• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 (PS4/XB1) announced, has (microtransaction?) gameplay changing lootcrates

How excited are you about gameplay changing loot crates (maybe w/ microtransactions)?

Results are only viewable after voting.

SpaceWolf

Banned
It heavily hints at Ra´s Al Ghul. He wouldnt be the obvious next villain like Darkseid or Braniac.

With the lazarus pit in play you could also explain dead characters coming back.

Nah, mate.

It's not Ra's.

For one, Ra's Al Ghul doesn't traditionally have an American accent. He's from the Middle East.

Secondly, I'm pretty sure Bryan Cranston was referring to the literal fighting pit as seen in the trailer. The whole speech he delivers is about the sense of re-invigoration that comes with fighting your enemies, hence the tagline featured in the marketing. It's purely symbolic.

I'm absurdly confident they didn't hire Bryan Cranston to play Ra's Al Ghul of all DC characters in this game. His inclusion certainly wouldn't fit the story they're trying to tell either.

What if the narration is only for this CG trailer, just like how Wiz Khalifa had nothing to do with the actual MKX game besides the CG trailer.

SpaceWolf

Banned
What if the narration is only for this CG trailer, just like how Wiz Khalifa had nothing to do with the actual MKX game besides the CG trailer.

Mentioned that a few posts back.

Fighting pit you say? Warworld? Mongul?

Very possible! No doubt the identity of Bryan Cranston's character (assuming he is indeed playing a character in the game, and wasn't just paid to narrate a CGI trailer) will prove to be the key.

But yeah, just because the narrator mentions "rising from the pit" at one point doesn't automatically mean Ra's Al Ghul is 100% confirmed as the villain of this game, especially if you take the time to actually listen to what the narrator is actually discussing in that little monologue (ie. how battles can define you, which is pretty much the tagline of the game itself). I really just think he's talking about a fighting pit.

Khezu

With Grodd and Cold, the chances of Reverse Flash being a separate character are pretty slim.

I'll still take a costume and voice pack by Wells though.

shaowebb

I'm hoping for some Manchester Black now. The more that I think about it, the more I think that the punkish British killer would be amazing for this universe's story mode. Plus the dude is a telekinetic who has cracked moons in half with his mind. Tell me we wouldn't have fun with an Ermac character whose visual aesthetic is Sex Pistols punk with a penchant for permanent Justice?

Dude would make an amazing roster selection. So hype right now for all the DC potential here.

SMvTL7x.jpg

And this post is uninformed.

They've not mentioned anything about microtransactions and the thread title insinuating it is really causing a shitstorm thats unwarranted at the moment. NRS does a pretty good job of listening to its FGC crowd on stuff in terms of balance and what doesn't work and since they haven't said ANYTHING about modes, how this effects them or what modes its in or how gear even works its...

Fuck its a broken record in here. I keep pointing this out over and over. Folks are front page reading, outrage culture rage dumping without any real facts to base things on and leaving aren't they?

Sigh...threads a cess pool. I quit trying to point out the same thing every page.

We got a CG trailer and generalized info that gear is involved in the game. No clue what areas. No clue if we got a for glory mode without em. No nothing. We know NOTHING so stop acting like you know everything people. We have no idea whats good or bad about this yet because we know nothing about how it actually is used.

Bookmarking this delightfully Pollyanna-esque post for the game's release :)

Neoxon

ya this is very bad news indeed ;(

Will try to overlook for Supergirl, the ultimate DC comics waifu
Ed Boon already confirmed that there will be a means to disable the Gear mechanic entirely for online & offline play to level the playing field (for competitive purposes), so no worries.

Ryce

One of my major criticisms against NRS is the lack of character diversity. Every character in an NRS game is a bipedal humanoid of regular height. I love Marvel vs. Capcom for its wacky, left field character choices -- there's a playable wolf, raccoon, octopus monster, and so on. I'd love for Mxyzptlk, Bat-Mite, or Starro to be in Injustice, but I don't think that's ever going to happen.

One of my major criticisms against NRS is the lack of character diversity. Every character in an NRS game is a bipedal humanoid of regular height. I love Marvel vs. Capcom for its wacky, left field character choices -- there's a playable wolf, raccoon, octopus monster, and so on. I'd love for Mxyzptlk, Bat-Mite, or Starro to be in Injustice, but I don't think that's ever going to happen.
When was the last time NRS had a four-legged character? Motaro maybe?

shaowebb

Bookmarking this delightfully Pollyanna-esque post for the game's release :)

Okay. But what exactly will it do? We really don't know anything at this point and they really haven't mentioned microtransactions yet. Emphasis on the yet in case you gloss passed that part of all my posts. I mention it several times through out the thread that its not something we can rule out, but that its definitely something we haven't had confirmed at this point. In case you want to reference this post too it happens about 1 week after E3 and all we have at this point is a few play vids from E3 from IGN and an Xbox stream. In that time period though Boon did confirm their will be a base mode to play for tourney folks, but not whether it'll use no gear or only selective gear. Also that microtransactions aren't something they have decided yet and that all avenues are being looked into still.

So yeah...quote this one too for release.

Top Bottom