• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 (PS4/XB1) announced, has (microtransaction?) gameplay changing lootcrates

How excited are you about gameplay changing loot crates (maybe w/ microtransactions)?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zukkoyaki

I thought that was Powergirl at first but yeah, Supergirl!

I'm more excited about this than I thought I would be. I'm okay with CGI considering there will more than likely be a lot of gameplay next week.

GORILLA GRODD CONFIRMED

grodd-the-flash-1447813756.gif

ooooOOOOOooooo good catch!

Looks like there will be some sort of armor-transformation being part of the gameplay.

Edit: Oh, okay. So you can customize the heroes?
microtransactions confirmed

wow... so the only thing all that fluff says is the game has Super Girl and really crappy 90's action figure battle armor

... not feeling so bad about my NRS boycott at the moment...

The best part about the gear system is that the press release straight up confirms that the gear is given to you for "checking in" like a phone game. Gotta get those MAU numbers up for those shareholders

Kouichi

Cool trailer. I think the gear stuff sounds really neat, but since it's Warner Bros. I'm worried it'll be abused for money.

CryptiK

Character designs awful as always, and why the fuck does everyone need armour. And why does Batman need armour ontop of his armour.

Good - They are bringing in some of the characters we all wanted.

Bad - The gear system seems like a strange fit for a fighting game, and not to mention perfect for microtransactions.

Shaanyboi

Banned
So... everyone has these kinda dumb armor forms? We'll see how it works in-game I guess.

But hey, Supergirl! That's cool.

So I guess Nether Realm saw how frequently Batman has been biting Iron Man's style lately and went "What if we did that... FOR EVERYBODY?"

Alpha_eX

So they're all basically transformers?

Enjoyed the trailer more than I thought I would, gameplay really needs to be impactful and hard hitting to win me over. Keen to see this one now.

delSai

Hmm i like that they're trying something new with the Armor stuff, but i cant judge until i see or read more about it. The idea i like, but let's see what they make out of it.

I dont care at all for fighting games but what is the reason there's no PC version? If I was a pc gamer and I loved fighting games I would be pissed off. What good reason is there to just skip pc? Still Warez or just no profit?

Pics_nao

Wait, Injustice released 3 years ago? Holy shit does time fly.

Oh and how the fuck will this gear shit work in tournaments? Disabled right? What if it can't be disabled like gems in SFxT?

Top Bottom