add some stealth basically.

This is one of the first previews out there. I'm guessing that maybe not every single gameplay mechanic is detailed.

Sid

I hope the traversal is just as good or better than I2,really liked those zip lines and flying around and stuff....

- Some info on touchpad usage - Infamous currently uses it to build up 'smoke power' in the player and for example, for flicking up to open up a compartment on a machine before tapping the trigger button to fire and destroy it.

More tacked on than waggle to roll in DKCR

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Air ducts = overhead cables. There goes my biggest concern, game is saved.

It will be another TPS. There is only 2 routes for this type of game. Third person shooter or action game. Suckerpunch is no platinum games so that's out of the picture, but oh boy I wish they had the expertise. The formula is already set, you don't completely change the genre or do massive changes. That'll piss off the fanbase even more then the potential Cole change.

Groof

The inFamous franchise always intrigued me, but I never played through either 1 or 2, even though I got both (or maybe just 1, can't remember) through PS+. I'll keep my eyes on this and maybe hopefully play through this instead.
Or just go back to the first two.

Kouichi

Finished reading it and I'm very excited. The screens look just as good as the trailer shown at the PS meeting.

Also, 2D cutscenes are back, but the style is more reminiscent of graffiti art than comic book art. They're taking inspiration from a graffiti street artist named Banksy.

Gameplay

- Delsin can take down different forward-operating bases run by the DUP around Seattle
- Can get through these areas with force, but eliminating security systems is more effective
- Smoke projectile at Delsin’s disposal
- Also can perform a smoke-dash maneuver somewhat like Nightcrawler
- Air ducts found all across Seattle
- Can use the ducts to get around or climb like Cole
- Another technique lets Delsin throw smoking fireballs
- When Delsin descends, he can perform a “move” like Cole’s thunder drop
- Forests act as the edge of the game world

uh.. so he's like reskinned cole? who care about the element whether it's lightning, smoke, or fire if he still use them like guns, rocket launcher and grenades...

I'm still gonna play it since I like inFamous gameplay, but I'm hoping something a bit more different, less ranged power, more melee powers, Cole's melee is way too simple and underutilized.

I'm also hoping he use his chain in interesting way.

Top Bottom