• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

I already downloaded 1.10 but it didnt modify my saves because I didnt start the game. Already got my saves backed up

but if I lost it all whatevs i guess. I only play competitive modes nowadays

Granted last night was first time I played online in many days. been busy with other titles

I just don't wanna lose Raiden and Black Lightning so I'm staying offline.

patchday

Seriously though I got so suspicious when I booted up my ps4 to play MvCI and then saw IJ2 updated. Figured I'd check this thread first cause I already knew they done screwed up and release Raiden early. Cause from my point of view patch 1.09 just landed last night (when I turned on to play online). No dev makes a patch this fast unless m,ajor money is involved

So fitting NRS would do this huge of a nutt up. The rage on reddit is overflowing r/injustice is lit up ablaze. NRS better have people's loot backed up in their databases

Hopefully lesson is learned and MK 11 will forego this loot box nonsense but given IJ2 is a smashing success I'm highly doubtful. Good thing DBZF is around the corner. Will still play IJ2 though for the competitive online modes. I only mention DBZF cause one day IJ2 might get a bit stale if they stop dropping DLCs so will need something to distract from MK 11

vg260

Something similar happened with KI after an update when people's Shadow Lords inventory wasn't showing up. That turned out just to be a desync issue with their servers which tracked the data and it was rectified quickly.

This may be similar but only IF somehow NR is tracking player data on their servers and had a backup plan in place to restore data somehow. From what I've experienced with lost items and purchases going from offline to on, I'm not very confident right now. I think this could be a huge mess.

This sucks I'm so bored I wanna play online but if I lose my Red Hood chrome dome that took me five months to unlock I'll go insane with rage. The total silence from NRS and everyone that works there aside from two tweets is really comforting too... Someone on test your might Reminder: You all should also contact Sony and Microsoft because WB games is forced to respond to their inquiry if they don't respond to your personal ticket.

Seriously though I got so suspicious when I booted up my ps4 to play MvCI and then saw IJ2 updated. Figured I'd check this thread first cause I already knew they done screwed up and release Raiden early. Cause from my point of view patch 1.09 just landed last night (when I turned on to play online). No dev makes a patch this fast unless m,ajor money is involved

I'd like to make a note here: Some changes of patch 1.09 were listed as coming 9/26. 1.10 was supposed to be the patch that enabled those changes (namely changes for Legendary multiverse requirements). This had nothing to do with Raiden. It's also virtually impossible to have a patch sent to cert and be published that fast. Impossible.

All your saved data is probably fine as long as it doesn't connect to the server, updated or not. I have high suspicions that the main issue here is the Injustice 2 server. I could test it but I don't want to lose my Multiversal Crown so...

Yep.

patchday

I'd like to make a note here: Some changes of patch 1.09 were listed as coming 9/26. 1.10 was supposed to be the patch that enabled those changes (namely changes for Legendary multiverse requirements). This had nothing to do with Raiden. It's also virtually impossible to have a patch sent to cert and be published that fast. Impossible.

All your saved data is probably fine as long as it doesn't connect to the server, updated or not. I have high suspicions that the main issue here is the Injustice 2 server. I could test it but I don't want to lose my Multiversal Crown so...

Yep.

link

That's what happens when you don't read the thread thoroughly. Don't make my same mistakes kids!

BTW I ended up updating and I only lost like 3 gear things I can remember. I'm going to try recopying all save files again in a few minutes. Have a few suspicions because I am pretty sure I kept a Five Inversions cat I won on 1.09...

So I'm at the point where I need to either step up my game or quit playing but I don't know where to look for advanced tips I checked test your might are there any other places for competitive gameplay tips?

delSai

So I'm at the point where I need to either step up my game or quit playing but I don't know where to look for advanced tips I checked test your might are there any other places for competitive gameplay tips?
Have you tried character specific guides on Youtube? It helped me with SFV at least

I lost lots of gear and 850,000 source money but I got a piece of Batman's Billionaire Suit set after the update. I don't really know what to think

They said they'd talk about what they are going to do about the lost gear and source crystals on the stream today. I'm really enjoying Raiden I've had some great matches today and Black Lightning is so upbeat I'm loving it. Hmm, I could have sworn that Tyler said something about saying what they would do about the missing source crystals and gear but can't find it now weird.

delSai

Stream is on. Raiden is out on the third for ultimate edition owners, on friday for everyone else.

They're exploring options to restore gear, will update us soon.
More "Full set" multiverses coming

vg260

Fortunately I was able to avoid playing with the 1.10 patch and was able to retain all my stuff after firing it up with the new one.

I really hope they provide a proper resolution for those that lost stuff.

I lost my gear but I got everything back minus 10k source crystals but since I just got done glitching my ass off I'm not gonna have support poking around on my account.

patchday

Do you guys ever have days where you just get totally destroyed by everyone you play?

yeah I just keep playing til I win. sometimes I'll just keep rematching the same guy and change my objective from "I am playing to win" to "I am here to learn this matchup. Is he doing something new? Can I at least get him to second lifebar and notice some improvement in my play?"

sometimes I'll go have a bot spam the same move I had trouble with til I master blocking it or something. This is why I like Starfire she's really versatile and also er, Firestorm.

yeah I just keep playing til I win. sometimes I'll just keep rematching the same guy and change my objective from "I am playing to win" to "I am here to learn this matchup. Is he doing something new? Can I at least get him to second lifebar and notice some improvement in my play?"

sometimes I'll go have a bot spam the same move I had trouble with til I master blocking it or something. This is why I like Starfire she's really versatile and also er, Firestorm.

That's what I do most days but I was getting totally shut down yesterday couldn't win anything. I fought this one guy seven times as Raiden and the matches were close he switched to Manta and I switched to Red Hood and kept using his parry and the dude rage quit lol. I mostly only play Red Hood and Raiden but I don't think Raiden is all that great honestly maybe I just don't know how to use him since I never played him in MK but compared to Red Hood or Manta he just feels off. I couldn't figure out it out how do I break someones armored move or should I just roll away from it?

Wait, Raiden is out already? Haven't played the game in a bit, haven't kept track.

He got leaked last week on Xbox alot of people got him that way he's coming out on Tuesday for UE owners and Friday for everyone else. HAHAH some dude got the Legendary for Deadshot and all it does is give 400 xp and some coins for winning a match with a gunshot. Raiden kind of sucks his teleport is ultra unsafe as soon as you do it they can grab you the second you appear 90% of the time his trait is also bad I've spent at least 17 hours over the last week playing him and he's just plain bad. People that smoke me on Raiden I can beat on Red Hood and I'm so rusty as Red Hood I can't even do a full combo.

Yeah, on PS4. Guess it's because we're in different regions :s. Raiden's fun tho!

Awesome!

So the download finally went up and I downloaded Raiden and the Black Lightning skin, but in game it still wants me to use source crystals for Black Lightning. Is it like that for everyone else?

Ryce

Apparently the "new character reveal" is just going to be Raiden, which is ridiculous considering he's already been released.

Gleethor

Apparently the "new character reveal" is just going to be Raiden, which is ridiculous considering he's already been released.

Aw for real? Why advertise it like that then?

Edit: Boon just tweeted about a surprise tonight. Surely it’s not just Raiden?

Top Bottom