• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Ward: Modern Warfare Ranked Play Won’t Be Available at Launch

Mista

Banned

In an hour-long Q&A with Game Informer, Studio Narrative Director Taylor Kurosaki, and Multiplayer Design Director Jo Cecot answered a ton of questions, and one of them was about Modern Warfare ranked play.
Q: Will ranked play be available at launch?

A:
I don’t know about that one. That’s something that’s very important to us and we’re working on. But as we’re finishing up the game, we’re figuring out what’s on and what’s not. We have a pretty aggressive post-launch plan, and we have a bunch of pieces that we’ll be able to play with, but we don’t know what’s going to be on it yet.
MP1st

Teamhelperjr

Neo Member
Shouldn't be a problem in my opinion. Overwatch did the same thing and everything turned out great. This might be the first CoD I get since Black Ops.

Overwatch doesn't have a yearly release of a new game though. This kind of stuff hurts cause there little loyalty to any CoD game once the next one releases.

Chromata

Overwatch doesn't have a yearly release of a new game though. This kind of stuff hurts cause there little loyalty to any CoD game once the next one releases.

Good point, the lifecycle of CoD games tends to be drawn out though. Look how long CoD4, MW2, and Black Ops lasted in their primes, well after they were succeeded.

Top Bottom