• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

patchday

It's not even tournaments that are like that for me now. Any time I get a win people immediately switch to them. Shit gets so boring.

sometimes I go Casual but I vastly prefer ranked. all my dudes are L20 fully stacked with epics. some dudes just totally bail once they see my loadouts right at the Select screen

So it might sound funny but I find myself getting pushed out to Ranked since people acting all intimidated by my bling. And from my point of view its easy as pie to attain I just let my bots run towers. Only work I do personally is mostly in Practice rooms (gotta master these combos) and some Guild towers

bubumiao

Dash it all. Original posted edited with the video link *sigh*
Okay, now it's there.

I watched one of his videos for how to learn a character for MKX, pretty much the same info. I think I have approached fighting games the wrong way for most of my life. If you don't just want to be casual you'll need to think about this stuff (block advantage, etc.).

I think once I learn combo strings and have them at my disposal in my muscle memory I'll be able to make use of the wall bounces as well as some of the other more advanced meter burning techniques. There's a lot of depth to this game (and previous NRS games), really glad this one is finally clicking for me.

Compbros

Trying to scrape some money together for a trip to EVO, definitely playing 95 percent Canary if I go. She needs rep on the big stage.

Huh, the only Robin main higher than me on the ranked leaderboards right now is Hayatei. I'm not catching up to him any time soon lol. I'm pretty sure redraptor mains robin too but i'm guessing he messes around with everyone on ranked so it isn't listed as his main.

Xevren

Huh, the only Robin main higher than me on the ranked leaderboards right now is Hayatei. I'm not catching up to him any time soon lol. I'm pretty sure redraptor mains robin too but i'm guessing he messes around with everyone on ranked so it isn't listed as his main.

Seen Raptor jump back and forth between Robin and Deadshot a lot. Not like it matters, dude's a monster with everyone.

patchday

Trying to scrape some money together for a trip to EVO, definitely playing 95 percent Canary if I go. She needs rep on the big stage.

you dont stream do you? I'd sub you for sho'

Funny you posting. Just fought 2 Black Canaries back-to-back on ranked. first one smashed my Batman's face into the ground hard.Won second match. both opponents were tough

I cant lie I was kinda mad at you. I was thinking to myself they must've saw you play her at Combo Breaker and stuff and got all inspired LOL

The 1st Canary though would punish me so hard. 2nd Canary I decided to zone a little bit then move in when I saw opportunities

This video might help you understand the thought process of learning a character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr2dGlsdzx0

Alright I'll check this out. Need to also checkout the batman vid someone posted a page or two back

Also been wanting to mess around with Firestorm at some point.

patchday

Fate is my main hitman for these multiverses for that reason. Got his kit setup for zoning

Fate isnt one of our guild bosses right? I tried fighting the Bane guild boss but got owned hard.

Xeteh

There's money involved, no one's going to blame you for playing Superman when you feel like you should. BC v Aquaman seems like a fucking nightmare.

Compbros

you dont stream do you? I'd sub you for sho'

Funny you posting. Just fought 2 Black Canaries back-to-back on ranked. first one smashed my Batman's face into the ground hard.Won second match. both opponents were tough

I cant lie I was kinda mad at you. I was thinking to myself they must've saw you play her at Combo Breaker and stuff and got all inspired LOL

The 1st Canary though would punish me so hard. 2nd Canary I decided to zone a little bit then move in when I saw opportunities

Soon as I get a new computer I plan to, rn I just do late night hour ranked match streams and record sets with players. I have two different sets with Theo I can easily post.

Lol, I'm glad people are picking her up, she's awesome. Yes, as batman just zone her out. Trait wrecks her and by baiting out flips then meter burning batarangs you'll kill any impatient canary.

There's money involved, no one's going to blame you for playing Superman when you feel like you should. BC v Aquaman seems like a fucking nightmare.

That's the 5 percent, maybe Adam. Everyone else I feel I can beat with her, it's just that those two are super tough for her.

Compbros, any tips on using Black Canary? I mean in terms of fighting against someone like Dr Fate, Deadshot, or any characters that gives her trouble. I was also thinking of giving poison ivy a shot, any tips with her?

Ravelle

Why can't I beat Dr Fate? He just spams blast of amon ra over and over. When I try to close in he goes ape shit on me. Arrrgh.

Fate is nothing compared to level 4 Firestorm, his blasts are instant, he roots you to the ground every chance he gets, spams that blast radius every second and gets healing over time when he gets blue.

And yes, BC was my first character I leveled she has some great raw damage. I find her gear a bit disappointing though, she has three different masks and one star tattoo and her jackets are very similar.

sinkfla87

I'd love to see your sets with Theo if you don't mind!

I second this! I'm going to see how much it would cost for me to go to evo also lol. I'm going to change my name at the tournament to Pay2Lose.

What rank are you crack? And we need to play again soon :(. Been sick all weekend.

Compbros

Compbros, any tips on using Black Canary? I mean in terms of fighting against someone like Dr Fate, Deadshot, or any characters that gives her trouble. I was also thinking of giving poison ivy a shot, any tips with her?

Any zoner with a high projectile learn your flip timing to go through it. It covers a good amount of distance and will more often than not put you in a position where you can walk them down the rest of the way. Their options are to keep firing projectiles which you can flip or jump to punish, walk back/back dash which you can flip you foward dash to catch them, or wait for you to move so they can get you off them which you can flip and d3 to low profile some mids and all highs.

Ivy is best used as a mid/long range character. Though you can rush down she has gaps and unsafe strings. Frustrating your opponent woth zoning and long range F3 overhead will stop mindless rush in and gee hard knockdown string grants her a free trait.

I was looking for a second character to learn after Darkseid; after watching you at CEO, I spent all last night learning BC's combos. She is pretty damn awesome. Any tips?

Learn patience and don't be scared to flip in neutral. Abuse flip, d3. Learn to pepper in canary drop with strings to keep opponents on their toes. One dirty setup is BNBxxVL3 canary cry, flip, 33xxCanary drop. 33 on a standing opponent causes a quick rise and allows you a free canary drop if they aren't ready. In the corner you can do the the same then flip, 21xxCanary drop. It looks like you flip to the other side and canary drop combos into 21 in the corner so on hit it's a combo and on block it's another mixup. Basically it's 3 mixups in one.

Edit: I'll post the Theo sets sometime this week.

I second this! I'm going to see how much it would cost for me to go to evo also lol. I'm going to change my name at the tournament to Pay2Lose.

What rank are you crack? And we need to play again soon :(. Been sick all weekend.

Ah yeah I assumed you were busy over the weekend so I didn't send any messages about playing :(

I stopped at 51 yesterday night so probably a little higher than that now. still not great. But i'm not too concerned about rank especially month 1 in a fighting game, everyone's still learning. I just made the observation that there are only like 3 robin mains in the top 100 lol.

sinkfla87

Ah yeah I assumed you were busy over the weekend so I didn't send any messages about playing :(

I stopped at 51 yesterday night so probably a little higher than that now. still not great. But i'm not too concerned about rank especially month 1 in a fighting game, everyone's still learning. I just made the observation that there are only like 3 robin mains in the top 100 lol.

51?!! Lol that's crazy impressive man. I need to be playing more ranked matches... I'm WAAAY below that haha. Feel free to send me messages/invite whenever, I got the app on my phone so I can see and get on if I'm free! I'll make sure myself to message you, this past weekend has just been a total bummer.

patchday

oh man feels so good to pull off my combos online that I been working so hard on practicing. surely this is best I ever done in a fighting game since the old Arcade days at least

Now to improve my ranked WR and get it to be a bit closer to my Casual W/L. I feel so casual compared to a lot of these other players I see on the leaderboards.

Wow that's pretty good!

Soon as I get a new computer I plan to, rn I just do late night hour ranked match streams and record sets with players. I have two different sets with Theo I can easily post.

Lol, I'm glad people are picking her up, she's awesome. Yes, as batman just zone her out. Trait wrecks her and by baiting out flips then meter burning batarangs you'll kill any impatient canary.

Gotcha thanks man!

patchday

For those of you looking to complete your Black Canary gear sets now is your chance there's a Multiverse up that awards a full set of epics.

Ryce

So, I'm guessing the sales weren't nearly as impressive as MKX considering we haven't heard anything about them.
I doubt WB expected this to do better than MKX. The first game didn't outsell MK9 either. MK has been one of gaming's biggest franchises for 25 years.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Learn patience and don't be scared to flip in neutral. Abuse flip, d3. Learn to pepper in canary drop with strings to keep opponents on their toes. One dirty setup is BNBxxVL3 canary cry, flip, 33xxCanary drop. 33 on a standing opponent causes a quick rise and allows you a free canary drop if they aren't ready. In the corner you can do the the same then flip, 21xxCanary drop. It looks like you flip to the other side and canary drop combos into 21 in the corner so on hit it's a combo and on block it's another mixup. Basically it's 3 mixups in one.

Thanks! See if I can apply this tonight.

For those of you looking to complete your Black Canary gear sets now is your chance there's a Multiverse up that awards a full set of epics.

How long for?

Son Of D

Silly question but for "Complete event with 5 rare gear" objectives does it have to be rares or do epics count too? I don't have a rare choker for Black Canary but I do have an epic one.

Xeteh

Lol goddamnit. Can't finish the Black Canary multiverse since my credits are still negative and you have to pay 1k for one of them. This sucks.

Ravelle

I did the complete BC event and not one item that was better than my current loadout. Bummer. I got like 4 chokers from it too. Here's my current BC.

ogDqSNp.jpg

OUibtb1.jpg

HIHJikk.jpg

M6F4I8v.jpg

G9Ldyxu.jpg

51?!! Lol that's crazy impressive man. I need to be playing more ranked matches... I'm WAAAY below that haha. Feel free to send me messages/invite whenever, I got the app on my phone so I can see and get on if I'm free! I'll make sure myself to message you, this past weekend has just been a total bummer.

oh man feels so good to pull off my combos online that I been working so hard on practicing. surely this is best I ever done in a fighting game since the old Arcade days at least

Now to improve my ranked WR and get it to be a bit closer to my Casual W/L. I feel so casual compared to a lot of these other players I see on the leaderboards.

Wow that's pretty good!

Thanks!

Still having fun with RH.
He's alot of fun I was set on maining him when he got revealed but I haven't had alot of time to mess with him yet. Kinda scary to deal with his MB throw followup with trait because of how much advantage he has so thats something I wanted to play around with. Also some midscreen stuff to beat delayed wakeup.

Marvel

could never
Yeah his MB throw is nice and plus, you better guess right heh. Most folks I fight get lit up by that.

Cheetah is very interesting.

Trying her out now, bought Vixen skin tho... I had to lol

I know, it's one of those posts. Despite being invested in licenses like Marvel, Capcom and now DC, I've just never been able to play fighting games in the way I'd like to or for it to be fun. They were fun on an aesthetic level, but ultimately left me disappointed I just couldn't pick it up satisfyingly. Learning moves often felt like I should be playing with a joystick, flicking the analogue sticks before realising I just couldn't do the move.

My question is basically, how helpful is the game for beginners?

Ravelle

It's quite accessible for beginners since most combo strings and moves are pretty basic, a lot of quarter circles and back and forth inputs, there's also very long combo strings but you won't need them beat high level characters or people.

The story mode is one of its high points and the multiverse gives you the an opportunity to both train and level your characters offline while you still get experience and loot.

I've fought about 10 matches online in total and the rest has been mainly multiverse stuff and I've been enjoying myself quite a bit, I was in the same boat as you.

I know, it's one of those posts. Despite being invested in licenses like Marvel, Capcom and now DC, I've just never been able to play fighting games in the way I'd like to or for it to be fun. They were fun on an aesthetic level, but ultimately left me disappointed I just couldn't pick it up satisfyingly. Learning moves often felt like I should be playing with a joystick, flicking the analogue sticks before realising I just couldn't do the move.

Xeteh

Injustice is easy to learn, you can do basic stuff with a bit of practice. Injustice more of a pad game than really any other fighting game, there are competitive players that play stick for most everything but pad for Injustice. I'd also suggest using the DPad instead of the analog sitck, it is far more accurate.

Top Bottom