• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Permanently A

I'm pretty excited for this game, but I've never been good at fighting games and I'm tired of getting stomped online. Any tips where to even begin to get better?

are there any unlockables tied to doing stuff in the mobile game like with MKX?

I have been playing it for the last couple of days and haven't seen a screen that would list that stuff. But I also noticed stuff appears to still be locked so maybe it will unlock when the console game is released.

You can unlock Grid, a Premier Skin for Cyborg. The most recent trailer stated you can also unlock gear for the console version, but there hasn't been clarification on what that means.

This game in a nutshell:
fCZXPn3.png

Cerium

So I watched the story already since that was my favorite part of the first game.

Not bad. They followed up the original better than I imagined was possible, but it still doesn't feel as good as the first game.

The "Bad Ending" is pretty damn dark.

Garlador

I'm pretty excited for this game, but I've never been good at fighting games and I'm tired of getting stomped online. Any tips where to even begin to get better?
Find a character you like to play as and practice.

Short and sweet of it. Fighting games make me want to get good with everyone but you can't really. Specialize.

Learn basic combos. Get those memorized. Figure out spacing and timing. Find out which moves give you good set ups.

Step 2 is to then learn, for the most part, the other moves of other fighters when used against you. Know when to block, dodge, and punish. As you get familiar with your character and what your foes can do, you begin to realize what you are capable of in any given situation.

... and you'll still get stomped online from time to time. Lol.

I was looking into Black Adam since that's who I played in the first game but it looks like they took away his b23 as a launcher and d1 into lightning hands is interuptable now. I feel like I'd have to learn him all over again so I might as well just start with a new character.
It seems like in NRS games they have characters that have fast and safe launchers that deal good damage and they have characters without them that seem like they need to work twice as hard to get going. I'll just need to find who the easy characters are.

LowRoller

Practice makes perfect. Pick one character, stick with them and learn basic bnb combos. Learn basic frame data to know when it's your chance to get a hit in. And I'm sure we'll be hosting casual lobbies so join those for practice.

Good job coming through with the OT, delSai!

Hopefully this time we'll make it to a second one.

This is technically our second thread. :3 We didn't have a roster speculation thread the first time around, at least not that I remember. I do hope we make it to a second OT though, I was surprised we didn't make it the first time around.

Are abilities like Deadshot's rocket jump able to be used without gear? That ability looks cool but is it relegated to matches that use gear, so it won't be able to be used in a traditional tournament setting?

stn

Pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition for XBO, hoping it ships tomorrow. Amazon has never failed with same-day releases, here's hoping! Great OT. Subbed.

Q8D3vil

Cant wait for some Black Canary videos, i want to learn her so bad but i cant figure anything in practice.
Also, Robin is extremely fun character to play with very good pokes, but his dash cancel need to be reworked.

sinkfla87

Here come the shit posts! I've got a POM 24 count septic safe industrial toilet paper box with this threads name on it! Not much longer now.

I hear the day 1 patch is up, will it download automatically on my Xbox now?

Cant wait for some Black Canary videos, i want to learn her so bad but i cant figure anything in practice.
Robin is extremely fun character to play with very good pokes, but his dash cancel need to be reworked.

I mained Black Canary in the Beta. I'm keen af to learn her combos, so if you find some great videos, let me know man.

DrBo42

Fun note, The Flash will never use his trait in the AI Battle Simulator thing. Wonder if that's a bug or they can't make the slo-mo work with AI.

Here come the shit posts! I've got a POM 24 count septic safe industrial toilet paper box with this threads name on it! Not much longer now.

I hear the day 1 patch is up, will it download automatically on my Xbox now?

I'm not sure how patches work for the Xbox, but I'd assume so as long as your console is in "always on" mode.

Do you mean Star Labs? It's not coming back, but Multiverse mode features similar unique challenges, but with rewards this time.

Yeah, Star Labs stuff is what I meant by the challenge mode. I still see it as a fairly big difference as that was all "hand" created and was specific to characters. It helped me a lot in getting better at timing and using moves, for example. It also had the three star ranking system so it added replayability in trying to perfect the specific challenge. The living towers, and I fear this, just feel like a series of random fights with modifiers. They can be amusing but I'd always prefer having a specific challenge created.

Oh well! Just wanted to make sure I hadn't overlooked it in my quick browsing for game modes online.

wrongway

Nice OT. I am excite.

I still haven't even remotely narrowed down my list of favorites though. I want to play nearly the whole cast lol

Top Bottom