• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Kalentan

Man the online in this game is just not kind to returning players.

Decided to start playing online again and it seems like every match is me just watching them see if they can kill me without me being able to do anything.

That is the most baffling thing about this game to me. You've got one of the best looking superhero games, and you don't have any iconic costumes. It's massively disappointing. In the words of Brainiac, "a truly wasted effort"

Yea no kidding. I really want an OG Atrocitus skin.

It's frustrating. NRS seems to improve with every game, but it all feels so wasted with them just moving to the next thing ever 1.5 years. A big criticism of NRS titles is that they stop getting played after a new one comes out. I feel this is entirely the fault of WB, but it could be NRS too for all I know. They don't give their games a chance to grow. I would have loved if MKX just kept adding characters and content. I hope MK11 will become a platform like SFV or any other fighting game out there, but I know it won't. It'll just be Injustice before you know it.

Sucks.

Have put in 355 hours of game play (according to the Xbox counter) since launch day/night in Australia. I've had a few gaming lulls, as much as 2 hours a week... sometimes didn't touch it for 2-3 weeks at a time. At the height of my love for the game I was averaging 9 hours per day most days (a fair chunk of that was just letting the AI do its thing). I've started to play the game a lot more over the last week, currently my average is 2.36 hours per day. That should rise a bit now that I'm playing it again as my main game.

So with the tweaks to certain characters across a few updates in recent months, has anyone changed their stats for AI battles ?

I noticed when I recently put my previously almost unbeatable Batman in endless mode (which would last anywhere from 80 - 150+ fights) has run into a brick wall (Dr Fate!) somewhere in the 40's the previous 2 times I tried endless mode.

Might have to play around with different gear to alter the strength/defense/ability/health numbers and see if that assists the AI a bit more.

delSai

So uhm, Ed Boon was at Brazil Game Show and hyped up Pack 3. According to him it'll have a bigger surprise than anything they have ever done, in Injustice and MK.

He also mentioned at NYCC that they will be releasing characters "long into 2018 and beyond" which might be a hint at even more Fighter Packs. Hopefully they'll allow some returning characters, i want Shazam back

So uhm, Ed Boon was at Brazil Game Show and hyped up Pack 3. According to him it'll have a bigger surprise than anything they have ever done, in Injustice and MK.

He also mentioned at NYCC that they will be releasing characters "long into 2018 and beyond" which might be a hint at even more Fighter Packs. Hopefully they'll allow some returning characters, i want Shazam back

The Beast Boy, Booster Gold, Plastic Man,
Superboy
dream is still alive

vg260

I hope it's not something stupid like Darth Vader or something like Soul Calibur did where the character is out of genre. Hope it's at least somewhat super hero related.

delSai

The Beast Boy, Booster Gold, Plastic Man,
Superboy
dream is still alive
Beast Boy and Plastic Man are in my top 5, would be so cool to have 'em in. I want Stargirl too but that seems highly unlikely.
I hope it's not something stupid like Darth Vader or something like Soul Calibur did where the character is out of genre. Hope it's at least somewhat super hero related.
I totally agree, no Main Guy from Mordor or whatever please.
Funnily enough Ed posted a Pic of Lego Marvel and I2 setups next to each other joking that this might be the closest to DC vs Marvel we might get. This basically confirms a Marvel character!

Ravelle

Holy shit dude, this is super exciting. I was afraid FP3 would be the last. if they also keep added modes and features it will for sure keep my interest.

vg260

Beast Boy and Plastic Man are in my top 5, would be so cool to have 'em in. I want Stargirl too but that seems highly unlikely.

I totally agree, no Main Guy from Mordor or whatever please.
Funnily enough Ed posted a Pic of Lego Marvel and I2 setups next to each other joking that this might be the closest to DC vs Marvel we might get. This basically confirms a Marvel character!

I don't know what he's thinking with that tweet, as he's not helping his rep for trolling people.

I mean, that would be bigger news than any DLC character they've done for either MK or Injustice, which is setting a high bar given some of the MKX characters.

I still have a hard time believing it, and am just writing if off as a joke based on those two games being set up next to each other, but I'm not gonna lie, I want it to happen.

delSai

Having a Marvel character would definitely be huge and WB Games has no problem working with Disney/Marvel but yea, until its official i wont believe it. I was thinking Spawn, but that wouldn't really be big seeing what MK got and with Hellboy on the way. A Watchmen character also doesn't feel like they would fit the description. I dunno what to expect to be honest.

Also Eds statement about the DLC support made me wonder if their next game will have a longer development time. Long into '18 and beyond sounds like alot, unless the 4th pack wont have monthly releases. Really weird, but kinda exciting. Another full year of new characters would be crazy.

vg260

I have to admit, it'd be extremely hilarious if Injustice got an Xmen before MVCI.

That would be amazingly hilarious.

Who could a crazy guest character be? A WWE Superstar?

Ew, I hope not. A wrestler is an underwhelming pick for a superhero game. A guest superhero in a wrestling game would be interesting, maybe, but not the former.

I have a hard time thinking of a character pick that would top something like Jason/Alien/Predator. Spawn doesn't seem like it meets his description of both a character that much bigger than those or a surprise. Marvel fits the bill of something that big. That or something really off-the-wall, which I'm afraid won't fit.

I do really hope they add an extra year of support to their cycle.

stn

I'd like to see Deathstroke, Doomsday, Luthor, Ares, and Zod make a return in Pack 3 or whatever. On another note, anyone have tips for playing as Sub-Zero?

I could see them doing a reveal at the game awards. I'm not as excited for Hellboy as I am for Atom, so I'm really waiting on the reveals haha

vg260

Makes me wonder if they ever want to go back to MKvsDC. Was that game even successful?

Boon was asked that in a recent interview, and he said not really as they are their own thing now and just mentioned the guest DLC as the only thing in that regard.

Sounds like Batman finds out about Tim, Starfire etc in the comics next year:
Batman discovers more heroes he can recruit in the battle against Ra’s al Ghul, but first he’s going to have to rescue them from the Phantom Zone. That means a trip to the abandoned Fortress of Solitude—which may not be as free of occupants as Batman thought.

If you guys are still around, thanks for the good times and the memories. It was so much fun speculating about the roster in the lead-up to launch and then experiencing everything the launch included together. I hope I see some of you where I'm going next, if not, I'll still be part of the Guild. Thanks guys, you are the real deal. Goodbye GAF. GG.

I wonder if they are going to add gear trading at least for the next game. I am looking for some gear like Speedy's Crime Fighting Cap, Staff of Grayson like forever and have plenty of Batman World's Greatest armour pieces...

Someone want to make a new thread for this?

Injustice 2 confirmed for PC. Link.

Warner Bros. will release Injustice 2 for PC via Steam and the Windows Store this fall, the publisher announced.

The PC version of Injustice 2 is being ported by QLOC. Starting October 25, users will be able to participate in an open beta available through Steam.

Is there a discord for Injustice 2 I know pretty much everyone moved over to Marvel VS Capcom Infinite so I've been putting all my spare time into that.

delSai

Theres a discord link in the OP but that probably expired by now? Maybe give it a try anyway while i try to get an active invite by someone who's in the discord already

From Reddit

yCHVpaE.jpg

Top Bottom