• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinite Undiscovery info/news thread

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Is the artist working on this game the same as the one on Valkyrie Profile? Those character images have a very similar style.

duckroll

Brandon F said:
Is the artist working on this game the same as the one on Valkyrie Profile? Those character images have a very similar style.

No. The character artist for IU is a relatively new employee of tri-Ace and this is his first major work.

duckroll said:
No. The character artist for IU is a relatively new employee of tri-Ace and this is his first major work.

the character art is nice enough, though a little bland and conservative. I think they fit the aesthetic the game has going for it well enough.

Desi

Brandon F said:
At least we know who he wanted to be like when he got older.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
iu02.jpg

For his first major game he really has done an amazing job. The characters look great.

Latest scans look so awesome :D

It'll be really interesting to see how this game gets reviewed. It's nothing like many of the things that games like Blue Dragon or Lost Odyssey were so heavily criticized for and it will surely be a hell of a lot better than ES.

So I wonder, is this game, like other 360 jrpgs this gen, going to instantly start off at a disadvantage with reviewers or will they actually look at all the cool things the game has to offer and make up their mind based on how well they are handled?

There is almost no reason this title shouldn't end up being, quite possibly, one of the highest rated rpgs the 360 will have all this gen.

Based on the fully real-time aspect of it, even while being in the menu.

The deep gameplay system with things like Action Points, battle skills, connect action system, Force System, normal and heavy attacks.

Party member abilities coming into play to help solve problems on the field or Capel playing his flute to take down a magical barrier.

Situational Battles, then you have player relationships, the ability to use your environment to your advantage in battle. The fact that enemies can pick you up not just based on visual confirmation, but smell and sound as well. Even in complete darkness.

Even cooler yet, the items the player uses could play a factor as well if a healing potion of some sort has a strong smell I assume. Or apples falling from a tree.

18 Playable characters, with different classes

Flashy looking combat. I really see no reason this game shouldn't instantly start off in the high 80s review wise or low 90s review wise. Unless reviewers will deem that it should end up in the 77-80 range based on the graphics not being to their satisfaction or the most famous of all cop outs "generic, rpg cliches"

Desi

CowboyAstronaut said:
There is almost no reason this title shouldn't end up being, quite possibly, one of the highest rated rpgs the 360 will have all this gen.
I hope not. Not that I hope it isn't good just that I like things to get better as time goes on. Maybe optimistic but I would rather things be better then this as soon as possible. So it'll be a great generation instead of this being top-tier while getting flooded with mediocre titles. I am fucking sick and tired of hearing/talking about glory days in JRPG bullshit. I want this to become the glory days and things get better. I want my favorite titles to not be over 17 years old but become something modern. Shouldn't you want things to further go up? Not just hit some ceiling especially with at the very least 3 years left in this generation. Valkyrie Profile 2 didn't come out in the middle of the PS2 life cycle.

Jinko

Desi said:
I hope not. Not that I hope it isn't good just that I like things to get better as time goes on. Maybe optimistic but I would rather things be better then this as soon as possible. So it'll be a great generation instead of this being top-tier while getting flooded with mediocre titles. I am fucking sick and tired of hearing/talking about glory days in JRPG bullshit. I want this to become the glory days and things get better. I want my favorite titles to not be over 17 years old but become something modern. Shouldn't you want things to further go up? Not just hit some ceiling especially with at the very least 3 years left in this generation. Valkyrie Profile 2 didn't come out in the middle of the PS2 life cycle.

And how do you know that this game isn't that game ?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
GS has a preorder bonus for the game

200512_bonusLG.jpg

"Pre-order Infinite Undiscovery for Xbox 360 and receive a limited foil print plus a download code. The code can be redeemed to unlock your choice of five different in-game items that affect your characters’ growth and abilities! Offer good while supplies last."

I would've prefer the Sound collection :(

When is this game coming out?
September 2nd.

dionysus

Yaldog
Thanks for putting the thread together guys. I have been following the game of course, but having all the info in one thread is always awesome.

Blackjack

mr stroke said:
Please be the US box art
MGAMEfcacf3e9fbe52a24929013789e597d.jpg

much better than-
200512b.jpg
I'd be happy with either of them. But then, I'm generally easy with box art as long as it's not a collage of the characters' heads staring off into space.

Desi said:

We all want things to continue getting even better which is why I said "one of" the highest rated games. Not THE highest rated game, but I do believe this one has the potential to end up being the highest rated of the pack.

I know no matter how awesome TOV is, it'll probably never get that type of respect due to the way it looks so this game and Star Ocean may stand the best chance this gen. Cry On, still need to see that and I assume we will at TGS along with new Sakaguchi titles or they may get announced at E3.

Also I just noticed the female ninja in the last IU trailer performing a fire ninjutsu sorta like what Sasuke or any other Uchiha does by performing seals then blowing flames from her mouth.

batbeg

Jinko said:
Why is this game rated 16+ anyway :S, what am i missing.

Probably not a whole lot. Same rating as Valkyrie Profile 2 and Final Fantasy XII... I never really understood why they were rated that, but I didn't think to question it either.

Jinko said:
Why is this game rated 16+ anyway :S, what am i missing.
Hmmm, some pretty adult scenes in there...

Hell, one of the first scenes in the game was Aya running up to a guard just to slit his throat so openly with brutal regard...

Diablos

This is a great thread. Nice job, error.

Blackjack said:
Rogue Galaxy was infinitely better than Star Ocean 3.
Are you kidding me? After buying Rogue Galaxy, I never sold a game so fast in my life.

Regarding the boxart, PAL is better, but NTSC still looks good. Don't really care.

Caelestis

The videos of the demo have really made me be more interested in this game for some reason. I never knew half of the info about the game that was posted here in the OP either, so thanks Error! Too bad I still will probably never be able to play this...

Llyranor

I'm pretty interested in these situation battles. It'll be a nice change of pace from just regular encounters.

I'm tempted to go day1 to support 360 JRPGs, but that'll have to depend on how good the game turns out to be. I'll probably/possibly wait for other players' impressions first.

Too bad it doesn't have co-op.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Hey relax relax about me saying it looked generic. More RPGs can only be good, there aren't enough this generation. Plus at least the presentation looks pretty good.

Llyranor said:
I'm pretty interested in these situation battles. It'll be a nice change of pace from just regular encounters.

I'm tempted to go day1 to support 360 JRPGs, but that'll have to depend on how good the game turns out to be. I'll probably/possibly wait for other players' impressions first.

Too bad it doesn't have co-op.

If you do end up doing that, I suggest waiting for REAL purchasers opinions and not entirely based on reviews.

Some pretty incredible games have gotten some really rotten and misleading reviews.

Rpgmonkey

Error said:
new pics from Famitsu

Gustav
080704iud04.jpg

I...have this feeling that this is just asking for shops and jokes. :lol

Anyway, looks really nice. I had a feeling that Gustav would be awesome the moment I saw him in that trailer. Unicorn bears rock.

So hyped! :D

I like the fur on the bear, very pelt-ish, as compared to a lot of other attempts I've seen, which look a little strange... though this looks strange in it's own way. I wonder how it's done.

icecream

Public Health Threat
The World (Highnail) page and Character page for Gustav has also been added on the official site.

:lol The bear's voice samples.

Top Bottom