• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous SS Photo Mode |OT| If it's not bokeh, don't fix it

Shin-Ra

Sucker Punch should be proud of what they achieved this early in the cycle. Goddamn.
It's a great kind of pressure to put on other AAA devs. This is what we can do openworld with a relatively small team in 2.5(?) years. Just a bit light on mission content.

[
untitled_by_kane1345-d7f8iqd.jpg

Good work. That is insanely picturesque.

Question, I see him in quite a few different outfits in this thread. Are those all DLC/Preorder bonuses or did they actually put unlockable stuff like that in the game? Amazing screenshots everyone!

Theecliff

Banned
Anyone else been having trouble with imgur recently? Tried uploading a few things through my iphone just before and it started acting up big time, was very annoying.

Anyway, was experimenting with portraits a bit last night:

13953020894_6aaa06598e_o.jpg

13929473026_048dddccc6_o.jpg

13929475012_40446dc674_o.jpg

Edit 2: I've rehosted these all to Flickr. Sadly, all the portrait images have spun around and I don't know what to do about it.

I have a few of Fetch that I'll upload later as well.

Question, I see him in quite a few different outfits in this thread. Are those all DLC/Preorder bonuses or did they actually put unlockable stuff like that in the game? Amazing screenshots everyone!
Most can be unlocked through doing District Showdowns.

However, Cole's jacket is only for those with the Cole's Legacy DLC, and the jacket he's wearing in Deaf Spacker's post just above is only for that section of the game.

Edit: Oh, and I forgot to mention you get different jackets for every level of karma you're on, as well as the hoody underneath it changing colour (white for good, red for bad).

Video is probaby the least photo friendly with how much bloom and "artifacts" that get into shots. but I was determined to get some. I also found a playground that was sooo awesome and took a few shots, but they didn't save for some reason. Grrr. Now I have to go find it again.

iwmaYRb1YluoT.jpg

iYt4HeWz0qUC4.jpg

ij8CJXckgGqbO.jpg

Most can be unlocked through doing District Showdowns.

However, Cole's jacket is only for those with the Cole's Legacy DLC, and the jacket he's wearing in Deaf Spacker's post just above is only for that section of the game.

Edit: Oh, and I forgot to mention you get different jackets for every level of karma you're on, as well as the hoody underneath it changing colour (white for good, red for bad).

Oh that's really cool, thanks. I like when games have various unlockable outfits for your characters. Shame Cole's jacket is only available via DLC, though - it looks great.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
For the camera it's just a matter of using the "Camera Orientation" to rotate (right stick), tilt + pan (left stick), and roll (R1, L1) the camera to where you want it. If you find it's too close or far, you then move on to the "Camera Position" option which you should think of as an actual camera being positioned in the space around Delsin. If it's still too close or far, or you'd simply like to see more of the surrounding area, you can mess with the FoV option. Remember than if you move the camera or adjust the FoV, you'll likely have to go back to "Camera Orientation" to re-frame your shot. It's a pretty intuitive system IMO, but you can absolutely get things all messed up at which point it's best to reset orientation, position, and FoV (using R3) to start over.

As for DoF, the F-stop determines just how much of the screen and how many planes are affected by the DoF, as well as how extreme that DoF is. A low F-stop leaves you with a very small area of a focus and heavy bokeh, something you can see in a lot of my shots in the thread. A higher f-stop makes for a bigger focus area. The DoF distance is for pulling in or pushing away that DoF created by the f-stop. A low distance blurs the background, while a higher distance blurs the foreground. Again, messing with the F-stop determines how big the area of focus is. If you mess this up (as I often do), or simply want to put the focus on something specific, drop the f-stop to 1.4, stare at an area on the screen, and mess with the DoF distance. You'll eventually be able to see the focus area crawling over your image. Once you find the focus and it's on the object, use R1 to make it bigger and the left stick to adjust.

Some tips in my earlier post here

Excellent. Thank you.

Shin-Ra

Anyone use a Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini Recorder to take screenshots from PS4? Just wondering if you can take still screenshots losslessly, aside from the fact it's only 4:2:2 chroma.

potam

Banned
I haven't tried this out yet, but I love how you could pick an image at random out of this thread and it looks so much better than 95% of the official press media.

I haven't tried this out yet, but I love how you could pick an image at random out of this thread and it looks so much better than 95% of the official press media.

It is insane how detailed the game is. You would think allowing you to get so close to something would just expose poor low res textures that you would not normally see whizzing by, but they hold up! It's crazy. I mean look at that sword up above. That is from the Angel you summon, and it is nearly impossible to get that close to it and yet the textures are still great and the sword even has nicks all over it.

Just incredible shots from everyone, What an insanely detailed and well crafted open world game. The details just perfect!

And just think 2-4 years from now what games are going to look like when first gen games look like this!

Theecliff

Banned
Some portraits of Fetch:

13929461551_0dc7759bc4_o.jpg

13952636523_d50f259bf8_o.jpg

Black and white version (because I thought it worked pretty well here):
13929469912_ae03988d73_o.jpg

Edit: Right, thing I'm gonna rehost all my images to a different site. imgur can be an absolute ballache to use and it looks like my shots are being compressed further than they already are.

Edit 2: Rehosted these three to Flickr. How do I get them to flip back over again? :(

Top Bottom