• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 gets a T rating from ESRB

Link.

This is a fighting game in which players engage in one-on-one battles with popular heroes and villains from the DC Comics universe. Players punch, kick, and use a variety of weapons (e.g., knives, swords, machine guns, laser blasters) to drain opponents’ health meters in melee-style combat.

Matches are highlighted by impact sounds, splashes of blood, and colorful light effects as fighters are hurled across the screen or to the ground. As players engage in fantasy combat, they can trigger super attacks and transitional attacks that propel opponents from different levels of fighting arenas. Some super attacks depict blood-splatter effects as characters are injured by creatures and/or impaled with swords. Cutscenes depict additional instances of violence and blood:
a character impaled with a sword; a prisoner lying in a small pool of blood; a character stabbed with a trident; a villain’s throat slashed off-screen.

The game’s dialogue contains brief sexual references (‘They’re thieves. Rapists. Murderers.’), and some female characters wear revealing outfits (deep cleavage, tight-fitting clothing) and/or perform suggestive poses. One fight setting takes place in a bar with several alcohol references: signs that read ‘Beer’; drunk patrons in the background; kegs of beer that can be thrown at opponents. The word ‘s**t’ is heard in dialogue.

Must've been really close to a M rating.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So that's why there is no blood when The Joker beats the shit out of the opponent with a crowbar in his super.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I'm OK with it, injustice doesn't need MK style gore.

In the first injustice, the scene where Supes
freezes than fries Shazam's brains was pretty unsettling without showing anything graphic.

I'm OK with it, injustice doesn't need MK style gore.

In the first injustice, the scene where Supes
freezes than fries Shazam's brains was pretty unsettling without showing anything graphic.

That scene caught me off guard when I was rewatching the story cutscenes last week. Pretty brutal.

I still can't believe they let Arkham Knight get rated M, a rating I still don't understand it getting.
Well,
there's Barbara getting shot point-blank (even though it was an illusion), all of the Jason Todd stuff, playing as Joker and murdering hundreds of criminals in the Joker-mobile, revving the Batmobile's tire on a thug's face, playing as the cop drugged with the toxin shooting up the diner full of civilians and ya know, controlling the incinerator that burns Joker's corpse.

It's a pretty hard M.

Top Bottom