• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Ward ops to show PS4 footage for COD IGN vids- a series first since MS deal?

Well here's the thing, and I said it in the other topic.

Xbox One is plenty capable of running Call of Duty: Ghosts and games like it @ 1080p. There's nooo doubt in the world of that. It's a cross gen port and we've all seen how it looks on PS4: crap.

So the issue would be the dev tools being behind schedule as everyone knows, and so development time being longer on the XBO in these early days due to this, and concessions needing to be made for launch.

Therefore, to me, it does not surprise me that it would be able to get a patch like that. It's a matter of the added complexity of the dev environment, people getting used to that (launch rushes suck) and the crazy launch deadlines.

So, yeah, I'm sure if they did devote enough time and resources, they can get it there in a patch. Just curious to see what the impact of such a thing on a high profile game like this would be in that event?

This is what I, and people much smarter than me, believe.

The tools are getting better... later. I don't think they are eeking out 1080p but I could see better tools and a month or so of crunch getting it to 900p or somewhere in that area.

viveks86

Except, as has been stated by many people many times, 32 MB of ESRAM simply isn't enough for 1080p if you're doing some reasonably sophisticated rendering with decent AA. Only the simplest form of forward rendering, with no or little AA, will fit in that memory. If you want to do more, while still running at 1080p, you're gonna have to use other solutions, and then performance will suffer instead. The PS4 doesn't have this issue, because it has 8 GB (ok, probably around 6 GB for games) of fast memory to throw as many render targets as you want into. Then there's the difference in shading performance, ROPs, etc, but the memory differences alone mean the XBO will always have a harder time running things at 1080p than the PS4.

(I don't know what sort of rendering solution COD uses though. Maybe it really should be able to run at 1080p on the XBO without issues, maybe their engine is just bad (the recommended PC specs might hint at this given how the game looks), maybe the XBO dev tools just aren't as mature as they should be.)

But what are your thoughts on nba 2k14 being 1080p on the xbox one? Are you suggesting that their engine is less advanced than cod's? At this point, I don't think any engine from any major dev is less advanced than cod.

For this game, I really think this is an issue of tools not being mature enough and devs rushing for launch.

But what are your thoughts on nba 2k14 being 1080p on the xbox one? Are you suggesting that their engine is less advanced than cod's? At this point, I don't think any engine from any major dev is less advanced than cod.

Not sure what you mean by advanced... but in general basketball games have always looked great because they don't need to render as much.

Also it could probably be argued that the programmers at 2k are more talented with visuals than Infinity Ward.

Chobel

This discussion actually had me recall that (now-deleted, but nothing on the internet really ever goes away) post by Timothy Lottes (FXAA creator, now at Epic) from before the reveals (that basically confirmed the pre-reveal leaks as accurate.)
Only DDR3 for system/GPU memory pared with 32MB of "ESRAM" sounds troubling. 32MB of ESRAM is only really enough to do forward shading with MSAA using only 32-bits/pixel color with 2xMSAA at 1080p or 4xMSAA at 720p. Anything else to ESRAM would require tiling and resolves like on the Xbox360 (which would likely be a DMA copy on 720) or attempting to use the slow DDR3 as a render target. I'd bet most titles attempting deferred shading will be stuck at 720p with only poor post process AA (like FXAA).
My personal project is targeting 1080p@60fps with great AA on a 560ti which is a little slower than the rumored Orbis specs. There is no way my engine would hit that target on the rumored 720 specs. Ultimately on Orbis I guess devs target 1080p/30fps (with some motion blur) and leverage the lower latency OS stack and scan out at 60fps (double scan frames) to provide a really great lower-latency experience. Maybe the same title on 720 would render at 720p/30fps, and maybe Microsoft is dedicating a few CPU hardware threads to the GPU driver stack to remove the latency problem (assuming this is a "Windows" OS under the covers).
(Emphasis added by me.)

Thank you for this, so with only 32MB eSRAM Xbox One isn't really capable to do 1080p.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

For cod at least, I really think this is an issue of tools not being mature enough and devs rushing for launch.

As for 2K14 running at 1080p, well, they're probably not doing anything too advanced with its rendering I'd guess. Or they're using one of the possible alternative solutions and making it work. I would not be very surprised to see the PS4 version having better AA than the XBO version. But that's pure speculation, of course.

And yeah, like I said, it's entirely possible that COD should be able to run at 1080p on the XBO, and that they just haven't had enough time to optimize or the tools aren't what they should be (or both).

SeanR1221

Albert, I understand you can't be told everything. I also understand your friend's silence heavily indicates bad news for the Xbox One.

But you need to understand this. For me, this was it. If the xbox one can't run CoD at 1080p with ease, I can't consciously invest more money in the system your company is putting out.

So I don't know if you take user feedback seriously at all, but feel free to pass on that this news made a loyal customer (bought the original xbox and Xbox 360 on day 1, has been a live subscriber since 2 months after the service launched, and owns over 150 XBLA games) give up on your system.

And has convinced his close friends to be done with Xbox too.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

For this game, I really think this is an issue of tools not being mature enough and devs rushing for launch.

Considering the game wasn't shown on XBO at the press event, I'm thinking they prioritized 1080p/60 and made sacrifices elsewhere.

jaypah

For cod at least, I really think this is an issue of tools not being mature enough and devs rushing for launch.

To be fair we don't know what the 180 version of 2K14 looks like. Same resolution and framerate could mean a decrease in other areas. Maybe the game only taxed the PS4 to a point where it could run it easily while the 180 version breaks a sweat but still runs it the same. Or they could show the 180 version and it's clearly missing effects or the IQ is shit but still at 1080/60. The...are you ready? The ball is....ok, ok. I'm about to type it. Get ready. The ball is in MS's COURT now.

:D

Piggus

Do you know if NBA 2K14 has AA on Xbone? Because AA at 1080p will fill a 32mb framebuffer up like a muddafucka.

Chobel

People need to understand, just because a game looks ugly doesn't mean that it doesn't need a powerful hardware. It could that the engine isn't optimized, the designers suck at design, the programmers are not talented like Crytek devs ...etc.

edit: ZOE2's renderer was totally rewritten. I have to ask you what you think they're going to be able to do in 3 weeks that they weren't able to do in the preceding year or so unless some magical tools pop out of someone's ass.

I've seen many changes in OS development that take chunks of used memory, filesize, efficiency, etc etc. Especially with rushed launch products like these, 3 weeks to optimize things could help a lot. I'm not sure whether my experience in OS development translates to game development, though.

viveks86

Considering the game wasn't shown on XBO at the press event, I'm thinking they prioritized 1080p/60 and made sacrifices elsewhere.

To be fair we don't know what the 180 version of 2K14 looks like. Same resolution and framerate could mean a decrease in other areas. Maybe the game only taxed the PS4 to a point where it could run it easily while the 180 version breaks a sweat but still runs it the same. Or they could show the 180 version and it's clearly missing effects or the IQ is shit but still at 1080/60. The...are you ready? The ball is....ok, ok. I'm about to type it. Get ready. The ball is in MS's COURT now.

:D

Do you know if NBA 2K14 has AA on Xbone? Because AA at 1080p will fill a 32mb framebuffer up like a muddafucka.

Good points. We haven't seen the xbox one version. What if, hypothetically, NBA2k14 looks near identical? Are we all sure that's impossible without some coding gymnastics? I'm trying to learn by challenging some assumptions I see on this thread.

NBtoaster

Post process AA doesn't dramatically increase framebuffer memory consumption.

I'd expect most XB1 titles to have FXAA at the least. But who knows given the horrible aliasing in even the PS4 version of COD.

viveks86

People need to understand, just because a game looks ugly doesn't mean that it doesn't need a powerful hardware. It could that the engine isn't optimized, the designers suck at design, the programmers are not talented like Crytek devs ...etc.

Agreed. Just curious, how does cod perform on the PC? Is it quite demanding?

Not sure what you mean by advanced... but in general basketball games have always looked great because they don't need to render as much.

Also it could probably be argued that the programmers at 2k are more talented with visuals than Infinity Ward.

Agreed. I was challenging the following assumption: "Only the simplest form of forward rendering, with no or little AA, will fit in that memory". That's a definitive theoretical statement. I would imagine this can't be the case. The issue seems more practical, such as tools, ESRAM programming complexity, or as you and Chobel have said, dev competency.

Papacheeks

Banned
Ok, I'm gonna be real with everyone as I came to this conclusion 2 days ago when the shit hit the fan about GHOST running like crap on both systems.

(Even with the IGN 1080p feeds. Game still Looked like ass, can definitly tell it was downsampled/downgraded like a mofo).

The reason's minus poor tools/ESRAM limits that the xbox looking crappy along with the possibly higher res'd PS4, is because of bad game/Engine optimization.

Let's take a look at this Big turd of unoptimized mess on pc:
Specs according to Steam;

Minimum

CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better
RAM: 6 GB RAM
HDD : 40 GB HD space
Video: NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTS 450 / ATI® Radeon™ HD 5870 or better
Sound: DirectX compatible sound card
DirectX®: DirectX® 11
Internet: Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet connection required for activation.

Those are Minimum specs! 6GB of freaking RAM for a old ass engine with modifications?
40GB of HD space for a shooter?
GTS 450, or HD 5870 for GPU? Those can run most demanding games at medium settings, that look 2-3x better than GHOSTS.

Look at previous entry which was actually Optimized correctly:

Black Ops 2:
Steam;

Minimum:
OS: Windows Vista SP2 or Windows 7. Windows XP is not supported
Processor: Intel Core2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHz or AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHz
Memory: 2 GB for 32-bit OS or 4 GB for 64-bit OS
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 8800GT 512 MB or ATI Radeon HD 3870 512 MB
DirectX®: 9.0c
Hard Drive: 16 GB HD space
Sound: DirectX 11.0c compatible
Additional: Broadband connection required for activation and multiplayer gameplay
Note: Windows XP Operating System is not supported

The difference is fucking Staggering isn't it? AND Black Ops 2 ran DX 11, just doesn't say that in Minimum spec page, main page discloses that information.

I am going to call this one more on Activision, than Microsoft, even though we have proof of the down sampled resolutions on most of their games.

Just my explanation, Don't flame me!

If this has already been brought to light, let me know.

Chobel

Agreed. Just curious, how does cod perform on the PC? Is it quite demanding?

Oh yeah!
Minimum

Internet: Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet connection required for activation.

Metfanant

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/25/podcast-unlocked-episode-118-mathematics

IGN did a podcast about this, well part of the podcast is about this. I think they made some really good points. This whole thing has been so overblown, sometimes I feel like I am on N4G not GAF...*flame shield*

full disclaimer: have not listened to the podcast...BUT...

lets look at the situation...

- you have console A and console B....
- console A costs $500, console B costs $400
- game C is released for both consoles and it renders at over TWICE the resolution on console B

you really dont think that is a big deal??...that the premium (priced) console is underperforming by THAT much?...

if the resolution is "overblown" then why do we bother even having HDTV?....what was wrong with SDTV?...why isnt blu-ray 720p, since it doesn't really make much difference anyway?...

and all of this discussion about 1080p v 720p has been assuming (at least i have) that everything else is equal...that there have not been any sacrifices to textures, or lighting, or AA, or shadows, or whatever...

truly anyone that has owned multiplat titles on both the PS3 and 360 (if they are being honest with themselves) can tell you that the difference is noticeable between most multiplatform titles...even recent multiplats like NCAA 14 (which i own for both) its apparent that the 360 version is better...and that game is the same resolution on both...but if you play for a bit on the PS3...and then pop in the 360 version...it hits you RIGHT away that everything is just a bit better...

i agree that just about everything on this forum is sensationalized to an extent...people throwing things around like "30fps is a fucking slideshow" or "720p looks like you smeared vaseline on the screen" or "aliasing makes my retinas bleed" are out of their minds...

but the idea that the SAME GAME on both next gen consoles is rendering at such VASTLY different resolutions...IS a big deal...

This is what I, and people much smarter than me, believe.

The tools are getting better... later. I don't think they are eeking out 1080p but I could see better tools and a month or so of crunch getting it to 900p or somewhere in that area.
But then there will be much better looking games on PS4, and X1 games will have a new goal to catch up to.

It's not like tools will not get better for PS4.

viveks86

But then there will be much better looking games on PS4, and X1 games will have a new goal to catch up to.

Yeah I think MS will have to swallow this pill, if they haven't already. The goal post will keep shifting and they are going to trail. If anything, the gap will widen over time.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/25/podcast-unlocked-episode-118-mathematics

IGN did a podcast about this, well part of the podcast is about this. I think they made some really good points. This whole thing has been so overblown, sometimes I feel like I am on N4G not GAF...*flame shield*

If 720p on XBO and 1080p on PS4 is gonna be a regular thing this generation (not saying it will, but IF), I'd say it isn't overblown at all. 1080p is 2.25 times the amount of pixels of 720p, and the actual visual difference is quite significant. People have been complaining about games only being 720p this whole generation, with the expectation that the next generation of consoles will do better. Many have been expecting 1080p to be the new standard, and thus far only the PS4 seems to be living up to that promise. Even if the difference ends up being more like 900p vs 1080p, that would still mean the XBO is falling short of many people's next-gen expectations.

viveks86

Minimum

Interesting! So CPU requirements are exactly the same as black ops 2, but everything else has gone way up!

IN&OUT

Banned
MS effed up big time with that esram. We might end up the generation with sub hd X1 games or completely no-effects 900p games ( just high IQ textures).

Thank you for this, so with only 32MB eSRAM Xbox One isn't really capable to do 1080p.
I think it's more nuanced then that, as there are already games on the platform at 1080p.

But I think the point is more that one can't really point to Forza and then say COD or any other game should definitely run at 1080p because the games are doing different things, even though COD Ghosts looks like ass comparatively. And it's not necessarily just "lazy devs."

Bailers

Good points. We haven't seen the xbox one version. What if, hypothetically, NBA2k14 looks near identical? Are we all sure that's impossible without some coding gymnastics? I'm trying to learn by challenging some assumptions I see on this thread.

How much of the processor is tied up in the calculations needed to make the bullets from all those automatic weapons firing at once?
In some ways, I'd have to imagine the processor demands for the bullet physics and hit detection are more demanding in COD than say BF4, where there's only a handful of firing at any given time due to the larger maps.
But I'm not a programmer so I'm probably wrong.

If there's ever been a game where eye-candy doesn't matter it is this one. Will it play fast and smooth on both systems? Yes, most likely. And that's all that matters. Once both systems are optimized the games will look great, and likely a bit better on the PS4. I think the overreaction here is kinda silly but fun to read...

Kydd BlaZe

Albert, I understand you can't be told everything. I also understand your friend's silence heavily indicates bad news for the Xbox One.

But you need to understand this. For me, this was it. If the xbox one can't run CoD at 1080p with ease, I can't consciously invest more money in the system your company is putting out.

So I don't know if you take user feedback seriously at all, but feel free to pass on that this news made a loyal customer (bought the original xbox and Xbox 360 on day 1, has been a live subscriber since 2 months after the service launched, and owns over 150 XBLA games) give up on your system.

And has convinced his close friends to be done with Xbox too.
In the same boat as my man Sean here. Been a long time supporter of Xbox since the OG console. Xbox has always been my home for multiplats, shooters, and exclusives like Halo and Gears. I've also always preferred Xbox Live over Playstation network. We need some clarification...

Where you at, Albert???

IN&OUT

Banned
If COD ships 1080p vs 720p, we need an apology from Albert...or rather a written apology from MS technical fellow :)

Dat 50% difference not only showed earlier than we thought...it seemed even bigger than 50%!

In the same boat as my man Sean here. Been a long time supporter of Xbox since the OG console. Xbox has always been my home for multiplats, shooters, and exclusives like Halo and Gears. I've also always preferred Xbox Live over Playstation network. We need some clarification...

Where you at, Albert???
Ummmmm +1 , its funny how much sway I got over my friends. They know I wouldnt dupe them though.

My only gripe with this type of thinking is the idea that the Xbone is "very well capable of 1080p."

The problem is that fact in and of itself doesn't really MEAN anything...the PS3 and 360 were "very well capable of 1080p." The Wii U is "very well capable of 1080p."

The question becomes is it "very well capable of 1080p" at the same visual fidelity as its competition?

The PS3 or 360 could run BF4 or CoD Ghosts in 1080p 60fps if the devs really wanted to...but what other sacrifices would need to be made?

Well said.

This. So much this.

Can you please explain why though you are unable to use your position to ask why Sony was able to so easily confirm native resolution, and why you are not? You say your friend is director of 3rd party relations. Ok, so why is there any confidentiality about this? If Sony is able to confirm native resolution, why would your friend need to be behind a confidentiality agreement on something so simple if it were not bad news?

If you do not know, then I'd like you to speculate as to why. The more these things grow, Albert, the harder it is to find reasons to be understanding about these sorts of "excuses" (for lack of a better word...)

To put it in example form:

Why doesn't your friend call Activision and ask what the native resolution of Xbox One version is? As you guys have partnered with them with Call of Duty, ask why they so willingly allowed Sony to reveal their native resolution and if they would not be willing to do the same for you.

Yeah exactly. Adam Boyse confirming 1080/60 has really backed MS into a corner.

KrAzEd

Banned
full disclaimer: have not listened to the podcast...BUT...

lets look at the situation...

- you have console A and console B....
- console A costs $500, console B costs $400
- game C is released for both consoles and it renders at over TWICE the resolution on console B

you really dont think that is a big deal??...that the premium (priced) console is underperforming by THAT much?...

if the resolution is "overblown" then why do we bother even having HDTV?....what was wrong with SDTV?...why isnt blu-ray 720p, since it doesn't really make much difference anyway?...

and all of this discussion about 1080p v 720p has been assuming (at least i have) that everything else is equal...that there have not been any sacrifices to textures, or lighting, or AA, or shadows, or whatever...

truly anyone that has owned multiplat titles on both the PS3 and 360 (if they are being honest with themselves) can tell you that the difference is noticeable between most multiplatform titles...even recent multiplats like NCAA 14 (which i own for both) its apparent that the 360 version is better...and that game is the same resolution on both...but if you play for a bit on the PS3...and then pop in the 360 version...it hits you RIGHT away that everything is just a bit better...

i agree that just about everything on this forum is sensationalized to an extent...people throwing things around like "30fps is a fucking slideshow" or "720p looks like you smeared vaseline on the screen" or "aliasing makes my retinas bleed" are out of their minds...

but the idea that the SAME GAME on both next gen consoles is rendering at such VASTLY different resolutions...IS a big deal...

If 720p on XBO and 1080p on PS4 is gonna be a regular thing this generation (not saying it will, but IF), I'd say it isn't overblown at all. 1080p is 2.25 times the amount of pixels of 720p, and the actual visual difference is quite significant. People have been complaining about games only being 720p this whole generation, with the expectation that the next generation of consoles will do better. Many have been expecting 1080p to be the new standard, and thus far only the PS4 seems to be living up to that promise. Even if the difference ends up being more like 900p vs 1080p, that would still mean the XBO is falling short of many people's next-gen expectations.

For me personally, its all about the games. If I wanted the most powerful machine I would be a PC gamer. Xbox One launch titles look unbelievable so far, and I can't wait to see what future titles like Quantum Break and Halo 5 look like. I am buying an Xbox One because I love the XBL community and user interface, I love the controller and Microsoft's exclusives though not as plentiful as Sony's, are more appealing to me. We all know COD is probably the worst looking multiplatform next gen title, if the Xbox One isn't doing 1080p its because of optimization which is something that will get ironed out in the future. I just don't think its something to spend so much time going nuts over, and I really feel bad for Panello who seems like a nice guy who has to deal with all this pointless banter. Lets just wait for the game to come out, do you guys honestly think it will look that much different then the PS4 version? I am pretty sure the 360 version won't look much different from the PS4 version for that matter.

I just wish Microsoft would come out and say something to the effect of, "Yeah, our machine wasn't designed around having the best graphics. We didn't create a video game console, we created a media box that plays video games. There are trade offs to that. *Shrug* What are you gonna do?"

Yes, it would be stupid of them to do so...but that's kind of my point. During the reveal and the couple of months after it leading up to E3, this was essentially their message; they didn't create a box that solely focuses on video games, but encompasses all media and entertainment. One would assume, or should at least greatly expect, that with the focus shifted away from just games, the games would not be completely up to par with a box that was built with gaming as the primary focus. Microsoft *could have* created a killer video game console, but they instead chose to market to a broader audience.

Which is fine. Nothing wrong with that per say. Different business strategy. But here's the problem we're running into now: they want it both ways. They come into forums like this, and they give interviews with gaming media, and say things like, "There's no way we are giving a 50 percent advantage to Sony." and "There will be no difference in the games". They talk up their ESRAM and talk down the GDDR5 approach. They don't outright say, "Sony's console is a piece of trash", but they hint and wink and infer very strongly to it. I mean, what were they honestly expecting? They can't have it both ways. They should have quit talking about system specs and graphic capabilities a long time ago, and focused on their media offerings and partnerships.

jaypah

That was a straight power move. They didn't have to say that but they know what's going on. They threw a shot at the competition while making it look like they were only commenting on their own business...that's gangsta!

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I just wish Microsoft would come out and say something to the effect of, "Yeah, our machine wasn't designed around having the best graphics. We didn't create a video game console, we created a media box that plays video games. There are trade offs to that. *Shrug* What are you gonna do?"

Yes, it would be stupid of them to do so...but that's kind of my point. During the reveal and the couple of months after it leading up to E3, this was essentially their message; they didn't create a box that solely focuses on video games, but encompasses all media and entertainment. One would assume, or should at least greatly expect, that with the focus shifted away from just games, the games would not be completely up to par with a box that was built with gaming as the primary focus. Microsoft *could have* created a killer video game console, but they instead chose to market to a broader audience.

Which is fine. Nothing wrong with that per say. Different business strategy. But here's the problem we're running into now: they want it both ways. They come into forums like this, and they give interviews with gaming media, and say things like, "There's no way we are giving a 50 percent advantage to Sony." and "There will be no difference in the games". They talk up their ESRAM and talk down the GDDR5 approach. They don't outright say, "Sony's console is a piece of trash", but they hint and wink and infer very strongly to it. I mean, what were they honestly expecting? They can't have it both ways. They should have quit talking about system specs and graphic capabilities a long time ago, and focused on their media offerings and partnerships.

From business perspective that would be a dumb thing to say. Honestly.
tumblr_mi0kx52PIv1rmbokmo1_400.gif

He hit them with the open palm.

Massa

They did that in May, some people just didn't believe them.

Raymo

For me personally, its all about the games. If I wanted the most powerful machine I would be a PC gamer. Xbox One launch titles look unbelievable so far, and I can't wait to see what future titles like Quantum Break and Halo 5 look like. I am buying an Xbox One because I love the XBL community and user interface, I love the controller and Microsoft's exclusives though not as plentiful as Sony's, are more appealing to me. We all know COD is probably the worst looking multiplatform next gen title, if the Xbox One isn't doing 1080p its because of optimization which is something that will get ironed out in the future. I just don't think its something to spend so much time going nuts over, and I really feel bad for Panello who seems like a nice guy who has to deal with all this pointless banter. Lets just wait for the game to come out, do you guys honestly think it will look that much different then the PS4 version? I am pretty sure the 360 version won't look much different from the PS4 version for that matter.

Many people who love graphics would like to go the PC route, but it is usually the most expensive route. However, to get the best graphics on consoles you can go with the cheaper option of the two this time. This makes the situation a little different than just saying you would go to PC if you cared about graphics.

However, all of your other point for going Xbox One are valid. If Xbox One ends up doing poorly, you might even be better off for it. I say this because you can be damn well sure that Microsoft is going to start pulling out the stops(money hats) and forcing itself to think outside the box to get people back on their platform. Similar to how Sony handled this generation, but I don't think Microsoft is THAT far behind. When they do this, I will probably pick up an Xbox One.

Bsigg12

So how long until Microsoft allows footage of all launch games to be shown? Maybe next Friday with the Battlefield 4 tournament thing they're doing? At this point, I just want to see the games running.

Would this be the first console game ever patched to go from 720p -> 1080p?

Even if they do patch it to 1080p they'll have to give something up. Maybe sacrifice effects for 1080p since this is a clusterfuck at the moment. At least then they can say "see we can run COD at 1080p"

So is this confirmed now? What happened?
PS4 SKU has been stated as native 1080p60 by Adam Boyes.

Microsoft and Activision have yet to definitively state the resolution of the Xbox One SKU.

famousmortimer says that multiple sources are now confirming to him that it's 720p right now, but they're trying to get the resolution up.

dolabla

Anybody think this was a COD dev that said this back in June?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi/2013/06/15/sony-playstation-4-launch-edition-already-sold-out-at-amazon/

In talking to a developer who wished to remain anonymous, gamers will see a difference on Day One when they compare third party PS4 games to Xbox One head-to-head. The developer told me the PS4 is 40 percent more powerful than Xbox One and games like Call of Duty Ghosts will be noticeably different out of the gate.

The way that dev singled out Ghost's makes me think it might have been. And it goes right along with what's happening right now.

ironcreed

Banned

Microsoft and Activision have yet to definitively state the resolution of the Xbox One SKU.

famousmortimer says that multiple sources are now confirming to him that it's 720p right now, but they're trying to get the resolution up.

Ah, I see. Still a sketchy mess that is pointing more and more in the direction of the Xbone version being behind.

badb0y

Doesn't the game have to go gold like right now?

Top Bottom