• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous Second Son soundtrack free on PS4

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
So we're 2 for 2 on free soundtrack downloads for Sony PS4 Exclusive Retail Games That Aren't Named Knack. I hope this is a constant thing going forward.

Darknight

If someone would tell me the right setting to record digital out/optical audio, I would record as WAVs and share them. Anyone know what the correct settings are for say Audacity? I really want to do this for this game and KZSF.

For what it's worth, the (pretty great) OST is available on Amazon MP3 for 8 bucks or something like that for people who listen to music on... anything other than dedicated console apps.

Oppo

Obviously they need to package it as it's own app until the system media playback is actually out the door in a firmware update.

Extra annoying as you can see from the Music Unlimited stuff that in-game soundtrack support is already there.. it's just only hooked to one source, so far.

If you really want it, should be easy enough to just record from Optical Out into your computer. 48Khz / 16bit / stereo, for the poster who asked.

psylah

Wait, what?

Do tell.

The Nirvana cover of heart-shaped box that was in the initial reveal? It's in the game too.

Delsin and the other conduits form a grunge tribute band called Euphoria. The whole sequence is a rhythm mini game.

flozuki

Can anyone tell me if the track from the "Make it rain"-trailer is on the album or somehow available for purchase?

I want that track!

Warablo

Music Unlimited trial was great, I really do hope they patch it so I can plug in my iPod or stream from my computer.

Shin-Ra

Here's the app playback UI, it loads pretty quickly.

13880859203_e9aab34453_o.jpg
13881197644_71b9ab6348_o.jpg

13881197424_0e9bba1a3b_o.jpg
13880803635_4ec3c7773b_o.jpg
Each track has its own screenshot wallpaper.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
It's actually pretty slick. Switch from surround to stereo by pressing triangle. No Nirvana cover.

Already bought it on disc and that seems to have been the best way to go. I don't get this whole idea of using custom apps for this stuff.

Wavelength, Alibi, Speed of Light at the Bio-Terrorist Threat FTW.

Shin-Ra

The disclaimer doesn't mention any technical group in SCE like the PS3 music unpacker so I wonder if Sucker Punch made this themselves.

Vashetti

Banned
Releasing this and the Killzone soundtrack as an app is a worrying trend that I am not fond of.

To me that says they have little interest in getting MP3 support sorted.

Darknight

Releasing this and the Killzone soundtrack as an app is a worrying trend that I am not fond of.

To me that says they have little interest in getting MP3 support sorted.

There is no "trend". The reason they do this is to get around the "no mp3 support" as of now. MP3 support is coming. You can bet your butt they will sell regular MP3 albums like on PS3 once its sorted.

MMaRsu

Banned
We really do appreciate it Sony. But come on, make mp3's compatible on your powerful awesome gaming machine as well.

S¡mon

Banned
Instead of building MP3-support into the PS4 OS and than throwing out free-to-download .mp3-soundtracks, they build an entirely separate app?

Top Bottom