• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

I seriously can't wait!
If you don't mind, can you please describe how good are the controls? how intuitive and fluid are they?

They are very fluid, easy to shoot and pull off all the moves. Delsin controls beautifully, there are moments where he gets stuck while climbing things like in previous games, but you don't really climb objects as much this time around. If I could sum it up quickly, everything just feels right

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
Of course! From the looks of the skill tree,
there are a lot more power upgrades if you are a bad guy. Plus it's more fun to be a bad guy in this game.

No, the smoke tree has more evil restricted options and the neon tree balances it out with more hero restrictrd powers. You end the game with all powers maxed out I believe for both paths. At least I ended the game on good that way.

Mondy

Banned
Who else is going Normal on their Good playthrough and Evil on their Expert one? It seems like the natural way of doing things.

Also to people who have played the game, does it have much in the way of those typical open world collect a thon quests? Specifically, are they attached to trophies?

They are very fluid, easy to shoot and pull off all the moves. Delsin controls beautifully, there are moments where he gets stuck while climbing things like in previous games, but you don't really climb objects as much this time around. If I could sum it up quickly, everything just feels right

Very good. Although sometimes it's a little weird to have dash on circle and jump on x.

Cool, Thanks!

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
No, the smoke tree has more evil restricted options and the neon tree balances it out with more hero restrictrd powers. You end the game with all powers maxed out I believe for both paths. At least I ended the game on good that way.
I didn't finish with everything maxed out.

10003901_10202271470281421_2092944029_n.jpg

Bi00uZsCMAAl08a.jpg:large

Loudninja

I just finished the story on good. I'm not sure if I want to 100% on my good or evil play through. I'm not going to start my evil one until the day one patch, though.
Actually we are not sure if the patch already out isn't the day one patch.

Even though the sizes are different it could be it.

teiresias

I've played all the previous games good first, evil second. I think I'll reverse that this time since good always ends up being the canon story and is rather end my playtime with the game on a canon note.

Who else is going Normal on their Good playthrough and Evil on their Expert one? It seems like the natural way of doing things.

Also to people who have played the game, does it have much in the way of those typical open world collect a thon quests? Specifically, are they attached to trophies?

That's what I did. That's the logical way to play the game.

And yes there is a ton of collectables and side missions, all of which are attached to trophies.

Can't wait to get my platinum :D

cdkee

Banned

I don't like that you can't move the camera while meleeing. Makes it hard to plan your next move if you're playing in a fast paced manner.

Completely spoiler free shot, but the details and lighting blew me away!

inFAMOUS_no_Spoil_016.png

There is one more vista that I came across that looks nothing like anything shared on this thread. It, quite literally dwarfs the shot below in draw distance.

inFAMOUS_SecondSon-15.jpg

Don't want to post it here since people should experience it on their own. It's just… too fucking good! o_O. It's so good that I wish I hadn't seen it as a screenshot first!
ahh should have waited! But thanks for the tease.

Alienous

Exploring and posting this crap is stuff I consider spoilers... Can you keep it to the spoiler thread please? I don't even know when you get to the side of the city that doesn't involve the Space Needle.

Sorry to sound like a dick, but it's part of the fun; exploring.

I think a compromise that suits everyone would be linking, rather than embedding, non-spoiler images in this thread.

Completely spoiler free shot, but the details and lighting blew me away!

inFAMOUS_no_Spoil_016.png

There is one more vista that I came across that looks nothing like anything shared on this thread. It, quite literally dwarfs the shot below in draw distance.

inFAMOUS_SecondSon-15.jpg

Don't want to post it here since people should experience it on their own. It's just… too fucking good! o_O. It's so good that I wish I hadn't seen it as a screenshot first!

LOL I posted that second shot a while ago.

Sorian

Banned
Why are people mentioning waiting for patches? Ae there some bad bugs?

I think someone said they were hoping that the patch fixed (or added) the second part of some side-mission that no oen has been able to access? I don't know the details and don't want to know, just what I gathered from some unspoiler marked stuff.

I think someone said they were hoping that the patch fixed (or added) the second part of some side-mission that no oen has been able to access? I don't know the details and don't want to know, just what I gathered from some unspoiler marked stuff.

Yeah this mainly.

Also to see if it adds HUD customization options, or performance enhancements.

Tried remote play today, it worked as well as I could have hoped. The actions usually reserved for the triggers are mapped to the bottom corners of the screen. No complaints controls wise, and it looks FANTASTIC.

I think a compromise that suits everyone would be linking, rather than embedding, non-spoiler images in this thread.

That'd be totally cool by me. Because I like talking about it, and anticipating it, but I didn't want to ruin the views from the tallest buildings...

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
Ha!

Still this game seems very polish.

It's surprisingly well polished, even more so if the patch I installed wasn't the day one patch. The only other semi bug I encountered was a boss exploit.

Final boss you can sit in the back corridor and just shoot her

Top Bottom