• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Ward and Respawn co-founder Jason West has joined Epic Games

Mista

Banned
epic.png

Respawn Entertainment co-founder Jason West has joined Epic Games according to a report.

Epic Games has hired Jason West, who co-founded Infinity Ward and Respawn Entertainment with Vince Zampella.

This is according to a tweet from Geoff Keighley. While Epic has yet to announce West has joined the company, if Keighley said it’s true, it must be true. Still, take it as unconfirmed until official word comes out of Cary, North Carolina.

‏According to Keighley, West has been at the firm for at least a month

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I wonder what's on the menu over at Epic Games.

Fortnite
Fortnite
Fortnite
Fortnite
.. :messenger_grinning_squinting::messenger_unamused:

So we can assume the multiplayer big shots are now focusing on F2P. No wonder Cliff's game couldn't survive in this industry.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I could’ve swore this dude retired with his Activision settlement money. Probably got tired of seeing his wife all the time and needed to get out of the house. Sad but true.

Mista

Banned
I wonder what's on the menu over at Epic Games.

Fortnite
Fortnite
Fortnite
Fortnite
.. :messenger_grinning_squinting::messenger_unamused:

So we can assume the multiplayer big shots are now focusing on F2P. No wonder Cliff's game couldn't survive in this industry.
Yeah probably they’re thinking of new things to steal from Apex legends

DonF

Jason West left Respawn Entertainment back in 2013...thats some long ass vacations. Curious if he is getting his own studio inside epic...nice.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
It's crazy because Epic has a lot of momentum right now going into E3

Last edited:

nani17

are in a big trouble
Buying Devs and exclusives they mean business. Of course they're going to have these guys head up a new ip

LOLCats

Banned
i will say epic making big moves. Personnally still nothing for me that would make me use thier store.

Imagine if they somehow moneyhat cyberpunk2077 PC as an epic store exclusive. It wont happen, but god imagine the shitstorm if it did.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
I could have sworn that guy left respawn due to health issues or some such? I guess Vince must have bought him out? :unsure:

Imagine if they somehow moneyhat cyberpunk2077 PC as an epic store exclusive. It wont happen, but god imagine the shitstorm if it did.

If they could only moneyhat 2K to give Borderlands 3 to EGS for 6 months exclusivity, I can't envisage how much they'd have to moneyhat CDP given CP2077 is probably going to do gangbusters in terms of sales. I wouldn't be surprised to see CD2077 turn up on EGS however simply as a platform.

Mista

Banned
Epic did give us Gears of War, they could be working on some big new franchise.
Fortnite is milking them money right now. I don’t see why they would go and make a new franchise. Also CliffyB the don gave us Gears of War and I’ll never forget him. Gutted he’s out of the industry

LOLCats

Banned
I could have sworn that guy left respawn due to health issues or some such? I guess Vince must have bought him out? :unsure:

If they could only moneyhat 2K to give Borderlands 3 to EGS for 6 months exclusivity, I can't envisage how much they'd have to moneyhat CDP given CP2077 is probably going to do gangbusters in terms of sales. I wouldn't be surprised to see CD2077 turn up on EGS however simply as a platform.

I expect cdpr will sell it on steam, epic and gog at least. That would be the good move and maybe try to squeeze a little cash from epic on the way.

Top Bottom