• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 patch 1.07 is out (Starfire, Bizarro, shaders+more)

Skilletor

You don't care about premiere skins? I dunno, I've been playing the game since launch and have a shit ton of colors for every character by now but obviously not all. I do think the drop rate for shaders needs to be highly increased and that these particular shaders are overpriced as fuck, but I guarantee nobody here or anywhere already has every shader in the game so nothing has really changed. Do you need this shader for every character? I don't ever play Aquaman so it's not like it matters to me if I can do a palette swap for him.

Not at all. I'm not playing tons of characters in this game. I think the Powergirl skin looks terrible and her voice acting is flat. That'st he only character I play that has a premium skin.

Canary is dumb af now.
Shit, when someone who mains the character is saying they're dumb, you know something's up.

You know something is bullshit when even the people who play the character say it's too strong.

"Ryu does a little too much damage" Tokido while kicking ass with Ryu in S1

"Ken's throw loops are kinda cheap" BigBird after beating Problem X in that intense Grand final of that European event.

"I picked Ibuki because she is cheap and I like cheap characters" Xian

Siege.exe

I have to give NRS props for letting the game breathe for awhile before patching. On top of that, some of the changes to the characters aren't that drastically different. The biggest change is probably Aquaman but that fucker deserved a slow death lol. Even so, I still think he will be a great character. People get so trigger happy on tiers they get caught off guard by character loyalists beating them with "weak" characters (See whiteboi, Honeybee, etc). This is by far the most balanced game NRS has ever released.

With that said, where the fuck are my blue Beetle buffs?!! Lol.

Edit:

By the way, you can "aim" his F3 now which is a huge change IMO. Think of it like Ivy's where she can cover a good portion of the screen by doing her F3 and holding forward.

Thanks for pointing that out, definitely a great tool they gave him with that change.

sinkfla87

Not at all. I'm not playing tons of characters in this game. I think the Powergirl skin looks terrible and her voice acting is flat. That'st he only character I play that has a premium skin.

Okay so you don't play Green Lantern, Captain Cold, Cheetah, Flash, or Superman then? Why would you care if you can't get (or have to spend money) on the tourney shaders for them then?

6000 source crystals can be purchased for 3 dollars, therefore the actual cost of the shader (per character, which I agree is shitty) is $2.50. I DO think however that the shader once purchased should count towards every character kind of like the Demon and God shaders. I just feel like a lot of people upset over the price are forgetting to go into their game and look at how many shaders they currently don't have that never mattered to them before.

Shit, when someone who mains the character is saying they're dumb, you know something's up.

I'm calling it now, Compbros is going to get even further in Tournaments starting today lol. He deserves a grand finals after his previous performances.

What's the deal with the Catwoman nerfs? I haven't played recently but I don't remember her being overpowered or especially dominant.

Most people put Catwoman in the top 10 but I still don't think she deserves some of these nerfs but whatever whats done is done :(

Skilletor

Okay so you don't play Green Lantern, Captain Cold, Cheetah, Flash, or Superman then? Why would you care if you can't get (or have to spend money) on the tourney shaders for them then?

6000 source crystals can be purchased for 3 dollars, therefore the actual cost of the shader (per character, which I agree is shitty) is $2.50. I DO think however that the shader once purchased should count towards every character kind of like the Demon and God shaders. I just feel like a lot of people upset over the price are forgetting to go into their game and look at how many shaders they currently don't have that never mattered to them before.

I'm talking about shaders, period. I'm not spending 2.50 on a color. That's a ridiculous price.

I wouldn't mind the tourney shaders being more expensive (even though i wouldn't buy them), but the price of just colors in this game is stupid. This, coupled with RNG lootboxes, frustrates me since I only play a few characters and rarely get colors for them and I'm not spending 2.50 for a SINGLE color per character.

vg260

Colors are the only customization I care about, so the exorbitant price is particularly egregious for me. They're ridiculously expensive and very difficult to earn in-game. There's no reason for it.

Problem is that the shaders are way overpriced and almost cost as much as the premier skins, which have a lot more effort put into them. I may have considered buying a few ones for the characters I play if they costed like 500 SC each, but their current price is a massive rip off.

Yeah, I agree with this. The premiere skin price is OK-ish since they have new voice work, at least the ones so far do.

However, the colors are extremely overpriced, and the lootbox system is incredibly stingy when it comes to getting the colors you want for the characters you play. It feels gross.

I'm really not a fan of nickel-and-diming for colors in a fighting game as color swaps seem like the least work-intensive type of DLC. That feels like the first place publishers go to squeeze players. I actually don't mind paying fair price for what feels like reasonable work went into, like stages and characters.

Maaaybe colors take more time to develop in this game due having to test all the gear pieces, but maybe that's trivial.

sinkfla87

So uh Grodd... I've been playing with him for awhile but he might very well be my new main. You cancel telekinisis quite quickly into his push or armor move. His damage is boosted as well... I'm doing 500+ atm with fairly simple combos lol.

mas8705

Tournament Shaders. Also known as the "Booster Gold" skins.

oe1s59ipr1PF6V98gO4-o.jpg

/sarcasm

Still, can't deny the black and gold colors look awesome on a few of these characters (and I know that Booster Gold is Gold and Blue, not Gold and black). Also can't wait to see if we do see people use Bizzaro Superman in tournament play too. You know that haters will use it since the "Boos" will be like cheers for them.

Compbros

Bizarro can't be used in tournament play, tournaments play in tournament mode with random gear and premium skins aren't included in that random gear.

sinkfla87

Bizarro can't be used in tournament play, tournaments play in tournament mode with random gear and premium skins aren't included in that random gear.

Bummer. I was going to say you can still play using shaders in competitive mode so they should just go to vs. with preset skins and let the crowd get hype haha.

Btw, Comp are you going to use Captain Cold more now that the broken characters have been fixed a little?

Xevren

Cold got nerfed too funny enough so we'll see, I may just put all my time into Canary.

I really don't understand what all is going on with Cold, was just hoping for some gaps to go away for him instead this all happened. Sad maker.

Compbros

I really don't understand what all is going on with Cold, was just hoping for some gaps to go away for him instead this all happened. Sad maker.

Yeah, I'm finding that change hard to grasp. I guess people were mad he basically got a free wakeup as it was hard to punish the pushback even at -18.

Is that the biggest change? Doesn't sound that awful really in comparison to the top tiers getting nerfed.

It's bad for a character many consider bottom 5 since basically week 2.

You better win all the tournaments now.

That's the plan, just need to plan what my next tournament is and get the funds saved.

poodaddy

Gold Member
Those shaders are sinfully ugly. Why do people think gold looks good....like ever? Silver and rose gold is where it's at folks. Shame about the pricing for those interested though, it does seem a bit steep.

Xeteh

Naw, I don't have much reason to go superman beyond cyborg, scarecrow, and maybe a character or two other than them

I know its hard to say since he just got nerfed but with the Aquaman changes would you still skip out on BC for him with his trait being what it is?

Compbros

I know its hard to say since he just got nerfed but with the Aquaman changes would you still skip out on BC for him with his trait being what it is?

Naw, I'd play it out at least to see where my opponents knowledge is in the matchup. Plus her neutral got waaaaay better so it's not as stifling up close.

sinkfla87

It's bad for a character many consider bottom 5 since basically week 2.

That's the plan, just need to plan what my next tournament is and get the funds saved.

Yeah that's true. But now he's like bottom... Oh fuck it he's still bad :(. I'm going to Evo with Grodd, Swampy and Cold (and getting immediately defeated).

What is the next big tournament? Don't forget what I said before, I got 10 friends and family rate discounts through my work so if you need a hotel let me know lol. It's damn near impossible for me to travel these days so I'd rather they go to someone I like :(.

Top Bottom