• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ingame Shenmue online images

belgurdo

Banned
Mama Smurf said:
Not that Sega shouldn't try new ideas,

Even if they do, people will STILL cry and complain because the new games aren't carbon copies of the old shit, so why try to please the "fans" at all?

Mooreberg

I enjoyed Shenmue II a lot (played the DC PAL version). I think I'd have prefered they left the series hanging than create junk like this. Sega needs to just port VF4 FT to PS2 or Xbox and then die.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
belgurdo said:
Even if they do, people will STILL cry and complain because the new games aren't carbon copies of the old shit, so why try to please the "fans" at all?

That's what they ARE doing, and fans are crying and complaining, so maybe they should try doing what fans want? It's not like Sega's games sell well enough generally for them to claim doing what they want instead of what fans want is working.

Can you imagine how much happier Sega fans would be if PDS2, Sega Rally 3, PS...whatever, I dunno which number, don't follow the series and NiGHTS 2 had been released this gen?

And we'd have still got plenty of original titles, like Samba, Chu Chu Rocket, Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi, Super Monkeyball and so on.

ZILLION

Aside from the immersion factor,Shenmue was pretty much a crap game. That immersion factor carried it a long way but the game played out like an interactive novel with minimal interaction. It would have been more interesting if your actions in the world changed the "world" but nearly everything was pretty much preset.

If they're ever going to finish off the story,they need to redo everything and tell the entire story in 1 game. They need to completely redesign everything from the ground up. The Shenmue series was an expensive lesson in how not to design a game. There's a great story there but somebody else needs to head the project and make it a special game that EVERYONE will want to play.

For the record,I have no problem with Shenmue Online.

Can you imagine how much happier Sega fans would be if PDS2, Sega Rally 3, PSO...whatever, I dunno which number, don't follow the series and NiGHTS 2 had been released this gen?

I feel pretty confident that they'd still be complaining. ;-)

Alex

Haha.

Now, only to wait for the hopeful bombing of Xenosaga 2, then the circle shall be complete. Victory!

I don't see what's wrong with the pics. Also, no real Sega fan wants a PD Saga sequel. Sega is arcade gameplay, not rpg bullshit. You all like fake gangstas.

Hotsuma

BlackClouds said:
I don't see what's wrong with the pics. Also, no real Sega fan wants a PD Saga sequel. Sega is arcade gameplay, not rpg bullshit. You all like fake gangstas.

What was wrong with Panzer Dragoon Saga? That and PS4 were two of Sega's best RPGs (IMO). The only problem I have with Sega is that their console output seems to be seriously slipping when compared to their arcade output. Sega's arcade teams made the best use of their arcade hardware and I expected a lot of Sega's console games to really show off on this generation's consoles. Most of their Xbox support has lived up to my expectations and shows that Sega does have some talented teams, but I don't understand why games like Astroboy (PS2) and most of the Sega Ages remakes are getting released in such a shoddy manner.

Instead of paying 3D Ages to slap together questionable updates of their classics, why not just put together compilations featuring the older arcade games through emulation or have an outside developer handle the conversions? Sega Europe did the right thing in getting Sumo Digital to handle the Xbox conversion of Outrun 2 and to ice it off, AM2 worked directly with SD and even provided the means so a rendition of Super GT and Daytona 2's courses could be included. Maybe if Sega would provide this attention to their back catalog instead of pushing out horrid (by Sega standards) PS2 updates of some of their classic games, fans of Sega's classic titles would actually support the releases?

How about releasing standard Sega classics ports on the GC and Xbox? PS2 already has these Ages remakes coming to the US through Conspiracy, so vanilla PS2 ports might not be an option in the US without screwing up whatever Conspiracy has planned. Some of the Sega fans just want the older arcade conversions to finally be available in near perfect form. While I can't wait for Spikeout Extreme and Outrun 2 to finally get released, I would love to see Outrunners and Turbo Outrun get a great port. Genesis Outrunners was good considering the hardware, but a real port would be great.

Sega used to have a hardcore following. By hardcore I don't mean the idiots that call themselves being hardcore by defending everything the company does and buy games just because it is by Sega. I guess Sega is damned if they do and damned if they don't no matter what, but how about treating their classics line with care and picking up some of their old fans along the way?

I hope Sega gets things right with PS3 and Xbox 2. The company has some talented teams and a good back catalog of arcade games that can be put to use on PSP and Nintendo DS. They really need to their time and fine tune their releases in the way Panzer Dragoon Orta, House of the Dead 3, Outrun 2, VF4 Evolution and the Monkeyball games were taken care of.

As for Shenmue 3, I don't think Sega needs to talk about it at this point. They should save something like that for Xbox 2 or PS3. They seem to be on the right track with Phantasy Star Universe. Save stuff like that for the next gen where they can make some sort of impact.

I don't see what all you people are whining about? The graphics don't like that bad too me. the graphics look this gen. maybe that why all the people are whining. I would love for this game to come to the x box are PS2. Of course I am not a graphic whore. And Why are all the Sega fans complaining about everything that Sega does lately.

Lazy8s

The ghost of Dreamcast past
Hotsuma:
Sega's arcade teams made the best use of their arcade hardware and I expected a lot of Sega's console games to really show off on this generation's consoles.
With the Dreamcast, SEGA's designers worked briefly on what they and many in the industry felt was the best all-around designed platform of the generation respectively. Being forced to move to the other company's platforms and abandon some of the trailblazing work they had started sapped a lot of morale.

BlackClouds said:

Dude, what f'n planet are you from?

Sega gave you a perfectly fine, and deep arcade style action shooter with Panzer Orta, and you're still not satisfied? Give up and go home. The premeditated nature of this thread is very suspect...what the hell did you except from Shenmue Online? Also don't even fucking talk to me anymore if you can't show the proper respect FortNintey. Because I disagree with you I have to be on another planet? Stop with the dumb shit.

How can it be that a game running 2004 on a high end PC does look so much crappier than a game running 1999 on 30,000 Yen hardware from 1998? Unbelievable!

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
shenmue.jpg

Top Bottom