• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InfoScout: PS4 Uncharted bundle highest earning product at Best Buy on Black Friday

bombshell

About the Data

More than 300,000 Americans snap pictures of their everyday shopping receipts via InfoScout’s mobile apps: Shoparoo, Receipt Hog and Receipt Lottery. The first 150,000 receipts (151,337 to be exact) reported on Thanksgiving night and Black Friday were analyzed to provide a quick read on this year’s hottest items based on unit sales and dollar sales for each major retailer.

BlackFriday2015_-NobodyBeatsDre@2x.png

http://blog.infoscout.co/black-frid...d-throw-in-the-towel-against-the-amazon-fire/

Discount thread if old.

viHuGi

Banned
Can't be, consoles don't sell anymore how is it possible?

Great for Playstation, road to 150 milion continues!

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Its good that one retailer did good, but there's more than one retailer in the world. PS4 is ded.

xHiryu

Amazon must of made bank of that tablets this black Friday sheesh

Good to see PS4 selling well, hopefully we get concrete news of the sale of all three consoles. Also there's no reason to not wait for Black Friday to purchase a TV, might buy one next year.

At Target last night I stopped by the video games section and there were no PS4s and no 360s left. Stacks of PS3s and XBones tho.

Well this is unexpected - especially considering their exclusivity of the Tomb Raider bundle. The NPD results for November are going to be real interesting.

EthanC

Banned
I am assuming this was the cheapest of the PS4 bundles?

Yep by far. And it was pretty much the only bundle my local Best Buys were pushing. Huge stack of them in the middle of the store and the other bundles relegated to shelves near the games/controllers. They did the something similar with the Xbox Ones. Huge stacks of the Gears bundle and Halo bundle, and the rest were off to the side. Gears bundle was hit hard. Halo bundle pretty much sat untouched. Such a stupid price on that thing.

orochi91

This doesn't mean much, since Wal-Mart and GameSpot are the deciding factors in whoever comes out on top during BF.

Anyone know whose leading in sales at Wal-Mart and GameStop?

Gorillaz

it was a hard sell to people on Thursday at times because many people don't know the series but when they saw the price at my store they said "fuck it" why not

EthanC

Banned
Jesus....no wonder PSN was fucking trash yesterday.

They are?

I'm prepared to not play online games on Christmas again this year on PS4. All those new PS4s coming online are going to melt PSN again. I've got 4 controllers and a copy of Rayman Legends to entertain my nephew and nieces with.

I'm prepared to not play online games on Christmas again this year on PS4. All those new PS4s coming online are going to melt PSN again. I've got 4 controllers and a copy of Rayman Legends to entertain my nephew and nieces with.

I bought so many co-op games that it isn't even funny. Diablo, Rocket League, Borderlands, plus many indies like Towerfall, etc.

Real news here is that people are buying 720p tvs.

Planning on using that native resolution goodness.

Kayant

Jesus....no wonder PSN was fucking trash yesterday.

They are?

OfficerRaichu15 and Ryng_Tolu,

The data point of Wii U as the best-selling console on 'Target.com' is irrelevant and doesn't reflect the trends of the broader U.S. Games Industry.

In data reports from The NPD Group, Target.com comprises a very small, almost negligible percentage of the overall dataset.

Target retail stores which do not show a 'Wii U win' in any sense of the term far outweigh their fledgling online services.

It has been reported that online 'Target.com' makes up only 2-3% of total Target sales. And, total Target sales comprise only a minority of the total dataset from The NPD Group.

GameStop and Wal-Mart are by far the most important retailers for The NPD Group's dataset.

Edit - Beaten Aqua did a breakdown at some point before

Top Bottom